Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,433

Re: 2020 Realgm Fantasy Football thread 

Post#2 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Jul 18, 2020 6:59 pm

What's new!?

I've added an OP "Offensive player", along with a DP "Defensive player".

With the "OP", you have the option of having a 2nd QB or any offensive player (Flex) of your choice.

Roster
QB
RB (2)
WR (2)
TE
Flex
OP (1 Offensive starter)- QB/Flex
DP (1 Defensive starter)
D/ST
K

Bench (7)
IR (2)
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,396

Post#3 » by azcatz11 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:06 pm

Im in!!!
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#4 » by azcatz11 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:13 pm

Is this PPR or are you going to forget again lol
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#5 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Jul 18, 2020 8:13 pm

azcatz11 wrote:Is this PPR or are you going to forget again lol

Yes :lol:
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,536

Post#6 » by Mamba Mentality » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:32 pm

I might be interested. Don't really like the defensive player addition though...I tried it out a couple seasons ago and it was a major fail. I'd much rather have another flex spot.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,341

Post#7 » by jwise44 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 2:50 pm

I’m in and I like the dp addition
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#8 » by azcatz11 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:19 pm

Mamba Mentality wrote:I might be interested. Don't really like the defensive player addition though...I tried it out a couple seasons ago and it was a major fail. I'd much rather have another flex spot.

What was bad about it? I've personally never played in a league with DP so it intrigued me....something a little fresh
Mamba Mentality
RealGM

Post#9 » by Mamba Mentality » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:33 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:I might be interested. Don't really like the defensive player addition though...I tried it out a couple seasons ago and it was a major fail. I'd much rather have another flex spot.

What was bad about it? I've personally never played in a league with DP so it intrigued me....something a little fresh

They're too much of a crap shoot. Takes the whole research/matchup analysis aspect out of fantasy imo. They're like kickers but more unpredictable.
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#10 » by azcatz11 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:38 pm

Mamba Mentality wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

They're too much of a crap shoot. Takes the whole research/due diligence aspect out of fantasy imo.

I would assume LB's / Edge rushers would be the most valued? I could obviously google but I'm opening dialogue lol
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,412

Post#11 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:53 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:What's new!?

This is now a 2QB league. I've also added a DP (Defensive player Utility) starter. Where you have the option to choose any 1 defensive player. (12 Starters, 7 Bench, 2 IR)

Roster
QB's- (2)
RB's- (2)
RB/WR
WR's- (2)
TE
Flex
DP (Defensive player)- (1)
D/ST
K

I thought you hated those 2 qb leagues with individual defensive players?? So instead you created your own and copy later? :D
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#12 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 4:58 pm

Mamba Mentality wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

They're too much of a crap shoot. Takes the whole research/matchup analysis aspect out of fantasy imo. They're like kickers but more unpredictable.

They key is knowing how it is scored. I set up leagues and usually score it like 1 pt per tackle, 1 pt per pass defensed, 2 pts forced fumble, 2 pts recovered fumble, 4 pts int, 3 pts sack, 2 pts safety, 6 pts td, or something like that.

Then I usually focus on drafting guys who get a lot of tackles and sacks....typically LBs....but in my leagues you have to draft a LB, DB, DL and then you get a defensive utility so during a draft you just look at their previous seasons stats in tackles, ints, sacks, etc. ESPN gives option to look at this through a draft.

It's not nearly as random as something like K or team defense unless I guy like returns 2 interceptions for tds or something...but that's something that should be rewarded anyway. JJ Watt was a huge difference maker one year.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,271

Post#13 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:01 pm

I love it but would make a couple of changes. Get rid of the DP position for one. And also have two flexes and get rid of the RB/WR position. Some drafters like to load up at TE position when they are weak in other areas and they are penalized in that one flex position.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#14 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:05 pm

bwgood77 wrote:

This is now a 2QB league. I've also added a DP (Defensive player Utility) starter. Where you have the option to choose any 1 defensive player. (12 Starters, 7 Bench, 2 IR)

Roster
QB's- (2)
RB's- (2)
RB/WR
WR's- (2)
TE
Flex
D/ST
K

I thought you hated those 2 qb leagues with individual defensive players?? So instead you created your own and copy later? :D

Guilty. :lol:
Mamba Mentality
RealGM

Post#15 » by Mamba Mentality » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:08 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

They key is knowing how it is scored. I set up leagues and usually score it like 1 pt per tackle, 1 pt per pass defensed, 2 pts forced fumble, 2 pts recovered fumble, 4 pts int, 3 pts sack, 2 pts safety, 6 pts td, or something like that.

Then I usually focus on drafting guys who get a lot of tackles and sacks....typically LBs....but in my leagues you have to draft a LB, DB, DL and then you get a defensive utility so during a draft you just look at their previous seasons stats in tackles, ints, sacks, etc. ESPN gives option to look at this through a draft.

It's not nearly as random as something like K or team defense unless I guy like returns 2 interceptions for tds or something...but that's something that should be rewarded anyway. JJ Watt was a huge difference maker one year.

You can stream team defenses week to week with fairly good success...as a matter of fact that's what I did last year in one of my leagues and I finished first overall. DP and K are wildcards, there aren't very many metrics to determine their week to week viability. I don't like the idea of luck determining my outcomes. If it was up to me I'd get rid of both those positions.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#16 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:08 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:I love it but would make a couple of changes. Get rid of the DP position for one. And also have two flexes and get rid of the RB/WR position. Some drafters like to load up at TE position when they are weak in other areas and they are penalized in that one flex position.

Think I will stick with the DP tho. Unless it's overwhelmingly unpopular. :wink:
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#17 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:17 pm

azcatz11 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

They're too much of a crap shoot. Takes the whole research/due diligence aspect out of fantasy imo.

I would assume LB's / Edge rushers would be the most valued? I could obviously google but I'm opening dialogue lol

Right now I have it set so...

Tackles= 1 point

Sacks= 3 points

INT's= 5 pts

Fumble Forced (FF)= 2 pts

Fumble Recovered (FR)= 2 pts

Safety (SF)= 2 pts

Passes Defensed (PD)= 1 pt

Spoiler:
LB's who rack up tackles are the most valuable.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#18 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:19 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Roster
QB's- (2)
RB's- (2)
RB/WR
WR's- (2)
TE
Flex
D/ST
K

Just a poacher...poach the league because you have a simpler one than gradually work your way up to poach more with a similar one. :lol:

I may have to join that one if there is room. i have always hated D/ST though....seems way too random to let 2-3 entire units be one position. You have a random game with an int return and a punt return it flips the game regardless of strategies at other positions.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#19 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:23 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

Just a poacher...poach the league because you have a simpler one than gradually work your way up to poach more with a similar one. :lol:

I may have to join that one if there is room. i have always hated D/ST though....seems way too random to let 2-3 entire units be one position. You have a random game with an int return and a punt return it flips the game regardless of strategies at other positions.

Okay, I'll send you an invite.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,271

Post#20 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jul 20, 2020 5:44 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:New year, new & improved league!

League
Bmurph
Jwise
BlueJerseyJinx
Ayatollah
Turco
Ballerhogger
Azcatz
DieHardFan
Cactus

2019 Champion: DieHardFan :thumbsup:

New and improved !! Let me guess, you kicked Jwise out. :wink: