Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,308

Re: Colin Cowherd says Vikings will fall off 

Post#21 » by Mags FTW » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:53 am

Worm Guts wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:
carson33 wrote:I like him but I find what he said about the Vikings foolish

Kirk Cousins is a clear upgrade, they're getting Dalvin Cook back, and their defense which was already the best in the league got better by signing Sheldon Richardson. The Vikings have the best roster in football.

From a torn ACL. The track record of RBs returning from that injury isn’t good.

Not saying they won’t be good, but I see a lot of Viking fans excited about getting Cook back. They’ve been spoiled by AP’s miraculous ACL recovery.

The Vikings have a pretty track record with it. Robert Smith tore an ACL and came back to lead the NFL in rushing, and Terry Allen came back pretty although that's starting to be long time ago now. I suppose it usually takes a couple season though, unlike AP.

2.7 yards per carry so far.

This is why I thought people needed to pump the brakes on Cook coming back.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,946

Post#22 » by Sedale Threatt » Fri Sep 28, 2018 3:56 am

Mags FTW wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:From a torn ACL. The track record of RBs returning from that injury isn’t good.

Not saying they won’t be good, but I see a lot of Viking fans excited about getting Cook back. They’ve been spoiled by AP’s miraculous ACL recovery.

The Vikings have a pretty track record with it. Robert Smith tore an ACL and came back to lead the NFL in rushing, and Terry Allen came back pretty although that's starting to be long time ago now. I suppose it usually takes a couple season though, unlike AP.

I don't think it's him as much it's our offensive line. Obviously the fact that he has a hamstring injury isn't great, but we just cannot block for sh*t. You could tell one quarter into the game tonight we weren't going to be able to run at all against their front, and it's been that way pretty much through all four games this year.
Mags FTW
RealGM
And1: 7,308

Post#23 » by Mags FTW » Fri Sep 28, 2018 4:07 am

Sedale Threatt wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:
Worm Guts wrote:

I don't think it's him as much it's our offensive line. Obviously the fact that he has a hamstring injury isn't great, but we just cannot block for sh*t. You could tell one quarter into the game tonight we weren't going to be able to run at all against their front, and it's been that way pretty much through all four games this year.

The line was bad last year too.

He lost that burst he had once he got to the 2nd level. His longest run so far is 15 yards. It might come back eventually, but it’s not there now.
Sedale Threatt
RealGM
And1: 40,946

Post#24 » by Sedale Threatt » Fri Sep 28, 2018 6:48 am

Mags FTW wrote:
Sedale Threatt wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:

He lost that burst he had once he got to the 2nd level. His longest run so far is 15 yards. It might come back eventually, but it’s not there now.

Not at all. We weren't great, but we were definitely above average. Beyond Keenum, the most pleasant surprise of the season. Then one starter retired, another was lost for the year to injury, and a third only just returned from injury. I'm not saying Cook is 100 percent, but he's not getting any help whatsoever.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,472

Post#25 » by Mamba Mentality » Fri Sep 28, 2018 7:38 pm

Mags FTW wrote:
Sedale Threatt wrote:
Mags FTW wrote:

That's not true, he looked pretty explosive catching the ball out of the backfield in week 1...This has everything to do with the offensive line. PPF ranked the Vikings offensive line 27th in the league (ahead of only the Bengals, Chargers, Texans, Seahawks, and Cardinals). They're a mess right now, but I expect things to clean up as the season progresses.

Return to The General NFL Board