Moderator: bwgood77

bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,274

Re: Week 10 Matchups and Games Discussion 

Post#161 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:28 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Ayatollah wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:Checking in on Chaz Green...

Comment on FB :lol:
List of options better than Chaz Green:

* La'el Collins
* Cole Beasley
* Literal turnstiles
* Sack of potatoes
* Traffic cones
* Kangaroo
* Tony Romo
* Becca Longo
* Bouncy house
* Tyron Smith in a wheelchair
* A cardboard cutout of Tyron Smith in said wheelchair
* Jerry Jones himself
* Aaron Hernandez's corpse

EDGE ADRIAN CLAYBORN, 99.9 OVERALL GRADE

The chief beneficiary of Tyron Smith’s injury was Clayborn, who notched six sacks, but also a hit and six additional hurries, first against Chaz Green and then against Byron Bell once Green had been benched. Clayborn made a sequence of monster plays in the game, and was completely outclassing the players tasked with trying to block him.

LT CHAZ GREEN, 14.2 OVERALL GRADE

With All-Pro LT Tyron Smith not playing due to injury, the Cowboys turned to Chaz Green. Green had been benched earlier in the season from his left guard spot, and so it was perhaps not a shock that he was completely out of his depth at tackle. He surrendered four sacks, a hit and three hurries before finally being put out of his misery and benched in the second half, but he also had very little help and was badly exposed by the game plan.

Your really enjoying this, aren't you?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,435

Post#162 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:35 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Ayatollah wrote:Comment on FB :lol:

EDGE ADRIAN CLAYBORN, 99.9 OVERALL GRADE

The chief beneficiary of Tyron Smith’s injury was Clayborn, who notched six sacks, but also a hit and six additional hurries, first against Chaz Green and then against Byron Bell once Green had been benched. Clayborn made a sequence of monster plays in the game, and was completely outclassing the players tasked with trying to block him.

LT CHAZ GREEN, 14.2 OVERALL GRADE

With All-Pro LT Tyron Smith not playing due to injury, the Cowboys turned to Chaz Green. Green had been benched earlier in the season from his left guard spot, and so it was perhaps not a shock that he was completely out of his depth at tackle. He surrendered four sacks, a hit and three hurries before finally being put out of his misery and benched in the second half, but he also had very little help and was badly exposed by the game plan.

Your really enjoying this, aren't you?

Can you blame me? :lol:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#163 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:56 am

Bulltalk wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Bulltalk wrote:Will Dallas please beat Philly this weekend. They're getting too big for their cleats.

MadMax is back!#LOB 8-)

Was he really just a system guy, or did he really start falling off? I haven't seen him play all that much since he left.

FWIW...

Read on Twitter
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,274

Post#164 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:56 am

I always knew you hated me.
Yunsen
Senior
And1: 263

Post#165 » by Yunsen » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:21 am

My fantasy matchup is so close right now. I need Parker to not do anything else.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,006

Post#166 » by FNQ » Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:36 pm

In my big money leagues where I lost Zeke for the season, I picked up Kenyon Drake in both of them.

Wont be long until Gase finally concedes that Drake is the best runner he has. Damian Williams is a 3DRB only.. Drake has 3 down potential. Kinda, anyways. He reminds me of Tim Biakabatuka, if people remember him. TimB had this ability to break off big 20+yard plays, but was gonna get you 1-3 yards most carries.
bmurph128
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,625

Post#167 » by bmurph128 » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:40 pm

FNQ wrote:In my big money leagues where I lost Zeke for the season, I picked up Kenyon Drake in both of them.

Wont be long until Gase finally concedes that Drake is the best runner he has. Damian Williams is a 3DRB only.. Drake has 3 down potential. Kinda, anyways. He reminds me of Tim Biakabatuka, if people remember him. TimB had this ability to break off big 20+yard plays, but was gonna get you 1-3 yards most carries.

