Who is the most talented back in the league?

Moderator: bwgood77

Who are ya taking?

Barkley
12
52%
Bell
0
No votes
Elliott
3
13%
Gurley
1
4%
David Johnson
1
4%
McCaffrey
4
17%
Kamara
2
9%
 
Total votes: 23

User avatar
azcatz11
Head Coach
Posts: 6,092
And1: 6,788
Joined: Apr 13, 2017
Location: Phoenix

Who is the most talented back in the league? 

Post#1 » by azcatz11 » Thu Apr 4, 2019 2:49 am

Thoughts? I know this belongs on the PC board but I noticed no one posts there.

I personally think Saquon will go down as the best running back ever. I know that is crazy and he's not the receiver some of the other backs are but with a capable line I can easily see him rushing for 2k yards in not only one but multiple seasons.

I also understand some will value a pass catching back more highly - a la Bell or Kamara.
User avatar
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
Posts: 16,991
And1: 6,936
Joined: Feb 04, 2011
 

Re: Who is the most talented back in the league? 

Post#2 » by Mamba Mentality » Thu Apr 4, 2019 2:47 pm

1. Saquan Barkley
2. Todd Gurley
3. Ezekiel Elliot
4. Alvin Kamara
5. Melvin Gordon

Barkley is the most physically intimidating and talented back of the group. He's basically Adrian Peterson with hands.
User avatar
azcatz11
Head Coach
Posts: 6,092
And1: 6,788
Joined: Apr 13, 2017
Location: Phoenix

Re: Who is the most talented back in the league? 

Post#3 » by azcatz11 » Thu Apr 4, 2019 6:39 pm

The Regime wrote:1. Saquan Barkley
2. Todd Gurley
3. Ezekiel Elliot
4. Alvin Kamara
5. Melvin Gordon

Barkley is the most physically intimidating and talented back of the group. He's basically Adrian Peterson with hands. Just watching him destroy team after team behind one of the worst o-lines was enough validation for him.


Bell doesn't crack your top 5?
User avatar
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
Posts: 16,991
And1: 6,936
Joined: Feb 04, 2011
 

Re: Who is the most talented back in the league? 

Post#4 » by Mamba Mentality » Thu Apr 4, 2019 10:10 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
The Regime wrote:1. Saquan Barkley
2. Todd Gurley
3. Ezekiel Elliot
4. Alvin Kamara
5. Melvin Gordon

Barkley is the most physically intimidating and talented back of the group. He's basically Adrian Peterson with hands. Just watching him destroy team after team behind one of the worst o-lines was enough validation for him.


Bell doesn't crack your top 5?


If he was still on the Steelers, maybe. But with the Jets I think he falls right around 7-10. He might get the volume, but I just don't have the same confidence in him in a new system and coming off a two year hiatus.
jbeachboy
Assistant Coach
Posts: 4,270
And1: 338
Joined: Jul 01, 2014
 

Re: Who is the most talented back in the league? 

Post#5 » by jbeachboy » Sat Apr 6, 2019 9:01 pm

i like dual threats running backs so i would go saquon, leveon bell, kamara, etc
User avatar
El Turco
RealGM
Posts: 48,503
And1: 18,962
Joined: Apr 11, 2007
Location: Frisco
   

Re: Who is the most talented back in the league? 

Post#6 » by El Turco » Tue Apr 9, 2019 12:11 pm

1. Elliott
2. Barkley
3. Kamara
4. Bell
5. Gordon

Big Ten produces great talent
Lifelong Belgium fan!

TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
User avatar
Cactus Jack
RealGM
Posts: 16,480
And1: 8,119
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Location: NBA team was stolen
     

Re: Who is the most talented back in the league? 

Post#7 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Apr 17, 2019 5:58 pm

Saquon
Kamara
McCaffrey
Elliott
Gurley/Gordon
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over

Roddy wrote:- The NBA without Seattle is not the real NBA
LAKESHOW
RealGM
Posts: 10,924
And1: 1,300
Joined: Mar 14, 2002
Location: HOME OF THE 16 TIME WORLD CHAMPIONS!

Re: Who is the most talented back in the league? 

Post#8 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Apr 23, 2019 2:33 am

Zeke. He can catch with the best. He can run with speed and vision. But none can put together those packages with power. Kamara who is my 2nd fave, does not have the same smashing power ss Zeke.
Home of the 16 Time World Champions
bluejerseyjinx
Head Coach
Posts: 6,845
And1: 1,085
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
Location: Maine
       

Re: Who is the most talented back in the league? 

Post#9 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Aug 14, 2019 6:46 pm

Elliot. No brainer.
User avatar
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 14,947
And1: 7,351
Joined: Jan 07, 2010
Location: Asheville, N.C.
       

Re: Who is the most talented back in the league? 

Post#10 » by jwise44 » Wed Aug 14, 2019 8:29 pm

Totally biased...mccaffrey

Truthfully, I’d say Barkley or kamara
ROCKETS TEXANS ASTROS knicks
bluejerseyjinx
Head Coach
Posts: 6,845
And1: 1,085
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
Location: Maine
       

Re: Who is the most talented back in the league? 

Post#11 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Aug 15, 2019 3:04 pm

Things sure haven't changed in here. Post your thoughts and feelings and immediately get bullied by a mod because they think your biased. Wow. Elliot has been NFL's leading rusher two of his first three years in the league. Took a suspension for him to not get the hat trick. Bad mistake coming back here.
User avatar
RaoulDuke79
General Manager
Posts: 8,646
And1: 1,569
Joined: Jul 31, 2006
Location: purchasing stunning amounts of pudding.

Re: Who is the most talented back in the league? 

