Week 2

Moderator: bwgood77

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,449

Re: Week 2 

Post#181 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:00 am

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:up 10 points with minute 5 left. I think we got this.

This win is very sweet! Looking forward to next week against the Pats who wont get that many penalties called against them
like the Saints this week.

So guys what do you think?

Congrats man! The Raiders look legit. That running game is the real deal. If that defense can hold up, they will surprise some teams.

Abram is gonna be a special player. I'm getting Jamal Adams type vibes from him.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Da ThRONe
Veteran
And1: 1,886

Post#182 » by Da ThRONe » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:09 pm

skones wrote:
Da ThRONe wrote:Drew Brees has been done for a couple seasons now. We are better off with Winston.

For sure, that near 40TD and 4000 yard pace last season just screamed "washed." It makes sense to call for a replacement that threw 30 INTs last season. Taking care of the football doesn't matter in the NFL.

This is what happens when you look at raw stats and not analyze the player. Drew arm strength faded about 5 years ago and his accuracy started to fade after the 2nd half of 2018. Payton has done a remarkable job gameplaning around Brees' down fall. The last 2 years it didn't start happening into later into the season(fortunately Drew suffered the minor injury last year and he was able to rest 5 weeks). Drew was able to win some games out thinking some lesser defenses last year, but it's obvious he doesn't have the arm talent to beat solid defenses anymore especially without Michael Thomas.

Either Payton is going to have to revamp the offense to make this a run 1st team, or Hill or Winston will have to take over if we want any hope to have a chance to win a Superbowl.
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,190

Post#183 » by skones » Tue Sep 22, 2020 2:55 pm

Da ThRONe wrote:
skones wrote:
Da ThRONe wrote:Drew Brees has been done for a couple seasons now. We are better off with Winston.

For sure, that near 40TD and 4000 yard pace last season just screamed "washed." It makes sense to call for a replacement that threw 30 INTs last season. Taking care of the football doesn't matter in the NFL.

This is what happens when you look at raw stats and not analyze the player. Drew arm strength faded about 5 years ago and his accuracy started to fade after the 2nd half of 2018. Payton has done a remarkable job gameplaning around Brees' down fall. The last 2 years it didn't start happening into later into the season(fortunately Drew suffered the minor injury last year and he was able to rest 5 weeks). Drew was able to win some games out thinking some lesser defenses last year, but it's obvious he doesn't have the arm talent to beat solid defenses anymore especially without Michael Thomas.

Either Payton is going to have to revamp the offense to make this a run 1st team, or Hill or Winston will have to take over if we want any hope to have a chance to win a Superbowl.

No it's what happens when you look at things objectively. There's a gap between "done" and fading ability. You are not "done" if you accomplish what he did last season, period. For you to double down on that is comical. It's almost as if there's quite a bit to be said about the ability to manage a game and make good decisions, a quality which Brees possesses and Winston has consistently demonstrated that he does not.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,476

Post#184 » by bwgood77 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:03 pm

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:up 10 points with minute 5 left. I think we got this.

This win is very sweet! Looking forward to next week against the Pats who wont get that many penalties called against them
like the Saints this week.

So guys what do you think?

The AFC West as a whole might be better than expected. Might still be tough to get a Wildcard with the Pats/Bills and Ravens/Steelers.

Though I guess with the extra wildcard this year it might be possible.

The Saints looked in control at first, but then it flipped the other way big time.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#185 » by bwgood77 » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:06 pm

skones wrote:

Yeah, time to go with Taysom Hill.

I do wonder if when Brees is really done, if Payton will give Winston another chance.
Da ThRONe
Veteran

Post#186 » by Da ThRONe » Tue Sep 22, 2020 4:19 pm

skones wrote:
Da ThRONe wrote:
skones wrote:

No it's what happens when you look at things objectively. There's a gap between "done" and fading ability. You are not "done" if you accomplish we he did last season, period. For you to double down on that is comical. It's almost as if there's quite a bit to be said about the ability to manage a game and make good decisions, a quality which Brees possesses and Winston has consistently demonstrated that he does not.

