Andrew Luck's trade value

Moderator: bwgood77

The Box Office
Starter
And1: 1,373

Andrew Luck's trade value 

Post#1 » by The Box Office » Thu Mar 15, 2018 2:25 am

I posted this in Colts' forum, but that place is dead. I'm curious about this.

Andrew Luck's future with Colts looks grim. He still has not thrown a football in over a year, missed 1.5 seasons of football, and will not throw until training camp starts. Irsay dissed him, too. If Luck gets seriously hurt again, Luck will have zero value. Colts get nothing in return. No team will offer Colts a first rounder for him by that time. GM Chris Ballard wants to rebuild through the draft and the Colts will have to do a full rebuild.

Buffalo is starving for a QB. This is it. Colts get to keep their 3rd pick and current crop of picks along with gaining 2 First Rounders for this year. If Bills offered two 2018 First Rounders right now for an injured Luck, would you do it?
JermaineOYea
Senior
And1: 1,177

Re: Andrew Luck's trade value 

Post#2 » by JermaineOYea » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:38 am

It's too early. As crazy as that sounds. But I sill think it's too early to give up on Andrew Luck. Let's see what Chris Ballard can do, but I wouldn't take the two picks. Not yet.
BAT 19.0
Milwaukee Bucks

C - W. Cauley-Stein/A. Len
F - P. Siakim/D. Bertans
F - TJ Warren/E. Turner
G - B. Ingram/L. Stephenson
G - K. Walker/DJ Augustin/Y. Ferrell
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#3 » by FNQ » Thu Mar 15, 2018 4:13 pm

He frankly has none. And its weird to say, but the bottom line is that Luck's health is such a serious question mark, that giving anything outside of a day 3 pick would be seen as a complete desperation move and the GM's career would hinge on Luck regaining his health, quickly.

Luck is only 28, and Jacoby Brissett is a more than adequate stopgap. There's no reason for the Colts to move on - in fact, they should embrace this. They are getting primo picks right now while Luck is hurt. Get him all the weapons you can, make the defense as good as you can, and then when he gets right, Colts fly up the standings.

With salaries the way they are, I dont think there's any way Luck could net a 1st, much less 2.
mplsfonz23
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,310

Post#4 » by mplsfonz23 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:12 pm

No way do the colts get a 1st rounder for him, let alone 2.
His health has him at zero value right now. (Or maybe a 5th rounder)
bmurph128
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,625

Post#5 » by bmurph128 » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:51 pm

FNQ wrote:He frankly has none. And its weird to say, but the bottom line is that Luck's health is such a serious question mark, that giving anything outside of a day 3 pick would be seen as a complete desperation move and the GM's career would hinge on Luck regaining his health, quickly.

Luck is only 28, and Jacoby Brissett is a more than adequate stopgap. There's no reason for the Colts to move on - in fact, they should embrace this. They are getting primo picks right now while Luck is hurt. Get him all the weapons you can, make the defense as good as you can, and then when he gets right, Colts fly up the standings.

With salaries the way they are, I dont think there's any way Luck could net a 1st, much less 2.

Sam Bradford got the Rams a 2nd round pick and Nick Foles. Then he got the Eagles a 1st round pick. After two ACL injuries..

I think Luck would easily get a 1st round pick from a team.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#6 » by FNQ » Thu Mar 15, 2018 8:56 pm

bmurph128 wrote:
FNQ wrote:He frankly has none. And its weird to say, but the bottom line is that Luck's health is such a serious question mark, that giving anything outside of a day 3 pick would be seen as a complete desperation move and the GM's career would hinge on Luck regaining his health, quickly.

Sam Bradford got the Rams a 2nd round pick and Nick Foles. Then he got the Eagles a 1st round pick. After two ACL injuries..

