Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Re: Best/Worst Moves in Free Agency 

Post#21 » by FNQ » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:23 pm

Worm Guts wrote:
FNQ wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
I’m not sure what you mean by that, but Bradford played 1 healthy game last and was amazing. Obviously he can’t stay healthy and doesn’t deserve a20 million dollar contract, but he played well for the Vikings when he actually played.

Right, one good game, one terrible one, after a mediocre season. I saw Keenum look better last year than Bradford ever has.

He was clearly hurt the 2nd game and had no business playing. He would have been given his job back if he had gotten healthy in the next 3-4 games.
The year before Bradford had a 99 rating and set the record for completion percentage, it was clearly better than mediocre.

He was checking down to two receivers for the most part, but that's exactly what he is - a mediocre arm, good accuracy, non needle-mover. With the same pass catchers, Keenum took the offense from 23rd to 10th. Almost a full yard (net) per pass attempt. Bradford is and always has been a game manager that will only be as good as his teammates make him.. Keenum actually moved the needle last year. Beat Bradford's best year in the PFF metric (they surmised because of how much better Keenum was in the RZ than Bradford ever has been).

SRS jumped 9 points even! I know that Keenum is a system QB that needs to gunsling to be effective, but unless I have crazy defense and a stud RB, I'll take Keenum every time and its not at all close. Bradford is basically an Alex Smith w/o the legs and w/o the ability to stay healthy
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,528

Post#22 » by Worm Guts » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:14 pm

FNQ wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
FNQ wrote:

Right, one good game, one terrible one, after a mediocre season. I saw Keenum look better last year than Bradford ever has.

He was clearly hurt the 2nd game and had no business playing. He would have been given his job back if he had gotten healthy in the next 3-4 games.
The year before Bradford had a 99 rating and set the record for completion percentage, it was clearly better than mediocre.

He was checking down to two receivers for the most part, but that's exactly what he is - a mediocre arm, good accuracy, non needle-mover. With the same pass catchers, Keenum took the offense from 23rd to 10th. Almost a full yard (net) per pass attempt. Bradford is and always has been a game manager that will only be as good as his teammates make him.. Keenum actually moved the needle last year. Beat Bradford's best year in the PFF metric (they surmised because of how much better Keenum was in the RZ than Bradford ever has been).

SRS jumped 9 points even! I know that Keenum is a system QB that needs to gunsling to be effective, but unless I have crazy defense and a stud RB, I'll take Keenum every time and its not at all close. Bradford is basically an Alex Smith w/o the legs and w/o the ability to stay healthy

Bradford definitely doesn’t have a mediocre arm. He had by far the best arm talent on the team.
Both Case and Bradford have had essentially one good year in their careers, both with Vikings. You could argue Case had the better year, but Bradford had the far worse offensive line.
The one advantage Case had was his ability to escape pressure.
I just think a little dramatic to pretend Case been a significantly better QB, it’s just not true.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,008

Post#23 » by HMFFL » Sat Mar 17, 2018 2:41 am

zeke45 wrote:Ryan Grant to the Ravens for 4/29

Ryan Grant saw that contract get voided quick after failing his physical.
Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

Post#24 » by Mich3006 » Sat Mar 17, 2018 8:40 am

HMFFL wrote:
zeke45 wrote:Ryan Grant to the Ravens for 4/29

Ryan Grant saw that contract get voided quick after failing his physical.

Doubt he really failed that physical tbh... Crabtree was waived one hour before they backed up :lol:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,282

Post#25 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:37 pm

Best: The Bears signing Allen Robinson and resigning Fuller was great for them. I think Richard Sherman going to the 49ers will be good for so many reasons including the NFL.
Worse: Don't know what the Cardinals are thinking taking a chance on Bradford, wow.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,164

Post#26 » by RaoulDuke79 » Sun Mar 18, 2018 6:59 pm

I'm fairly pleased with the signings the Texans have made so far. Obviously the Mathieu deal is the one that stands out the most, but I really like the Colvin/Kelemete/Fulton signings as well. Helps to improve the two main areas of need they had: OL and secondary.

Now we don't ever have to watch Xavier play another snap, hurray!
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
KidPistol
Sixth Man
And1: 1,510

Post#27 » by KidPistol » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:25 am

Best: Nate Solder to Giants
Worst: Bradford to Cardinals
The scariest question in NBA history.

"Can Stephen Curry get better?"
KidPistol
Sixth Man
And1: 1,510

Post#28 » by KidPistol » Sat Mar 31, 2018 11:26 am

I also think the Paul Richardson pickup for the Redskins is underrated. That guy has burners.
The scariest question in NBA history.

"Can Stephen Curry get better?"
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#29 » by FNQ » Mon Apr 2, 2018 2:03 am

I think there's a very good chance that in 1 calendar year, the worst move in FA might have been Gruden to the Raiders.

Not feeling the era so far. Hopefully I'll feel better after the draft
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,438

Post#30 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Apr 2, 2018 5:24 am

FNQ wrote:I think there's a very good chance that in 1 calendar year, the worst move in FA might have been Gruden to the Raiders.

Not feeling the mentality of trying to bring the game back to 1998? :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Ballerhogger
RealGM
And1: 16,798

Post#31 » by Ballerhogger » Tue Apr 3, 2018 5:51 am

The rams getting suh and corner backs like talib is the best i think
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#32 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue Apr 3, 2018 1:39 pm

FNQ wrote:I think there's a very good chance that in 1 calendar year, the worst move in FA might have been Gruden to the Raiders.

I didn't like letting King go. Reliable punters are awfully hard to find. Some are odd ducks... like King.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
SSUBluesman
Assistant Coach
And1: 781

Post#33 » by SSUBluesman » Wed Apr 4, 2018 4:36 am

The ability of poor coaching/management to set a franchise back is severely underrated. Gruden doesn't strike me as the type to humble himself enough to shift adapt, let alone whether he's smart enough to actually do it.

Furthermore, what is the track record of coaches who have returned to the game after 8+ years away? Off the top of my head I don't think it's very good...
Naz Reid.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#34 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Apr 4, 2018 4:02 pm

I'm pretty certain this move doesn't qualify for either end of the OP spectrum... but looks like RGIII will sign with the Ravens.
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."

Return to The General NFL Board