Trading Deadline Thread

Moderator: bwgood77

LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Re: Trading Deadline Thread 

Post#21 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Nov 1, 2017 4:59 am

Heavy price to pay for Seahawks. But it is clear, they are gearing up for a title right now. And I believe, with this move, and without Aaron Rodgers, this places Seattle as team to beat from NFC. All they need to do is give Wilson his time and space, and they represent the NFC.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,760

Post#22 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Wed Nov 1, 2017 9:29 am

Did the Raiders fix our D# yet? No...? :( Sigh.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#23 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Nov 1, 2017 11:51 am

LAKESHOW wrote:Heavy price to pay for Seahawks. But it is clear, they are gearing up for a title right now. And I believe, with this move, and without Aaron Rodgers, this places Seattle as team to beat from NFC. All they need to do is give Wilson his time and space, and they represent the NFC.

As much as it pains me to type the following sentence...

The Eagles beg to disagree.

I feel dirty.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#24 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Nov 1, 2017 12:21 pm

Browns trade for McCarron falls through because Browns forget to file paperwork before trade deadline.

Browns.
celticsfan34
Junior
And1: 91

Post#25 » by celticsfan34 » Wed Nov 1, 2017 12:51 pm

Yunsen wrote:Not really feeling the trade for Buffalo. Benjamin is a jump ball WR which Tyrod doesn’t really throw. The value isn’t bad but I don’t think it helps them much to compete with New England.

Clearly someone that has never watched Kelvin Benjamin play. This trade is about as dumb as it gets for Carolina. He's your top wide receiver and Newton's security blanket. Funchess has had a decent season but a small sample size, and Dickson hasn't done anything since that game against Detroit. There is nothing wrong with have multiple 6'0-plus receivers. Their problem is the offensive line.
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,047

Post#26 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Wed Nov 1, 2017 1:49 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Browns trade for McCarron falls through because Browns forget to file paperwork before trade deadline.

Browns.

Thank the lord! I have no clue why on earth we would give up that much for McCarron anyhow. We let two good targets stroll right by us in Jimmy G and Kelvin Benjamin, an instead we try to overpay for a career backup with zero proof of being a franchise QB so far.

I hate our FO though, but this is the best worst mistake they've made in awhile!
Yunsen
Senior
And1: 263

Post#27 » by Yunsen » Wed Nov 1, 2017 8:57 pm

Pharmcat wrote:too much to give up for a 32 LT, i think SEA overpaid

We had to do it. We have about a 3 year window left and with Rodgers out this might be our best chance left for another Super Bowl. Plus we haven’t had much luck drafting high in the draft lately. We’ll likely trade down our first round pick to get picks back. My guess is we’ll try to get our two 2nd rounders back from this and the Richardson trade by trading our late 1st for a lower end 2018 2nd and 2019 2nd.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,456

Post#28 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Nov 1, 2017 9:08 pm

Yunsen wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:too much to give up for a 32 LT, i think SEA overpaid

We had to do it. We have about a 3 year window left and with Rodgers out this might be our best chance left for another Super Bowl. Plus we haven’t had much luck drafting high in the draft lately. We’ll likely trade down our first round pick to get picks back. My guess is we’ll try to get our two 2nd rounders back from this and the Richardson trade by trading our late 1st for a lower end 2018 2nd and 2019 2nd.

Yup. "Trader" John will be busy.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#29 » by FNQ » Wed Nov 1, 2017 9:23 pm

Seattle didnt give up that much for a pro bowl caliber LT.. they had to invest in the position eventually. 2nd round picks have a 40% chance of being a starter, add that into dropping from a 3rd to a 5th. I like it for them. It will be great that they can actually run to the left, and give a guy like Russ more of a chance to find his WR.

Duane gives you guys 2-3 years of above average to elite LT play. With Russ Wilson at 28 going on 29, I agree with the 3 year window cited above. Good move for the Seachickens
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#30 » by Mich3006 » Thu Nov 2, 2017 11:55 am

FNQ wrote:I just got told Vontae Davis is going to be deal very soon, and my friend said w/o hesitation: New Orleans. Decently plugged in, FWIW.

I can´t understand why the Colts stood pat. He won´t stay with them after this season so any pick(s) would´ve been useful.

Let´s wait a few weeks and they´ll waive him... same with DRC and the Giants in that regard.
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,603

Post#31 » by atlantabbq99 » Sat Nov 4, 2017 9:41 am

ex NFL players are saying that Kelvin Benjamin got traded because of recent and multiple off the field issues. Does anybody know what those off the field issues may be?
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#32 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Nov 4, 2017 2:48 pm

atlantabbq99 wrote:ex NFL players are saying that Kelvin Benjamin got traded because of recent and multiple off the field issues. Does anybody know what those off the field issues may be?

If there are "issues", they sure are being kept quiet. Asked my Panther fan co-workers and they haven't heard anything about that. One of them pointed me to some Steve Smith comments about Benjamin and Devin Funchess basically being "the same guy" which creates problems stretching the field. So they kept Funchess (the younger and cheaper guy) and moved Benjamin. I suppose there is some logic there but it's still a headscratcher from a Carolina perspective.

Return to The General NFL Board