Luck has potential nerve damage in the shoulder as well as potentially faulty labrum. Lynchpins to being able to throw with accuracy and zip.. the ACL can be at 80% and the QB can still be very effective. Not so with what Luck's dealing with. Its more akin to Manning's crazily fast decline in throwing the ball.
The Box Office
Starter

Post#7 » by The Box Office » Fri Mar 16, 2018 12:07 am

FNQ wrote:
bmurph128 wrote:

Luck has potential nerve damage in the shoulder as well as potentially faulty labrum. Lynchpins to being able to throw with accuracy and zip.. the ACL can be at 80% and the QB can still be very effective. Not so with what Luck's dealing with. Its more akin to Manning's crazily fast decline in throwing the ball.

Colts should trade Luck and get whatever they can to jump start the rebuild. At this point, they're just in denial and delaying the process.

This is a bad fit for Colts GM Ballard's vision since he wants to rebuild through the draft and doesn't want to pay huge cash to free agents. That's interesting because everyone has to overpay for a free agent. These players are experienced. There is a premium for experience. Luck cannot be around inexperienced players since he will be 29 when the season starts. He has to be around vets. I think Owner Jim Irsay doesn't care about Luck anyway at this point in their relationship.

Keeping him because of his name and hoping for miracle comebacks to the Super Bowl is crazy. It's possible, but this is not a Disney movie. Netting a first rounder is more (maybe additional picks) realistic and great news. The current roster sucks and Colts do not have the O-line to protect Luck. They don't have the RBs, WRs (TY Hilton is not a number 1 WR), and Tight Ends.

I think Andrew Luck did get these injuries (nerve damage/faulty labrum) for him to stay out of football for over a year and go to Europe to seek treatment. This is bad news that the Colts and Andrew Luck do not want leaking out. I know that Luck did not tear his ACL. If he did, that's still great news for the Colts and Andrew Luck.

However, he did not. This shoulder injury is similar to Derrick Rose tearing his ACL. Luck will recover and start an NFL game again, but Luck's throwing shoulder will not be 100 percent like it was before. He'll never heal because he constantly has to train that arm and throw with velocity. It's just gonna get worse. Luck can travel through the deep forest of the Amazon to seek treatment, but nothing will change.

They can keep Luck and hope for the best. I wouldn't do it because there is a good chance he'll get knocked out of the game again. I trade him the first chance I get if Luck can prove that he can pass a physical. Frank Reich can start over with the new QB they take with the 3rd pick (Mayfield, Allen, Lamar Jackson, Rosen) and build a team quickly from additional picks with the Luck trade.

Luck is back in Indy this week. Chris Ballard still hasn't improved the O-line and he had a year to do it. Andrew Norwell was the big fish for O-line help. Colt's relationship with Luck and the current situation are major red flags to end it.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,536

Post#8 » by Dr Positivity » Fri Mar 16, 2018 10:03 pm

I wouldn't be happy if the Bills made that trade. Not only is Luck a huge risk but it's not like he's Manning when he's healthy either. Unless you mean Eli
The Box Office
Starter

Post#9 » by The Box Office » Sat Mar 24, 2018 12:25 am

Dr Positivity wrote:I wouldn't be happy if the Bills made that trade. Not only is Luck a huge risk but it's not like he's Manning when he's healthy either. Unless you mean Eli

At this point in Andrew Luck's career, his situation is similar to Derrick Rose. The Colts are now using an injured Andrew Luck, who hasn't seen the field in nearly 2 years, to sell tickets. Someone also put out this gem: https://www.stampedeblue.com/2018/3/17/17132052/the-colts-need-andrew-luck-now-more-than-ever

WOW. Talk about stupid and crazy. The Chicago Bulls did the same stuff with Derrick Rose using his comeback to sell tickets, but nothing like what the Colts just did by relying on the player to bring the team to the championship. Holy crap. This is bad news. Sucks for Andrew Luck.
JazzUte88
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,036

Post#10 » by JazzUte88 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 5:37 am

I'm interested to see what Brissett can do with another season under his belt and a full training camp/preseason. I think he can be a decent stopgap QB.

Return to The General NFL Board