Kevin Durant wants to join a new super team

Moderator: bwgood77

bmurph128
Lead Assistant
And1: 3,610

Kevin Durant wants to join a new super team 

Post#1 » by bmurph128 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:20 pm

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2796090-kevin-durant-jokes-he-wants-to-play-for-rams-gives-huge-props-to-aaron-donald

Figured it would be better to post here then in the NBA board. I think it's funny.

Weirdest thing for me...

Cavs fan because I live in Ohio, my dad picked the Rams when he was a kid and passed it down. Much bigger NFL fan than anything else.

I don't have any hard feelings toward LeBron....but I'm also not excited that he is playing for the Lakers.

And as the Rams have risen up these past two years, and with how much I follow them, going to be hearing more and more about the Warriors and Lakers, which are two of my least favorite sports franchises. Kind of feels weird.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,218

Re: Kevin Durant wants to join a new super team 

Post#2 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Sep 17, 2018 2:59 pm

Is there a way I can delete my account for good? If we are going to bring the crappy ass NBA to the NFL forum, I'm out of here after 4 years. I didn't join Realgm to talk about the NBA.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Post#3 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Sep 17, 2018 4:23 pm

bmurph128 wrote:https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2796090-kevin-durant-jokes-he-wants-to-play-for-rams-gives-huge-props-to-aaron-donald

Figured it would be better to post here then in the NBA board. I think it's funny.

Weirdest thing for me...

Cavs fan because I live in Ohio, my dad picked the Rams when he was a kid and passed it down. Much bigger NFL fan than anything else.

I don't have any hard feelings toward LeBron....but I'm also not excited that he is playing for the Lakers.

And as the Rams have risen up these past two years, and with how much I follow them, going to be hearing more and more about the Warriors and Lakers, which are two of my least favorite sports franchises. Kind of feels weird.

You couldnt go with the Browns or Bengals? :roll:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bmurph128
Lead Assistant

Post#4 » by bmurph128 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:46 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bmurph128 wrote:https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2796090-kevin-durant-jokes-he-wants-to-play-for-rams-gives-huge-props-to-aaron-donald

Weirdest thing for me...

Haha. I did like the Bengals for a second, and then really liked Favre with the Packers - but once I began to actually understand football a little bit more, wanted to be like my dad. Suffered through some of the worst football in NFL history so...I'm going to enjoy this :D
bmurph128
Lead Assistant

Post#5 » by bmurph128 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 5:48 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Is there a way I can delete my account for good? If we are going to bring the crappy ass NBA to the NFL forum, I'm out of here after 4 years. I didn't join Realgm to talk about the NBA.

I mean it was about an NFL team so I thought it was fine to post here - but the title of my post has Kevin Durant's name - who I assume you know is a basketball player. If you don't want to talk about it, just don't go into the thread.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#6 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Sep 17, 2018 6:12 pm

bmurph128 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Is there a way I can delete my account for good? If we are going to bring the crappy ass NBA to the NFL forum, I'm out of here after 4 years. I didn't join Realgm to talk about the NBA.

I mean it was about an NFL team so I thought it was fine to post here - but the title of my post has Kevin Durant's name - who I assume you know is a basketball player. If you don't want to talk about it, just don't go into the thread.

He's just mad that the Celtics didnt get KD. :wink:
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,067

Post#7 » by bwgood77 » Mon Sep 17, 2018 9:20 pm

bmurph128 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Weirdest thing for me...

Haha. I did like the Bengals for a second, and then really liked Favre with the Packers - but once I began to actually understand football a little bit more, wanted to be like my dad. Suffered through some of the worst football in NFL history so...I'm going to enjoy this :D

Did you like them during the Greatest Show on Turf?
NZB2323
RealGM
And1: 7,469

Post#8 » by NZB2323 » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:08 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

Weirdest thing for me...

Blood is thicker than water; there's nothing wrong with rooting for your dad's team. I mean, if you moved you'd want your kids to be Seattle fans, right?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#9 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Sep 18, 2018 5:38 pm

NZB2323 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Weirdest thing for me...

Blood is thicker than water; there's nothing wrong with rooting for your dad's team. I mean, if you moved you'd want your kids to be Seattle fans, right?

Depends on the team. :wink:
bmurph128
Lead Assistant

Post#10 » by bmurph128 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:48 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
bmurph128 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:You couldnt go with the Browns or Bengals? :roll:

Yes it was actually 1998 that I switched over from the Packers as my favorite team to the Rams, officially. In 1995 we were on our way back from a cross country vacation and went to Rams training camp in St. Louis. Got a bunch of autographs - that sort of started me down the path. Went to a few Rams games in there when they played @Cincy and @Indy

I have a vivid memory of the Vikings-Rams game in 1998 - Eddie Kennison returned a punt, Ike Bruce caught an 80 yard TD and Tony Banks got tackled around the 2 yard line as the Rams tried to tie the game, but ultimately lost 38-31 - my dad and I were at a sports bar that we used to frequent before we got the Sunday Ticket.

Then in the offseason we traded for Faulk, signed Trent Green and Adam Timmerman, and drafted Holt - the defense had actually been decent for a bad team, with high draft picks Kevin Carter and Grant Wistrom. Todd Lyght was a good CB and Keith Lyle a decent safety. So I was already pretty stoked, and then in preseason you could tell this offense was going to be really good. And then Rodney Harrison happened and the rest is history.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,067

Post#11 » by bwgood77 » Thu Sep 20, 2018 2:47 pm

bmurph128 wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:
bmurph128 wrote:

Yes it was actually 1998 that I switched over from the Packers as my favorite team to the Rams, officially. In 1995 we were on our way back from a cross country vacation and went to Rams training camp in St. Louis. Got a bunch of autographs - that sort of started me down the path. Went to a few Rams games in there when they played @Cincy and @Indy

I have a vivid memory of the Vikings-Rams game in 1998 - Eddie Kennison returned a punt, Ike Bruce caught an 80 yard TD and Tony Banks got tackled around the 2 yard line as the Rams tried to tie the game, but ultimately lost 38-31 - my dad and I were at a sports bar that we used to frequent before we got the Sunday Ticket.

Then in the offseason we traded for Faulk, signed Trent Green and Adam Timmerman, and drafted Holt - the defense had actually been decent for a bad team, with high draft picks Kevin Carter and Grant Wistrom. Todd Lyght was a good CB and Keith Lyle a decent safety. So I was already pretty stoked, and then in preseason you could tell this offense was going to be really good. And then Rodney Harrison happened and the rest is history.

Yeah, I remember that season. I had drafted Randall Cunningham as my starter but then decided to take Trent Green as my backup in fantasy, and picked up Jeff George since he was Cunningham's backup. Then when Green went down in preseason I just decided to pick up Kurt Warner. I had some real hard times that season on deciding who to start....until I finally just had to stick Warner in and leave him.

Return to The General NFL Board