Moderator: bwgood77

justme400e
Junior
And1: 116

Re: Antonio Brown agrees to deal with Patriots 

Post#21 » by justme400e » Sat Sep 7, 2019 11:52 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Don't forget Gronk left the door open for a possible midseason return. Ridiculous.
The time it takes other teams to sign players compared to the Pats, who can make deals in a couple of hours that take other teams days or weeks, is highly suspicious :lol: .
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,425

Post#22 » by Cactus Jack » Sun Sep 8, 2019 12:55 am

justme400e wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Don't forget Gronk left the door open for a possible midseason return. Ridiculous.
The time it takes other teams to sign players compared to the Pats, who can make deals in a couple of hours that take other teams days or weeks, is highly suspicious :lol: .

Oh this thing was totally preordained from the start. NE was the team he wanted all along. Don't think otherwise. As soon as they called, it was a wrap.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,483

Post#23 » by Duke4life831 » Sun Sep 8, 2019 7:46 am

Cactus Jack wrote:

His latest post.

The plan was to sign with NE the whole time. Can't make this **** up. :lol: :lol: :lol:

They freed me! Says the man who signed a 50+ million dollar contract with that team just a couple months back. I wouldn't be shocked if his plan was from the start was to sign the big deal then force a trade or release, thinking he had that 30 mil guarantee.

I'm actually very curious if he falls in line with the Pats. I know the Pats have taken trouble personalities before, but this is on a whole different level.
Franco
Veteran
And1: 3,148

Post#24 » by Franco » Sun Sep 8, 2019 8:55 am

Well, **** my life. Congratulations to yet another championship to the Empire.
About 2018 Cavs:

euroleague wrote:His team would be considered a super-team in other eras, and that's why commentators like Charles Barkley criticize LBJ for his complaining. He has talent on his team, he just doesn't try during the regular season
vegaspacker
Analyst
And1: 963

Post#25 » by vegaspacker » Sun Sep 8, 2019 9:11 am

Waiting for the Woj bomb about that Gronk return now.,.
I needs shades for this future thing we owning..... 8-) 8-) 8-)
Slava
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 33,446

Post#26 » by Slava » Sun Sep 8, 2019 11:55 am

This feels like the most obvious case of tampering. Imagine the **** if this was the NBA and Chris Paul complained about the regulation jock strap chafing his junk too much, called Presti a cracker on instagram to get cut and sign with the Lakers.
:king: + :angry: = :wizard:
Jedzz
RealGM
And1: 2,506

Post#27 » by Jedzz » Sun Sep 8, 2019 4:34 pm

Slava wrote:This feels like the most obvious case of tampering. Imagine the **** if this was the NBA and Chris Paul complained about the regulation jock strap chafing his junk too much, called Presti a cracker on instagram to get cut and sign with the Lakers.

Jimmy Butler. Seems the players are figuring out how to get these things done and aren't concerned with how they are perceived in the process.

The "I'm free" video from Brown makes me wonder a few things. Everyone's first inclination is to look at this as all a plan to "get to the Patriots". However, I'm actually wondering if part of it is actual freedom in his mind. The Patriots only signed him for one year. Maybe that's exactly how long someone like Brown can handle the idea of being stuck and owned by a contract at this point in his life. Once someone is already worth millions, I imagine there are a few players out there that aren't excited about the next 5 year deal and next 5 years of their life being stuck somewhere. Right now Brown knows he has a year of football setup, money coming in, but it's all his choice again after that. Just somewhat opposite of players that feel a need to have long term safety contracts.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#28 » by Jedzz » Sun Sep 8, 2019 4:39 pm

justme400e wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

Maybe it has something to do with the QB being willing to take less and constantly rework his deal. Maybe other players there also are willing. Meanwhile, most other singular greats on other teams are holding their play as ransom to get the utmost possible and make things difficult for the teams otherwise. Although it could be none of that and simply because it's easy to talk players and their agents into psigning with a real winning team so the deals wrap up quickly.
Mr Swagtastic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 3,176

Post#29 » by Mr Swagtastic » Mon Sep 9, 2019 12:26 am

Another reason to hate Brown and The Cheatroits
Lord Leoshes wrote:i personally would rather keep Chalmers over Lowry
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#30 » by HMFFL » Mon Sep 9, 2019 3:18 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
HMFFL wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:If he acts up, Bill will just kick his *** to the curb. NE is basically a lock to represent the AFC yet again.
Yes, and AB will walk with 9+ million in guaranteed money.

Sent from my SM-N920P using RealGM mobile app

I'm sure there's some type of language in the contract that essentially voids the deal if he doesn't cooperate. Same way Oakland operated. I'd be shocked if their wasn't some clauses built in. Every team for that matter.

