Owners Send Cease-And-Desist To Jerry Jones

Moderator: bwgood77

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,463

Owners Send Cease-And-Desist To Jerry Jones 

Post#1 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Nov 13, 2017 11:50 pm

https://football.realgm.com/wiretap/39566/Owners-Send-Cease-And-Desist-To-Jerry-Jones

Jerry Jones has been given a cease-and-desist warning by several of his fellow NFL owners over his efforts to block Roger Goodell's extension as commissioner.

Jones threatened to sue the NFL and owners on the compensation committee.

The NFL could take a range of measures against Jones including fines, lost draft picks and even a suspension.

“The committee is continuing its work towards finalizing a contract extension with the commissioner,” the compensation committee chairman, Falcons owner Arthur Blank, said in a statement on Monday. “The negotiations are progressing and we will keep ownership apprised of the negotiations as they move forward. We do not intend to publicly comment on our discussions.”

Jones has said that he is trying to make Goodell’s contract talks more transparent in light of what he calls recent missteps by the league office, including how it has handled the protests by players.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Re: Owners Send Cease-And-Desist To Jerry Jones 

Post#2 » by FNQ » Tue Nov 14, 2017 12:09 am

I'm rarely in Jerruh's corner, but I am in this one.

Goodell has done an absolutely terrible job and is being rewarded with an extension? Now I understand that the majority of owners green-lit the whole thing, but I think some transparency here would be a good thing. The NFL has absolutely botched the handling of DV, CTE, and drug-related suspensions in the course of the past 10 years. Goodell is the face of all of this. He has overseen Ray Rice, Josh Brown, dozens of CTE-related suicides, guys getting suspended for the year for marijuana.. just travesty after travesty.

Maybe the owners like having a commissioner who's a giant scapegoat. But at a certain point, the fans should be heard, and I can't find many that actually like what Goodell has done. The NFL is now associated with lying and entirely inconsistent punishments. At any other position, Goodell would be unemployed.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,325

Post#3 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:16 pm

FNQ wrote:I'm rarely in Jerruh's corner, but I am in this one.

Goodell has done an absolutely terrible job and is being rewarded with an extension? Now I understand that the majority of owners green-lit the whole thing, but I think some transparency here would be a good thing. The NFL has absolutely botched the handling of DV, CTE, and drug-related suspensions in the course of the past 10 years. Goodell is the face of all of this. He has overseen Ray Rice, Josh Brown, dozens of CTE-related suicides, guys getting suspended for the year for marijuana.. just travesty after travesty.

Maybe the owners like having a commissioner who's a giant scapegoat. But at a certain point, the fans should be heard, and I can't find many that actually like what Goodell has done. The NFL is now associated with lying and entirely inconsistent punishments. At any other position, Goodell would be unemployed.

Even though I totally agree with you 100%, I'm all for getting rid of Jerry yesterday.
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant
And1: 4,047

Post#4 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:08 pm

More reason I am not going to be watching the NFL for quite some time. Do I think Jerry would be doing any of this had this Zeke thing never happened? No of course not. That being said, Goodell is a train wreck, he has been in charge during the most ridiculous run for the NFL in my lifetime at least. I do not care what Jerry voted for awhile back, he is subject to his opinion change on the matter, and every owner should decide to re-up Goodell not just a handful. The NFL is now trying to play bully ball, talking about conduct detrimental to the NFL. That's what Goodell is, yet these morons want to extend him and give him more money and a jet etc etc, yet the owner who did more for the NFL than any in existence is detrimental now?

This is a joke, this whole debacle mixed with others is why I am tuning out the NFL. I just wish a majority of viewers would do the same, we have a unique chance to send a message to the NFL if enough people stop watching.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,463

Post#5 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Nov 16, 2017 4:51 pm

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:More reason I am not going to be watching the NFL for quite some time. Do I think Jerry would be doing any of this had this Zeke thing never happened? No of course not. That being said, Goodell is a train wreck, he has been in charge during the most ridiculous run for the NFL in my lifetime at least. I do not care what Jerry voted for awhile back, he is subject to his opinion change on the matter, and every owner should decide to re-up Goodell not just a handful. The NFL is now trying to play bully ball, talking about conduct detrimental to the NFL. That's what Goodell is, yet these morons want to extend him and give him more money and a jet etc etc, yet the owner who did more for the NFL than any in existence is detrimental now?

This is a joke, this whole debacle mixed with others is why I am tuning out the NFL. I just wish a majority of viewers would do the same, we have a unique chance to send a message to the NFL if enough people stop watching.

If I was a Browns fan, I would tune out too! :winkgrin:

Honestly, I love the sport way too much to quit it! The NFL is a drug, that I can't get enough of! :lol:

If anyone was to boycott a league, it would be the NBA instead due to very little parity involved. Why watch a sport like the NBA, when you already know the outcome? The regular season is pretty meaningless. I know I wouldn't watch at all, If I wasn't a fan of the Warriors. :wink:

Football doesn't have that problem. Upsets happen every week. You don't know who's going to win.

The league has it's issues, but that ain't stopping me from watching on Sunday's.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant

Post#6 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:44 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
OsuCavsfan103 wrote:More reason I am not going to be watching the NFL for quite some time. Do I think Jerry would be doing any of this had this Zeke thing never happened? No of course not. That being said, Goodell is a train wreck, he has been in charge during the most ridiculous run for the NFL in my lifetime at least. I do not care what Jerry voted for awhile back, he is subject to his opinion change on the matter, and every owner should decide to re-up Goodell not just a handful. The NFL is now trying to play bully ball, talking about conduct detrimental to the NFL. That's what Goodell is, yet these morons want to extend him and give him more money and a jet etc etc, yet the owner who did more for the NFL than any in existence is detrimental now?

If I was a Browns fan, I would tune out too! :winkgrin:

Honestly, I love the sport way too much to quit it! The NFL is a drug, that I can't get enough of! :lol:

If anyone was to boycott a league, it would be the NBA instead due to very little parity involved. Why watch a sport like the NBA, when you already know the outcome? The regular season is pretty meaningless. I know I wouldn't watch at all, If I wasn't a fan of the Warriors. :wink:

Football doesn't have that problem. Upsets happen every week. You don't know who's going to win.

The league has it's issues, but that ain't stopping me from watching on Sunday's.

Being a Browns fan is why I stopped watching most Browns games lol, but I usually would watch other games during the week. At the moment I do not really care to, I just don't like the NFL that much anymore.

To be honest I have always been far more fond of CFB.

To me this whole season of drama has been the icing on the cake as far as me start to seriously tune out the NFL, just the entirety of all of it.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#7 » by Otis Driftwood » Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:30 pm

Most of us Cowboys fans learned to tune out Jerry and his babbling ramblings years ago. "Jerry-speak" is tiring beyond measure. I will probably not see the day when Stephen takes over the team but I can always hope.

I fear that gold jacket has gone to his head.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
OsuCavsfan103
Lead Assistant

Post#8 » by OsuCavsfan103 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:33 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:Most of us Cowboys fans learned to tune out Jerry and his babbling ramblings years ago. "Jerry-speak" is tiring beyond measure. I will probably not see the day when Stephen takes over the team but I can always hope.

I hope to see him go at the NFL with all his might, I will be sitting by with popcorn just watching the show. I seriously hope to see the NFL cast into one gigantic legal battle, would entertain me greatly, especially if it costs Dictator Goodell his job.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,975

Post#9 » by Otis Driftwood » Sat Nov 18, 2017 5:56 pm

OsuCavsfan103 wrote:
Otis Driftwood wrote:Most of us Cowboys fans learned to tune out Jerry and his babbling ramblings years ago. "Jerry-speak" is tiring beyond measure. I will probably not see the day when Stephen takes over the team but I can always hope.

I hope to see him go at the NFL with all his might, I will be sitting by with popcorn just watching the show. I seriously hope to see the NFL cast into one gigantic legal battle, would entertain me greatly, especially if it costs Dictator Goodell his job.

That is the only ray of sunshine I take away from all this. I don’t know if it happens but it would make me quite happy if it did.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,325

Post#10 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Nov 19, 2017 4:30 am

Jerry is a master at bringing or creating unwanted distractions. As if we already don't have enough.

Return to The General NFL Board