Heisman Trophy Winner Kyler Murray to enter NFL Draft

Moderator: bwgood77

HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 8,009

Heisman Trophy Winner Kyler Murray to enter NFL Draft 

Post#1 » by HMFFL » Thu Jan 10, 2019 3:34 am

The San Francisco Chronicle reports 2018 Heisman Trophy Winner and 2018 Oakland A's first-round draft pick Kyler Murray will enter the NFL draft.
In and of itself, entering the draft would not necessarily mean Murray was foregoing his baseball career, but A's beat writer Susan Slusser reports he would be expected to focus on football if he did so. Super agent Scott Boras had previously insisted that Murray planned to report to A's spring training next month. Now that appears to be up in the air. We will gain more information in the coming days. Were Murray to commit to football, he would have a shot at coming off the board on Day 1.
Source: San Francisco Chronicle
Jan 9 - 10:14 PM

www.rotoworld.com

Sent from my SM-N920P using RealGM mobile app
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,590

Re: Heisman Trophy Winner Kyle Murray to enter NFL Draft 

Post#2 » by Mamba Mentality » Thu Jan 10, 2019 4:19 am

Read on Twitter

Probably wont happen, but still interesting nonetheless.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Re: Heisman Trophy Winner Kyler Murray to enter NFL Draft 

Post#3 » by HMFFL » Mon Jan 14, 2019 8:38 pm

He wants 15m dollar contract from Oakland As or he enters the NFL draft.

hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,568

Post#4 » by hermes » Sun Jan 20, 2019 3:57 pm

why doesn't he just do both like bo jackson?
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,760

Post#5 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Jan 20, 2019 9:57 pm

hermes wrote:why doesn't he just do both like bo jackson?

This.

I want to know why as well
atlantabbq99
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,603

Post#6 » by atlantabbq99 » Sun Jan 20, 2019 11:56 pm

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:
hermes wrote:why doesn't he just do both like bo jackson?

This.

I want to know why as well

QB is different, especially a starting QB in the NFL. QB takes more time to learn and unlike Bo and Deion, as a QB you can't miss the 1st quarter of a game because you are flying in from some where else.

If the football team lost and Kyler had a baseball game that same day, the media and internet would go straight to blaming him and baseball for the lose.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#7 » by HMFFL » Mon Mar 4, 2019 1:30 am

According to draft insider Tony Pauline, Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury has told people at the NFL Combine that Arizona selecting Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray is already a "done deal."

Pauline acknowledges Kingsbury may not have final say on this decision -- GM Steve Keim technically has more power -- but Kingsbury is a quarterbacks coach by trade and should have just as much say regarding that position. Josh Rosen trade rumors are peaking with connections made to the Redskins and Dolphins, among others. Rosen isn't nearly as strong a fit for Kingsbury's Air Raid spread and would fit better in an offense like Jay Gruden's.
Related:

Arizona Cardinals

Source: Draft Analyst Blog
Mar 3, 2019, 3:37 PM

righterwriter
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,536

Post#8 » by righterwriter » Mon Mar 4, 2019 1:41 pm

HMFFL wrote:According to draft insider Tony Pauline, Cardinals coach Kliff Kingsbury has told people at the NFL Combine that Arizona selecting Oklahoma QB Kyler Murray is already a "done deal."

Pauline acknowledges Kingsbury may not have final say on this decision -- GM Steve Keim technically has more power -- but Kingsbury is a quarterbacks coach by trade and should have just as much say regarding that position. Josh Rosen trade rumors are peaking with connections made to the Redskins and Dolphins, among others. Rosen isn't nearly as strong a fit for Kingsbury's Air Raid spread and would fit better in an offense like Jay Gruden's.
Related:

Arizona Cardinals

Source: Draft Analyst Blog
Mar 3, 2019, 3:37 PM

That's pretty wild. It's amazing how much autonomy a new coach has when it comes to moving players around and choosing his guys.

If they can get a 1st rd pick for Josh Rosen, which I'm pretty sure they can, then why not? If Murray is the perfect QB and the team is has the right guys to make the system work then go for it.

I'm curious about which teams would give up their #1 pick to get Rosen. Maybe NE (32), Packers (30) LAC (28), WSH (15), MIA (13).
laika
Analyst
And1: 1,996

Post#9 » by laika » Wed Mar 6, 2019 2:53 pm

Could be an exaggeration, but reports coming out that Murray has some huge flaws-
https://sports.yahoo.com/less-than-a-week-after-the-combine-critics-come-out-against-kyler-murray-215935459.html

Return to The General NFL Board