I'm sure you've been asked this before but with the Vegas stadium breaking ground...are you going to remain a Raiders fan?
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#168 » by FNQ » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:57 pm

bmurph128 wrote:
FNQ wrote:In my big money leagues where I lost Zeke for the season, I picked up Kenyon Drake in both of them.

I'm sure you've been asked this before but with the Vegas stadium breaking ground...are you going to remain a Raiders fan?

Of course.. when I was born they were the LA Raiders, then moved back to Oakland, so I'm not worried about where they play anymore. Only way I'd bail on a team - any team - is if they folded, or if they did something that my conscience just wouldn't allow (for example, if I were a Cowboys fan, that Greg Hardy signing would have ended it for me). That includes signing or even working out Ray Rice, Josh Brown, or anyone else who's committed DV
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#169 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:28 pm

bmurph128 wrote:
FNQ wrote:I'm sure you've been asked this before but with the Vegas stadium breaking ground...are you going to remain a Raiders fan?

Of course.. when I was born they were the LA Raiders, then moved back to Oakland, so I'm not worried about where they play anymore. Only way I'd bail on a team - any team - is if they folded, or if they did something that my conscience just wouldn't allow (for example, if I were a Cowboys fan, that Greg Hardy signing would have ended it for me). That includes signing or even working out Ray Rice, Josh Brown, or anyone else who's committed DV

I guess it depends on the situation, but I could never see myself supporting the Hawks if they were to move at some point (Especially out of state). The Sonics were kind of a unique circumstance. Dirt bag owners hijacking a team. But, I'm more loyal to an area, than to a team itself. :wink:
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#170 » by FNQ » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:42 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bmurph128 wrote:
FNQ wrote:I'm sure you've been asked this before but with the Vegas stadium breaking ground...are you going to remain a Raiders fan?

I guess it depends on the situation, but I could never see myself supporting the Hawks if they were to move at some point (Especially out of state). The Sonics were kind of a unique circumstance. Dirt bag owners hijacking a team. But, I'm more loyal to an area, than to a team itself. :wink:

I've moved too much, especially as a youngin, to be loyal to an area. I grew up in Richardson TX, moved to Seattle for 4 years (which is why I was really active in the Sonics forum when I thought they were coming back) before eventually settling down in Thousand Oaks CA, and now Oakland/SF/Livermore area, with a brief stop in Moreland Hills near Cleveland.

But all those teams I remember, I still slyly root for. Besides my A's/Raiders/Warriors/Sharkies, who all take priority:

Big fan: Sonics, Texans, Browns
Moderate fan: Seahawks, Indians
Was a fan but can't anymore due to division alignment/rivalries: Cavaliers, Rockets, Astros
Team I will irrationally hate forever for ruining my old favorite football team: Tennessee Titans

Oh and for no reason at all, :censored: Jeff Fisher.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#171 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:56 pm

FNQ wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bmurph128 wrote:

I've moved too much, especially as a youngin, to be loyal to an area. I grew up in Richardson TX, moved to Seattle for 4 years (which is why I was really active in the Sonics forum when I thought they were coming back) before eventually settling down in Thousand Oaks CA, and now Oakland/SF/Livermore area, with a brief stop in Moreland Hills near Cleveland.

But all those teams I remember, I still slyly root for. Besides my A's/Raiders/Warriors/Sharkies, who all take priority:

Big fan: Sonics, Texans, Browns
Moderate fan: Seahawks, Indians
Was a fan but can't anymore due to division alignment/rivalries: Cavaliers, Rockets, Astros
Team I will irrationally hate forever for ruining my old favorite football team: Tennessee Titans

Oh and for no reason at all, :censored: Jeff Fisher.