Done being an top tier QB. Clearly Brees isn't completely done. The fault is mine for not being specific.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,293

Post#187 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 22, 2020 5:11 pm

jwise44 wrote:Jesus cactus...Kareem and Chubb killing for you against me in one of our leagues...both over 20 points

Some little birdie Pmed me last Friday and said it was lights out for you. What a comeback for your team, wow. Turned out Aaron Jones was the lights out RB last week !! :thumbsup:
skones
RealGM

Post#188 » by skones » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:53 pm

Da ThRONe wrote:
Done being an top tier QB. Clearly Brees isn't completely done. The fault is mine for not being specific.

You stated you were better off with Winston, which remains completely ridiculous at this juncture.
Da ThRONe
Veteran

Post#189 » by Da ThRONe » Wed Sep 23, 2020 4:33 am

skones wrote:
Da ThRONe wrote:

You stated you were better off with Winston, which remains completely ridiculous at this juncture.

I disagree. I think Jameis' flaws are easier to gameplan around than Drew's. Winston can make all the NFL throws and has really good accuracy. He's just too aggressive. But he can threaten the entire field.
skones
RealGM

Post#190 » by skones » Wed Sep 23, 2020 5:11 am

Da ThRONe wrote:
skones wrote:
Da ThRONe wrote:

I disagree. I think Jameis' flaws are easier to gameplan around than Drew's. Winston can make all the NFL throws and has really good accuracy. He's just too aggressive. But he can threaten the entire field.

Um. No. He has the lowest percentage of accurate passes since 2016 per PFF. When you consistently struggle with deep ball accuracy, you aren't "threatening the entire field."

It's funny to me how this is a video, on the internet, that anyone can access, and you're trying to pass him off as having "really good accuracy."

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#191 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:17 am

Da ThRONe wrote:
skones wrote:
Da ThRONe wrote:

Man, Saints fans are in for a huge disappointment when Brees steps away. They've had an all-time great for like the last 15 years or so. Jameis isn't the answer. The guy has been in the league for 5 years. He is who he is.
skones
RealGM

Post#192 » by skones » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:20 am

bwgood77 wrote:
skones wrote:

Yeah, time to go with Taysom Hill.

I do wonder if when Brees is really done, if Payton will give Winston another chance.

He's started 70 games in the NFL. He's not getting another starting gig in this league unless somebody gets hurt and he impresses so much that he can't be denied OR he's a stop gap while a draft pick learns the playbook. We know what Winston is at this point.

The league in general is very impatient with QBs. Look at a guy like Josh Rosen. His career is basically done and he got totally screwed from the jump. I have a hard time seeing Payton look at Winston and saying, "Yeah, he's my guy."
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#193 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:46 pm

bwgood77 wrote:...

Did you see this?

Read on Twitter

That's wild.

Read on Twitter
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#194 » by LAKESHOW » Wed Sep 23, 2020 6:54 pm

No Freakin Way! Got to be kiddin me
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#195 » by bwgood77 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 7:13 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:...

Did you see this?

Read on Twitter

That's wild.

Read on Twitter

I knew something went wrong with the injection they were giving him. I didn't know they punctured his lung.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,760

Post#196 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:27 pm

You can't make this stuff up!

So......does he sue for malpractice & negligence or is he SOL?

I am going to assume there's some type of waiver or something he probably signs so he can't sue.

Like of all the things that could go wrong....this isn't one of them that comes to mind you know? Lol
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,254

Post#197 » by wco81 » Wed Sep 23, 2020 8:32 pm

wow must have been a big needle.

Why was he willing to take pain-killers like that?

Worried about losing his job to the rookie?
skones
RealGM

Post#198 » by skones » Thu Sep 24, 2020 6:11 am

wco81 wrote:wow must have been a big needle.

Why was he willing to take pain-killers like that?

Worried about losing his job to the rookie?

NFL careers are short. Athletes are competitive, they want to be on the field. In a game like football, where you take hit after hit, after hit, there is no way in hell you're ever without pain during the season when Week 1 ends. Hell, in a normal year, the pain starts as soon as you step on the field in preseason. In the NFL, shooting up a guy with something to dull the aches and pains is common place. It's been part of the culture for years.

I can almost guarantee you he wasn't the only guy in that locker room getting something that very day.

Return to The General NFL Board