bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,474

Re: 1st Post-Draft Power Rankings 

Post#41 » by bwgood77 » Mon May 7, 2018 10:22 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Spoiler:
Ayatollah wrote:http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2773222-nfl-power-rankings-where-does-every-team-stand-after-the-2018-nfl-draft

01. Eagles
02. Rams
03. Patriots
04. Jaguars
05. Vikings
06. Saints
07. Steelers
08. Panthers
09. Chiefs
10. Titans
11. Packers
12. Chargers
13. Falcons
14. Giants
15. Lions
16. Ravens
17. Bills
18. Redskins
19. Seahawks
20. Bengals
21. Cowboys
22. Texans
23. 49ers
24. Raiders
25. Bears
26. Broncos
27. Buccaneers
28. Jets
29. Dolphins
30. Colts
31. Cardinals
32. Browns

Not my rankings, I see the Dolphins and Seahawks in the 30´s tbh... Giants won´t be in the Top15 as well.

Top10 seems plausible IMO.

It's funny how much things change in the NFL this year. In hindsight, those power rankings would have been fairly accurate around the top for last year if someone had a crystal ball in the preseason.

But preseason rankings last year on ESPN - Eagles were 15, Vikings were 17, Rams were 27, Jags were 28 and Saints were 23.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/page/NFLpowerrankingsx170815/2017-preseason-nfl-power-rankings-new-england-patriots-atlanta-falcons-seattle-seahawks-front

Watching the final four in the NBA be GS/HOU/CLE/BOS and looking at those preseason rankings last year of 5 teams that became contenders to win it all last season just shows how much more exciting the actual NFL season is.

The NBA season really hasn't even been all that exciting yet. It should get more exciting in the conference championships, but they were still pretty expected (of course Boston wasn't post injury and Philly wasn't expected to be a EC contender by season end, but it turns out the preseason predictions probably turned out right anyway due to Stevens' masterful coaching and Simmons' masterful choking).
Otis Driftwood
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,974

Post#42 » by Otis Driftwood » Tue May 8, 2018 4:06 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Watching the final four in the NBA be GS/HOU/CLE/BOS and looking at those preseason rankings last year of 5 teams that became contenders to win it all last season just shows how much more exciting the actual NFL season is.

The NBA season really hasn't even been all that exciting yet. It should get more exciting in the conference championships, but they were still pretty expected (of course Boston wasn't post injury and Philly wasn't expected to be a EC contender by season end, but it turns out the preseason predictions probably turned out right anyway due to Stevens' masterful coaching and Simmons' masterful choking).

The NBA playoffs aren't fun until now. Takes something unexpected to change that.

You know. Like 2011.

:D
"I've had a perfectly wonderful evening, but this wasn't it."
CBS7
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 3,447

Post#43 » by CBS7 » Thu May 10, 2018 3:15 pm

Bears will threaten .500 with an outside chance to make the playoffs.

- 5 losses decided by 7 points or less last season
- 2nd year QB with vastly improved receiving core - last year we had one of the worst WR core already, and lost our top 2-3 guys to injury on top of that.
- Coach that hopefully will open up the playbook and won't go with the 100% predictable run-run-pass the majority of the time.
- Decent young improving defense

If Mitch takes a real big step they can win 10 games next year.
Bulltalk
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 9,277

Post#44 » by Bulltalk » Thu May 10, 2018 9:01 pm

CBS7 wrote:Bears will threaten .500 with an outside chance to make the playoffs.

- 5 losses decided by 7 points or less last season
- 2nd year QB with vastly improved receiving core - last year we had one of the worst WR core already, and lost our top 2-3 guys to injury on top of that.
- Coach that hopefully will open up the playbook and won't go with the 100% predictable run-run-pass the majority of the time.
- Decent young improving defense

If Mitch takes a real big step they can win 10 games next year.

Mmm...I think this is a stretch. The competition in their division alone will make 10 wins an uphill climb IMO. We'll see.
"I'm a truth teller. All I do is tell the truth."

(Donald Trump - 8/11/16)
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,291

Post#45 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu May 10, 2018 9:16 pm

I'm curious about the over and unders for the upcoming season. Need some give me unders. Thinking about taking Seattle.

Return to The General NFL Board