Post#12 » by RaoulDuke79 » Thu Aug 15, 2019 11:49 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Things sure haven't changed in here. Post your thoughts and feelings and immediately get bullied by a mod because they think your biased. Wow. Elliot has been NFL's leading rusher two of his first three years in the league. Took a suspension for him to not get the hat trick. Bad mistake coming back here.


Huh?
We watched the tragedy unfold. We did as we were told, we bought and sold. It was the greatest show on Earth...but then it was over.
GiannisAnte34
Sophomore
Posts: 133
And1: 89
Joined: Jun 19, 2019
 

Re: Who is the most talented back in the league? 

Post#13 » by GiannisAnte34 » Sat Aug 31, 2019 7:37 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Things sure haven't changed in here. Post your thoughts and feelings and immediately get bullied by a mod because they think your biased. Wow. Elliot has been NFL's leading rusher two of his first three years in the league. Took a suspension for him to not get the hat trick. Bad mistake coming back here.


he meant his biased opinion is McCaffery but realistically he thinks it's Barkley or Kamara
User avatar
Cactus Jack
RealGM
Posts: 16,480
And1: 8,119
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Location: NBA team was stolen
     

Re: Who is the most talented back in the league? 

Post#14 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:26 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Elliot. No brainer.

Kamara>>>>Elliott

Cactus Jack wrote:Saquon
Kamara
McCaffrey
Elliott
Gurley/Gordon
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over

Roddy wrote:- The NBA without Seattle is not the real NBA
bluejerseyjinx
Head Coach
Posts: 6,845
And1: 1,085
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
Location: Maine
       

Re: Who is the most talented back in the league? 

Post#15 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:55 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Elliot. No brainer.

Kamara>>>>Elliott

Cactus Jack wrote:Saquon
Kamara
McCaffrey
Elliott
Gurley/Gordon

Please, :lol:
User avatar
Cactus Jack
RealGM
Posts: 16,480
And1: 8,119
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Location: NBA team was stolen
     

Re: Who is the most talented back in the league? 

Post#16 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Sep 30, 2019 6:57 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Elliot. No brainer.

Kamara>>>>Elliott

Cactus Jack wrote:Saquon
Kamara
McCaffrey
Elliott
Gurley/Gordon

Please, :lol:

Did you even watch last night? Stop being an over the top homer! It's a bad look. :lol:

Kamara might be the best back in Football right now.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over

Roddy wrote:- The NBA without Seattle is not the real NBA
bluejerseyjinx
Head Coach
Posts: 6,845
And1: 1,085
Joined: Oct 18, 2014
Location: Maine
       

Re: Who is the most talented back in the league? 

Post#17 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Sep 30, 2019 7:05 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Kamara>>>>Elliott


Please, :lol:

Did you even watch last night? Stop being an over the top homer! It's a bad look. :lol:

Kamara might be the best back in Football right now.

Ive had a bad look since I joined RealGM 5 years ago for just being a Cowboys fan.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
Posts: 17,622
And1: 2,004
Joined: Dec 29, 2005
Location: Jurassic Park
         

Re: Who is the most talented back in the league? 

Post#18 » by Mr Swagtastic » Tue Oct 1, 2019 2:02 am

Cactus Jack wrote:Saquon
Kamara
McCaffrey
Elliott
Gurley/Gordon
Pretty good assessment, I have Barkley as they most talented right now how can you argue with what he's doing? McCaffrey is just the ultimate Swiss army knife guy is doing everything.

Kerryon Johnson is in the next group IMHO with Mixon, Chubb, James Connor and Fournette. Idk if I put Jordan Howard there yet or Delvin Cook
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
User avatar
Cactus Jack
RealGM
Posts: 16,480
And1: 8,119
Joined: Feb 25, 2015
Location: NBA team was stolen
     

Re: Who is the most talented back in the league? 

Post#19 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Oct 1, 2019 3:07 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Saquon
Kamara
McCaffrey
Elliott
Gurley/Gordon
Pretty good assessment, I have Barkley as they most talented right now how can you argue with what he's doing? McCaffrey is just the ultimate Swiss army knife guy is doing everything.

Kerryon Johnson is in the next group IMHO with Mixon, Chubb, James Connor and Fournette. Idk if I put Jordan Howard there yet or Delvin Cook

I'd put Carson somewhere in that 2nd group of guys also. The only thing holding him back right now is ball security.

Cook belongs for sure.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over

Roddy wrote:- The NBA without Seattle is not the real NBA
User avatar
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
Posts: 58,278
And1: 32,072
Joined: Feb 06, 2009
Location: Austin
Contact:
   

Re: Who is the most talented back in the league? 

Post#20 » by bwgood77 » Tue Oct 1, 2019 3:09 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:Saquon
Kamara
McCaffrey
Elliott
Gurley/Gordon
Pretty good assessment, I have Barkley as they most talented right now how can you argue with what he's doing? McCaffrey is just the ultimate Swiss army knife guy is doing everything.

Kerryon Johnson is in the next group IMHO with Mixon, Chubb, James Connor and Fournette. Idk if I put Jordan Howard there yet or Delvin Cook


I think it's tough to judge right now. I'd really have to see a lot of footage of each and know how good their offensive lines are.

I mean a few years ago you could have easily said David Johnson and even Gurley more recently, but they fall off. Elliott is a lot like Emmitt was...benefits from a great line so harder to assess. I never felt, for example, that Emmitt was as good as Sanders at the time, but he had that line....Aikman benefited from the same thing. Obviously they were great players, it's just so much easier with that. Shaun Alexander looked like a super stud, even won MVP with that line.

I was watching some earlier Shaun Alexander today and watch this Walter Jones block....he pushes the guy for like 20 yards. Edit: I guess you have to click on "Watch on Youtube"

Return to The General NFL Board


cron