OBJ available?!?! Would you offer #4?

Moderator: bwgood77

Mich3006
Head Coach
And1: 3,682

OBJ available?!?! Would you offer #4? 

Post#1 » by Mich3006 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:40 pm

http://nfltraderumors.co/giants-open-discussing-potential-odell-beckham-trade/

Short summary: Co-owner John Mara made it clear that nobody is untouchable after a 3-13 season. With Beckham demanding a big contract extension a departure is still not likely but possible.

In that regard, would you accept a Browns-offer with the #4 pick and a 3rd or 4th rd pick for OBJ? Browns have the space to offer big contracts.

Beckham, Gordon, Landry would be one of the most talented receiving corps in history.

I‘m a big OBJ fan but nobody‘s bigger than the team and the Giants could do great with #2 and #4... they could fetch a big amount of top-picks for one of them as well.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,451

Re: OBJ available?!?! Would you offer #4? 

Post#2 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:52 pm

Ayatollah wrote:http://nfltraderumors.co/giants-open-discussing-potential-odell-beckham-trade/

Short summary: Co-owner John Mara made it clear that nobody is untouchable after a 3-13 season. With Beckham demanding a big contract extension a departure is still not likely but possible.

In that regard, would you accept a Browns-offer with the #4 pick and a 3rd or 4th rd pick for OBJ? Browns have the space to offer big contracts.

Beckham, Gordon, Landry would be one of the most talented receiving corps in history.

I‘m a big OBJ fan but nobody‘s bigger than the team and the Giants could do great with #2 and #4... they could fetch a big amount of top-picks for one of them as well.

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there's No way Cleveland offers 4. The best the Giants could do is a late first or Early 2nd for Odell.

I saw the Rams rumored (Pick #23 & a 3rd) is likely best case scenario for NY.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
The Box Office
Starter
And1: 1,373

Post#3 » by The Box Office » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:16 pm

No. There will be other receivers just as good as Beckham for much cheaper. I wouldn't sweat it.
bmurph128
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,625

Re: RE: Re: OBJ available?!?! Would you offer #4? 

Post#4 » by bmurph128 » Tue Mar 27, 2018 1:25 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Ayatollah wrote:http://nfltraderumors.co/giants-open-discussing-potential-odell-beckham-trade/

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there's No way Cleveland offers 4. The best the Giants could do is a late first or Early 2nd for Odell.

Yea but we are out of cap. We could afford OBJ and Donald together on their rookie deals, but with both demanding to be paid, I bet we broached this subject as a "if Suh doesnt sign" plan.

And honestly, of all the questionable characters weve acquired, Im not comfortable with OBJ even if we did have the space.

Sent from my [device_name] using [url]RealGM mobile app[/url]
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#5 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:30 pm

Read on Twitter
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Post#6 » by therealbig3 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:12 am

The Box Office wrote:No. There will be other receivers just as good as Beckham for much cheaper. I wouldn't sweat it.

Just as good? Love him or hate him, he's one of the best receivers in history. Players like him don't come around that often.
The Box Office
Starter

Post#7 » by The Box Office » Wed Mar 28, 2018 12:46 am

therealbig3 wrote:
The Box Office wrote:No. There will be other receivers just as good as Beckham for much cheaper. I wouldn't sweat it.

Just as good? Love him or hate him, he's one of the best receivers in history. Players like him don't come around that often.

Beckham is great, no disrespect. But I've seen many talented receivers who do not have a good QB to work with.
RavenMad31
Senior
And1: 252

Post#8 » by RavenMad31 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 3:04 am

Since your question seems to be asked from the perspective of the Giants and whether or not you'd accept an offer like that, my answer is OH HELL YES. I couldn't find a pen fast enough. This clown is going to ask for something in the mid to high teens and will continue in the tradition of other high-talent, high-distraction WRs that never win anything. I'd take Manning's replacement and I guess Chubb with my 1st rounders and laugh at OBJ's next dumb episode.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 20,007

Post#9 » by FNQ » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:13 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Sorry to burst your bubble, but there's No way Cleveland offers 4. The best the Giants could do is a late first or Early 2nd for Odell.

I think this is the case as well. And I'm not sure the Rams should be the team that's offering this kind of haul.

But you know who should? A team that might need a new #1 WR, and might already be used to a problem child #1 WR..

FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#10 » by FNQ » Wed Mar 28, 2018 6:15 pm

Other teams that should be kicking the tires:

Jacksonville
Buffalo
Green Bay
Oakland
San Francisco
Chicago

Though the bottom 4 teams shouldnt give much more than their 2018 1st.. both Oakland and Chicago probably dont make the move because they have enough cap/talent invested in the position. 9ers might, because I'm not sure Garcon/Goodwin is good enough of a combo to help Jimmy G. GB would be a great spot, as Adams is the only pass-catcher they can for sure count on right now. Buffalo needs to give their rookie QB who they draft some serious help. And Jacksonville could use a gamebreaking WR, and the coach who first used him might be able to get through to him, attitude wise.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#11 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:28 pm

FNQ wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Sorry to burst your bubble, but there's No way Cleveland offers 4. The best the Giants could do is a late first or Early 2nd for Odell.

