Week 9 Matchups and Game Discussion

Moderator: bwgood77

bmurph128
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,625

Re: Week 9 Matchups and Game Discussion 

Post#121 » by bmurph128 » Wed Nov 8, 2017 5:29 pm

blazza18 wrote:Indeed. If Jerry can keep Zeke from being suspended 6 weeks they are right up there too. Probably number 2 in the NFC at this point.

You forgot to put "East" after NFC..

Dallas is playing really well, but hard to put them over the Saints, Rams and Vikings right now...especially since the Rams actually beat them, in Dallas
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,019

Post#122 » by Mr B » Wed Nov 8, 2017 10:58 pm

bmurph128 wrote:
blazza18 wrote:Indeed. If Jerry can keep Zeke from being suspended 6 weeks they are right up there too. Probably number 2 in the NFC at this point.

Dallas is playing really well, but hard to put them over the Saints, Rams and Vikings right now...especially since the Rams actually beat them, in Dallas

Dallas was actually winning that game late in the 4th and was really one stop away from winning. Their defense has improved a great deal since that game so it’s reasonable for some to consider them the better team at the moment. I️ can also see though why people would put the Rams over Dallas though. I️ agree it’s hard to put Dallas over the Saints though. Strength of schedule is what would give the Cowboys the edge. Cowboys have a much better offense than the Vikings but the Vikings have a better defense. Again, hard to say who has the clear cut better team. All of those teams have a legit argument for being the 2nd best team in the NFC.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,284

Post#123 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Nov 8, 2017 11:32 pm

Also in regards to the Ram game, we came off a Monday night when the Rams 10 days to rest and get ready for us. We were at a bad disadvantage that week. We'll get them next time if we meet. No worries.
blazza18
RealGM
And1: 26,623

Post#124 » by blazza18 » Thu Nov 9, 2017 12:22 am

bmurph128 wrote:

Beating them h2h is a good tiebreaker here. Just trust Dak, Zeke, their OL over the Rams moving forward.
Baddy Chuck wrote:I want to win but I also love chaos.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#125 » by Otis Driftwood » Thu Nov 9, 2017 12:53 am

bmurph128 wrote:

I look forward to a rematch. Hopefully in January.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bmurph128
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,625

Re: RE: Re: Week 9 Matchups and Game Discussion 

Post#126 » by bmurph128 » Thu Nov 9, 2017 12:58 am

Mr B wrote:
bmurph128 wrote:

Dallas was actually winning that game late in the 4th and was really one stop away from winning. Their defense has improved a great deal since that game so it’s reasonable for some to consider them the better team at the moment. I️ can also see though why people would put the Rams over Dallas though. I️ agree it’s hard to put Dallas over the Saints though. Strength of schedule is what would give the Cowboys the edge. Cowboys have a much better offense than the Vikings but the Vikings have a better defense. Again, hard to say who has the clear cut better team. All of those teams have a legit argument for being the 2nd best team in the NFC.

The Rams actually took the lead with 2 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter.

The Rams also have the best point differential in the league. Weird that someone would put the Saints over the Cowboys but not the Rams.

Sent from my SM-T350 using RealGM mobile app
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,284

Post#127 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Nov 9, 2017 5:41 am

Mr B wrote:
bmurph128 wrote:

Why are we all caving in on the fact the Egals and their 5th place schedule is the best team in the NFC. they will crash and burn in a few weeks. Keep watching and stay tuned. :wizard:
Mr B
RealGM

Post#128 » by Mr B » Thu Nov 9, 2017 6:29 am

bmurph128 wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bmurph128 wrote:

The Rams actually took the lead with 2 minutes to go in the 3rd quarter.

The Rams also have the best point differential in the league. Weird that someone would put the Saints over the Cowboys but not the Rams.

Sent from my SM-T350 using RealGM mobile app

Because the Saints have a HOF QB that is still ballin, have a defense that actually looks legit, they seem to have found a running game (screen game too), oh and there is that 6 game winning streak. Regardless of what you personally think about the Saints they absolutely belong in the conversation for 2nd best team in the NFL. Hell they have a reasonable case for being the #1 team in the NFC. The only reason I️ put the Eagles ahead is because they have the tougher schedule and Carson Wentz would be my MVP if the season ended right now.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#129 » by Mr B » Thu Nov 9, 2017 6:38 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Mr B wrote:
bmurph128 wrote:

Why are we all caving in on the fact the Egals and their 5th place schedule is the best team in the NFC. they will crash and burn in a few weeks. Keep watching and stay tuned. :wizard:

I️ definitely hope you’re right. As fans we can think that far out but the team needs to be focuses on Atlanta. If they do get past Atlanta with a win though it will set up for a huge game against the Eagles. It will be a huge pressure game for both teams but especially both QB’s. Even though the Eagles will have a lead in the division the Cowboys would be one game back and all the momentum. We are going to find out what these young QB’s are made of.
Mr B
RealGM

Post#130 » by Mr B » Thu Nov 9, 2017 6:50 am

Also I️ mentioned right now if the season ended Wentz would be my MVP. That’s true I️ think he has been the MVP to this point. If (big IF) the Cowboys are able to beat Atlanta and then are able to beat the Eagles, I️ think Dak would have to jump right into that MVP talk. His numbers are good enough. The team would be 7-3 at that point, in spite of all the turmoil. Throughout all of this there has been Dak doing his think and leading this team to wins. Dak has been the guy there in practice with the team, commanding the huddle. He’s been this team’s rock. Replace him with Tom Savage and this team is absolute crap.

As a second year player he’s established himself as the unquestioned leader of the team (including Witten)

Return to The General NFL Board