Dak Prescott turns down 30m, wants 40m per year

Moderator: bwgood77

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,425

Re: Dak Prescott turns down 30m, wants 40m per year 

Post#61 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Oct 12, 2020 4:34 am

wco81 wrote:Didn't see the injury, just the aftermath. So season-ending, long rehab ahead of him.

What was the last offer the Cowboys made?

Did he for instance get offered as much as the Texans offered to Watson?

Or what Goff got from the Rams?

He may have deserved more but it's brutal to have a major injury without a long-term deal. Maybe won't be fully rehabbed for 2 years, by which time he would be 29.

Cowboys may be fortunate, if they had signed him this offseason, to have him injured only 5 games into this season.

OTOH, now they have to look at drafting and developing a QB, unless there's a Pro Bowl QB who is going to be a FA next season.

iirc Dallas offered him 35m. Less than Watson (40m), but more than Goff (33m).
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,185

Post#62 » by LAKESHOW » Mon Oct 12, 2020 2:58 pm

Dallas gotta offload heavy assets for Tua
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,376

Post#63 » by bwgood77 » Mon Oct 12, 2020 5:33 pm

Andy Dalton will probably lead them to the playoffs and Jerry will feel he will be fine to keep as their starter for few years.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#64 » by HMFFL » Mon Oct 12, 2020 11:49 pm

If you watched the game you saw how respected Dak. He will recover from this and be back 100%.
Dallas will still have to pay him regardless if they want to keep him.

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,214

Post#65 » by wco81 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 12:51 am

If he's out all next season, who's going to pay him?

He's a free agent after this year right?

So he's getting $31 million this season and overall, he's earned a bit over $35 million in his career.

If he hadn't gotten injured, I think Dallas could have tagged him again and pay a higher one-year contract, assuming they didn't agree on a long-term deal.

Now what though? Would he have to sign with a team for next year in order to rehab with an NFL team?

I don't think Dallas could keep him next season unless they give him a long-term deal or tag him again at some large cap number like $35 million or more?

Or maybe the NFL will give them an exemption like PUP or something and let him rehab with them for a small salary?

If he isn't able to play again, he's still earned a lot of money in the NFL, probably enough to give himself a very comfortable standard of living. But he isn't 30 yet so he'd have to find another career too.

What he missed out on, by not getting a long term deal with maybe $100 million in guaranteed money is generational wealth, which probably would have set him and his extended family up, as well as his kids and grandkids.

So horrible situation but not tragic. Dak may get opportunities with the Cowboy organization, maybe some rich Cowboy fans, or in the media, on top of his NFL earnings, unless he was burning that money.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#66 » by jwise44 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 5:05 pm

That was a brutal injury (watching it live when he was holding it up I kept looking at his calf cause it looked weird then realized his ankle was sideways and I felt sick) but does anyone think he can never come back and play again? I mean Alex Smith just got some snaps in 2 years after his brutal injury.

I think he’ll continue his career, to what level? I have no idea
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,483

Post#67 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Oct 13, 2020 8:33 pm

jwise44 wrote:That was a brutal injury (watching it live when he was holding it up I kept looking at his calf cause it looked weird then realized his ankle was sideways and I felt sick) but does anyone think he can never come back and play again? I mean Alex Smith just got some snaps in 2 years after his brutal injury.

I think he’ll continue his career, to what level? I have no idea

He will definitely play again, the injury reminded me of Gordon Hayward's injury. The question I have is, we saw how much that injury took away from Hayward's athleticism (a good amount), if the same happens to Dak, how good is he? Dak doesn't rush for too many yards, but his ability to move in the pocket and escape to keep the play going to find a receiver is a pretty big part of his game.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,214

Post#68 » by wco81 » Wed Oct 14, 2020 7:58 pm

Prognosis seems to be good, that he might be ready to play next year. Heard it described as 5 months recovery?

So he is likely to be tagged again. Dallas would probably wait to see how he recovers and plays first.

Unless Dalton tears it up the rest of the season or something.

Return to The General NFL Board