I think this is the case as well. And I'm not sure the Rams should be the team that's offering this kind of haul.

But you know who should? A team that might need a new #1 WR, and might already be used to a problem child #1 WR..

Look here... that ain’t happening. Neither is this.

Read on Twitter
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#12 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:40 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
FNQ wrote:

Read on Twitter

That's a crazy asking price. People think a 1st for Earl is too much. 2 1st's? C'mon now! :wink:

If I'm in charge of a team, I honestly ain't touching that guy. He's too much of a headache.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,585

Post#13 » by Mamba Mentality » Wed Mar 28, 2018 7:43 pm

I don't buy the OBJ trade rumors at all. What was the point of bringing back Eli if the Giants plans were to rebuild all along? You cant tell me those pictures are a valid enough reason to get rid of a top 3 wideout who hasn't even entered the prime of his career.

Plus ain't no one surrendering two first round picks...OBJ will remain a Giant.
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#14 » by FNQ » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:26 pm

The Regime wrote:I don't buy the OBJ trade rumors at all. What was the point of bringing back Eli if the Giants plans were to rebuild all along? You cant tell me those pictures are a valid enough reason to get rid of a top 3 wideout who hasn't even entered the prime of his career.

The fact that they put a price on him, one year before FA, with the relationship careening downwards at this pace.. tells me that he wont be a Giant.

I dont think its much different than Jimmy G and the Pats, and it woulda taken 2 1sts for Jimmy G before. But then reality sets in, and its better than having a division in the locker room. I think teams could get OBJ for a 2018 1st (even as low as the Rams or Jax 1st)
FNQ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by FNQ » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:28 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:
FNQ wrote:

Read on Twitter

Do you believe that the Cowboys are going to release Dez tho? Because if they do.. Dak's going to be under tremendous pressure to make something happen with guys like Terrence Williams and (maybe?) Brice Butler as his top 2. Might be worth it to switch the two up and lower the price. IE - Dez + 2018 2nd for OBJ?
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,585

Post#16 » by Mamba Mentality » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:44 pm

FNQ wrote:
The Regime wrote:I don't buy the OBJ trade rumors at all. What was the point of bringing back Eli if the Giants plans were to rebuild all along? You cant tell me those pictures are a valid enough reason to get rid of a top 3 wideout who hasn't even entered the prime of his career.

The fact that they put a price on him, one year before FA, with the relationship careening downwards at this pace.. tells me that he wont be a Giant.

I dont think its much different than Jimmy G and the Pats, and it woulda taken 2 1sts for Jimmy G before. But then reality sets in, and its better than having a division in the locker room. I think teams could get OBJ for a 2018 1st (even as low as the Rams or Jax 1st)

But isn't that what the Giants are doing by putting him up for trade? I've heard nothing but good things about him when it comes to preparation and training. Despite his personality, and off the field shenanigans, I'd say he has a strong locker room presence and he's respected by the vast majority.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#17 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:46 pm

FNQ wrote:Do you believe that the Cowboys are going to release Dez tho? Because if they do.. Dak's going to be under tremendous pressure to make something happen with guys like Terrence Williams and (maybe?) Brice Butler as his top 2. Might be worth it to switch the two up and lower the price. IE - Dez + 2018 2nd for OBJ?

Butler is gone. Don’t know where but they signed his replacement (Deonte Williams). I tend to think TWill moves to the slot but Hurns is pretty good there also... which begs the question about how they view Beasley.

I believe this - if the Cowboys draft a WR, Dez is gone unless he redoes his deal. And if he is released, he will be released into a market where most WR-needy teams have already filled those positions. Don’t know what he thinks he’s worth but it’ll be way more than the market will meet.

I think he will redo his deal. Never dismiss his relationship with Jerry. Jerry has had his back more than once (including the infamous Walmart video that Ian Rapoport is still looking for). There’s a ton of respect between those two. And - that relationship is why Dez + 2018 2nd for OBJ would never happen.
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant

Post#18 » by Otis Driftwood » Wed Mar 28, 2018 10:48 pm

And after listening to Jerry stutter and stammer his way through a simple question about meeting with Dez that in the past he would have easily dismissed...

I’ll be utterly shocked if Dez is on this team in July.
RaoulDuke79
RealGM
And1: 4,165

Post#19 » by RaoulDuke79 » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:38 pm

Otis Driftwood wrote:And after listening to Jerry stutter and stammer his way through a simple question about meeting with Dez that in the past he would have easily dismissed...

I’ll be utterly shocked if Dez is on this team in July.

Psst...Verlander vs Hamels tomorrow.

Hell yes.

:nod:
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
The Box Office
Starter

Post#20 » by The Box Office » Thu Mar 29, 2018 1:02 am

I'd trade Beckham with a quickness if I got 2 first round picks in return.

Return to The General NFL Board