This was clearly planned out by him. See video posted above. :wink:
Yes, planned out seems to be the case.
It was well thought out to day the least but overall probably took little effort on his part since he had professional help.
It's just odd to me that he seemed to be close to David Carr and he knew the direction Oakland was heading with him.
Oh, well, he got what he wanted, and most players do. Going forward I hope the league takes a stronger stance on situations like these.

Jedzz
RealGM

Post#31 » by Jedzz » Mon Sep 9, 2019 3:30 am

Mr Swagtastic wrote:Another reason to hate Brown and The Cheatroits

I don't hate the Patriots. If anything I look down on the rest of the league that hasn't bought into nearly every drop of what they have done and copied it if they have nothing better to counter it with.

However this Ant Brown thing is over the top, I agree. This is like the Warriors adding Durant. The league's commissioner has to have some way to stop these things when they get out of hand.

In the past the Patriots made do with receivers most other teams wouldn't have given much playing time to and turned them into star players. But right now the utter insane receiver depth of the Patriots is over the top. Tonight Dorsett caught two big TD passes, along with Gordon getting one, and Edelman being his typical unstoppable self averaging over 13 yards a catch today. To these guys, the also have Demaryius Thomas no less, and Ant Brown comes in next week. This is overkill, and this will keep Tom in play for years yet with this talent depth around him.

But one look at how stubbornly listless the Steelers looked tonight might explain why Brown went off the deep end there. Tomlin's steelers absolutely never adjusted during this game. They kept the same guys out there drive after failed drive. Nobody else ran a football but Conner I think until late in the 4th. Offensively, they are just stubborn and useless and it's their own fault. Would that drive you crazy if you are a top of the game WR like Brown? It might. Should we blame players that want to get off their stubborn useless teams and go play for a winner that will play everyone to make sure the win happens?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,425

Post#32 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Sep 9, 2019 11:02 pm

Read on Twitter
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#33 » by Jedzz » Tue Sep 10, 2019 12:39 am

I heard a different angle to this on the radio today. A call-in Pats fan wasn't really happy about Brown signing with Pats. That fan believes they don't need him. More than that, he feels Belichick sees it as a no lose scenario. Because if Brown acts up this fan believes the Patriots will immediately suspend him and just keep him out of football for the year. That way they also don't have to play against him during the season. That fan said he hopes that is how this plays out. Interesting way to look at this.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,185

Post#34 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Sep 10, 2019 3:21 am

Undefeated Season
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#35 » by HMFFL » Tue Sep 10, 2019 5:52 am

Jedzz wrote:I heard a different angle to this on the radio today. A call-in Pats fan wasn't really happy about Brown signing with Pats. That fan believes they don't need him. More than that, he feels Belichick sees it as a no lose scenario. Because if Brown acts up this fan believes the Patriots will immediately suspend him and just keep him out of football for the year. That way they also don't have to play against him during the season. That fan said he hopes that is how this plays out. Interesting way to look at this.
The Pats have a 20m dollar option for him for the 2020 season. That suggest to me that they're invested in him even if they must sign him to a more lucrative contract.

The Pats are invested in making Tom Brady's final seasons as successful as possible. As a destiny they're adding to what an organization possibly won't ever do again.

LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,185

Post#36 » by LAKESHOW » Tue Sep 10, 2019 6:33 am

With brown, who is going to stop that offense. Waay too many angles to hit u from.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,752

Post#37 » by Rich Rane » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:33 pm

Read on Twitter
DirtybirdGA
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,863

Post#38 » by DirtybirdGA » Tue Sep 10, 2019 8:49 pm

Damn poor Thomas, thank you for your service.
Where the offseason has more buzz happens.
Jedzz
RealGM

Post#39 » by Jedzz » Tue Sep 10, 2019 9:44 pm

HMFFL wrote:
Jedzz wrote:I heard a different angle to this on the radio today. A call-in Pats fan wasn't really happy about Brown signing with Pats. That fan believes they don't need him. More than that, he feels Belichick sees it as a no lose scenario. Because if Brown acts up this fan believes the Patriots will immediately suspend him and just keep him out of football for the year. That way they also don't have to play against him during the season. That fan said he hopes that is how this plays out. Interesting way to look at this.
The Pats have a 20m dollar option for him for the 2020 season. That suggest to me that they're invested in him even if they must sign him to a more lucrative contract.

The Pats are invested in making Tom Brady's final seasons as successful as possible. As a destiny they're adding to what an organization possibly won't ever do again.

Yes that sounds correct to me.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#40 » by HMFFL » Wed Sep 11, 2019 12:57 am

Return to The General NFL Board