Manning vs Brees vs Rodgers

Moderator: bwgood77

Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Manning vs Brees vs Rodgers 

Post#1 » by Dr Positivity » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:01 pm

In what order do you think they should be on all time list? Who do you think was the best QB?

NFL released top 100 players list with 10 QBs, Brees and Rodgers weren’t on it but they were clearly limiting themselves to only a certain amount of QBs from each era, so after they put Brady and Manning on they left the others off. Not sure if they voted for Favre over them cause they rank him higher or because he was deemed to be from a previous era.
therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,083

Re: Manning vs Brees vs Rodgers 

Post#2 » by therealbig3 » Wed Jan 8, 2020 1:46 pm

If you throw in Brady, I would say in terms of all time:
1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Rodgers
4. Brees

In terms of peak:
1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Manning
4. Brees

I think NO and Brees in general get a huge pass from fans and the media for consistently coming up short when it matters, which is why he's getting a little overrated historically and now getting put in the same discussion with guys that were clearly better QBs during their primes. If he was put under the same microscope, he just wasn't as good as the other 3.
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#3 » by HMFFL » Fri Jan 10, 2020 4:28 am

therealbig3 wrote:If you throw in Brady, I would say in terms of all time:
1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Rodgers
4. Brees

In terms of peak:
1. Rodgers
2. Brady
3. Manning
4. Brees

I think NO and Brees in general get a huge pass from fans and the media for consistently coming up short when it matters, which is why he's getting a little overrated historically and now getting put in the same discussion with guys that were clearly better QBs during their primes. If he was put under the same microscope, he just wasn't as good as the other 3.

I agree with the below but not your peak rankings. I'm not as high on Rodgers but I do rank him higher than Brees.

1. Brady
2. Manning
3. Rodgers
4. Brees

Sent from my SM-N975U using RealGM mobile app
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#4 » by Dr Positivity » Mon Jan 20, 2020 4:29 pm

Yea I think it's 1. Brady 2. Manning 3. Rodgers 4. Brees. Brady has too many big playoff moments and is 2nd best regular season player at worst, can make a case for 1st as he has several of the best seasons ever. I rate Manning as THE best regular season player ever which adds up after a while more in football than other sports, it felt like he was winning 12 games with any team you put around him and guaranteeing many shots at a Superbowl. I am sympathetic to his GOAT case because it was hard for him to ever compete with Brady for most rings without having a Belichick situation. Rodgers has a higher peak than Brees although a little less longevity at this point. I also attribute Payton's system as a bigger part of Brees success than McCarthy... Idk, maybe that's unfair, but it always felt like a system success to me with him as the best part of it, hence some of the big seasons by some other skill position guys. Brees teams have been some teams better at offense than defenses which hurts him in playoffs, but also allows him to put up good stats. On the downside Rodgers seems like the weirdest personality of the four to connect with and seems like he might be a semi-unhappy person with family issues, which could have some ramifications

Return to The General NFL Board