I've only lived in two places. The Seattle Area & Arizona. I was a fan of the Suns as well (but jumped on the Warriors bandwagon when KD signed). Something BW still gives me hell for lol. I was a diehard Sonics fan since about the age of 7. But, my love for the game isnt quite the same. Football & soccer take top priority. :wink:
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,157

Post#172 » by RaoulDuke79 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:00 am

FNQ wrote:Big fan: Sonics, Texans, Browns

:nod:

FNQ wrote:Was a fan but can't anymore due to division alignment/rivalries: Cavaliers, Rockets, Astros

Will let that one slide, but how about them Astros?

:rock:

FNQ wrote:Team I will irrationally hate forever for ruining my old favorite football team: Tennessee Titans

:clap:
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#173 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:03 am

RaoulDuke79 wrote:
FNQ wrote:Was a fan but can't anymore due to division alignment/rivalries: Cavaliers, Rockets, Astros

Baseball? Really? No one under the age of 50 gives a ****. :P
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#174 » by FNQ » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:13 am

RaoulDuke79 wrote:
FNQ wrote:Big fan: Sonics, Texans, Browns

:nod:

FNQ wrote:Team I will irrationally hate forever for ruining my old favorite football team: Tennessee Titans

:clap:

I loved the Astros before they moved to the AL West, TBH. My favorite jersey is the retro Astro's one.. its a Nolan Ryan jersey.

But by fan-law, I have to hate every team in my main's division. Mariners, like the Astros, are a team that I have mixed feelings for.. I'm glad they won though. Just when the A's eventually do come back like they tend to do, I'll hate the Astros. Until then.. :dontknow:

Texans are my baby though. When they first were created, I was decked out with Texans swag. In my sports den I still have an autographed picture of Carr getting picked #1
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#175 » by RaoulDuke79 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:14 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
RaoulDuke79 wrote:

Go Dynamo?
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#176 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:16 am

RaoulDuke79 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
RaoulDuke79 wrote:

Go Dynamo?

:lol: Not really a fan of MLS myself. European football only.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#177 » by RaoulDuke79 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:23 am

FNQ wrote:I loved the Astros before they moved to the AL West, TBH. My favorite jersey is the retro Astro's one.. its a Nolan Ryan jersey.

But by fan-law, I have to hate every team in my main's division. Mariners, like the Astros, are a team that I have mixed feelings for.. I'm glad they won though. Just when the A's eventually do come back like they tend to do, I'll hate the Astros. Until then.. :dontknow:

Texans are my baby though. When they first were created, I was decked out with Texans swag. In my sports den I still have an autographed picture of Carr getting picked #1

Been an Astros fan forever since I've been in the Houston area forever, but I actually really loved watching the A's back in the Bash Brothers/Ricky Henderson/Eckersley days. Still can't believe they didn't win more than just the one WS during that stretch, and I still remember watching live when the earthquake happened.

But yea, those rainbow jerseys were awesome. Got to see quite a few games in the Dome back when Biggio was just coming up. Caminiti was my favorite, watching him play third base was a treat.

As for them moving to the AL, I hated the move at first, and I still miss the NL Central, but I've gotten used to it. Only thing I hate is the late games when they are on divisional road trips during the week.

Texans will be okay now that they have their lord and savior, Mr. Watson...who is out for the season, because of course. It's the Texans.

:(
RaoulDuke79
RealGM

Post#178 » by RaoulDuke79 » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:25 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
RaoulDuke79 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Baseball? Really? No one under the age of 50 gives a ****. :P

Go Dynamo?

Then you won't be too crushed when they destroy the Sounders!

:wink:

I know almost nothing about soccer...but go Dynamo.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#179 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:33 am

RaoulDuke79 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
RaoulDuke79 wrote:
Go Dynamo?

Then you won't be too crushed when they destroy the Sounders!

:wink:

I know almost nothing about soccer...but go Dynamo.

Nope. I follow the Premier League & Champions League only.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#180 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Nov 15, 2017 12:44 am

Ayatollah wrote:A returning Byron Maxwell?

Nice call. :wink:

Read on Twitter

Return to The General NFL Board