Post#42 » by AirInTheLoop » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:56 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:Skol, Skol, Skol I knew The Vikings were overrated

Talk about getting exposed.
AirInTheLoop
Pro Prospect
And1: 261

Re: Week 8 Matchups and Games Discussion 

Post#43 » by AirInTheLoop » Mon Oct 29, 2018 4:00 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:Can anyone explain to me how Blake Bortles is considered a upper tier QB? I don't see it to me he's a okay QB but not top 5 or even 10

Wow, top 5 or 10? People are seriously saying this?
The guy is super inconsistent and it seems he has hit his ceiling.... a ceiling that is "we need to replace".
I wouldnt say he sucks but he's kind of the bare minimum you'd want from a starting QB.... i don't even know if id consider him average.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,179

Re: 2018-19 Season - Trades & FA Ideas Thread 

Post#44 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Oct 29, 2018 12:12 pm

AirInTheLoop wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:Can anyone explain to me how Blake Bortles is considered a upper tier QB? I don't see it to me he's a okay QB but not top 5 or even 10

Wow, top 5 or 10? People are seriously saying this?
The guy is super inconsistent and it seems he has hit his ceiling.... a ceiling that is "we need to replace".
I wouldnt say he sucks but he's kind of the bare minimum you'd want from a starting QB.... i don't even know if id consider him average.
I have seen some articles mainly from NFL based sites claiming Blake to underrated. I think he's widely inconsistent and he is erratic at times. He's not worth the $16 and $18 million in each of the next two years. You would have Blake making the same money as Russel Wilson or Flacco or even Drew Brees I mean that is crazy to think of.

The Jags should be looking at their new QB in next year's draft
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,536

Post#45 » by Mamba Mentality » Mon Oct 29, 2018 2:59 pm

Idk about overrated...that fumble right before halftime changed the entire script for the game. You probably would have been singing a different tune this morning had that not happened.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,179

Post#46 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:09 pm

The Regime wrote:

Idk about overrated...that fumble right before halftime changed the entire script for the game. You probably would have been singing a different tune this morning had that not happened.
The Vikings were picked to be the best NFC team. They have looked far from that. I still think The Rams are the best team league wide then I have The Saints and Panthers as better teams. The Vikings are in a group with Philly and The Bears in teams of rankings. I maybe put Philly higher as they had three loses by a td or less.

Point is if I am picking superbowl contenders vs pretenders I put The Vikings in the pretenders category first
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,536

Post#47 » by Mamba Mentality » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:16 pm

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
The Regime wrote:

The Vikings were picked to be the best NFC team. They have looked far from that. I still think The Rams are the best team league wide then I have The Saints and Panthers as better teams. The Vikings are in a group with Philly and The Bears in teams of rankings. I maybe put Philly higher as they had three loses by a td or less.

Point is if I am picking superbowl contenders vs pretenders I put The Vikings in the pretenders category first

They haven't had Dalvin Cook all season, and they just got Everson Griffin back who is arguably the best player on that defense. I personally wouldn't sleep on them...

Rams are definitely in a tier of their own. Second tier is probably Saints, Eagles, and Vikings. I'm not as high on the Panthers as some of you guys are, they could just as easily be 3-4 as they are 5-2. Jury is still out on the Bears, I'm not convinced they're a playoff team especially if Khalil Mack isn't playing at 100%. It wouldn't surprise at all if they finished the season 8-8.
Worm Guts
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
Forum Mod - Timberwolves
And1: 10,528

Post#48 » by Worm Guts » Mon Oct 29, 2018 3:57 pm

The Regime wrote:
Mr Swagtastic wrote:
The Regime wrote:

They haven't had Dalvin Cook all season, and they just got Everson Griffin back who is arguably the best player on that defense. I personally wouldn't sleep on them...

Rams are definitely in a tier of their own. Second tier is probably Saints, Eagles, and Vikings. I'm not as high on the Panthers are some of you guys are, they could just as easily be 3-4 as they are 5-2. Jury is still out on the Bears, I'm not fully convinced they're a playoff team especially if Khalil Mack isn't playing at 100%. It wouldn't surprise at all if they finished the season 8-8.

Missing Rhodes last night was big, that's not the team you want to be shorthanded against with corners. I'm not convinced the Vikings area great team this year, but I don't think they looked overmatched last night either. It was mainly an issue of 2 really bad turnovers.

Return to The General NFL Board