Moderator: bwgood77

Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,009

Re: chiefs : can anyone beat them ? 

Post#321 » by Pharmcat » Thu Jun 3, 2021 2:30 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Barring injuries, Chiefs have a great shot to go undefeated with their new stacked OL.

Their defense isn’t good enough to go undefeated

The Bucs on other hand could if they want to

However they will have an offense that will score almost every time they have the ball. Defense won't have to be great, just decent.

no they dont. they lack discipline and a short/middle route target. Bucs took away the deep ball and Mahomes had nowhere to go. This is why getting Juju would have been huge. If i was KC, I re-establish the run game and eat up clock to keep their defense off the field.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,277

Post#322 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jun 3, 2021 3:39 pm

Pharmcat wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:

Their defense isn’t good enough to go undefeated

The Bucs on other hand could if they want to

However they will have an offense that will score almost every time they have the ball. Defense won't have to be great, just decent.

no they dont. they lack discipline and a short/middle route target. Bucs took away the deep ball and Mahomes had nowhere to go. This is why getting Juju would have been huge. If i was KC, I re-establish the run game and eat up clock to keep their defense off the field.

I disagree that the Chiefs are not disciplined number one. You don't go to 3 straight AFC Championship, winning two of them and two straight Super Bowls, winning one of them and not being disciplined. Number two, the only reason why the Bucs were able to take away the deep balls or any balls for that matter, was because they were able to put unbelievable pressure on Mahomes only rushing 4 D-lineman which let them keep 8 men in coverage to double team Hill, Kelce and CEH. And the only reason why the Bucs were able to pull that scheme off was the direct result of the Chiefs losing most of their O-line in the AFC Championship game. Losing Fischer and Swartz was way too much to overcome. Nevertheless the Chiefs more than took care of the problem with the signings of Joe Thuney, Kyle Long and Orlando Brown. With these new additions, I'm certain if they meet the Bucs again, it will take a lot more pass rushers than 4 to disrupt Mahomes and their offense, if at all. I do agree with you however that the Chiefs will have a much better running game this year.
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,009

Post#323 » by Pharmcat » Thu Jun 3, 2021 3:53 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:
Pharmcat wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:However they will have an offense that will score almost every time they have the ball. Defense won't have to be great, just decent.

I disagree that the Chiefs are not disciplined number one. You don't go to 3 straight AFC Championship, winning two of them and two straight Super Bowls, winning one of them and not being disciplined. Number two, the only reason why the Bucs were able to take away the deep balls or any balls for that matter, was because they were able to put unbelievable pressure on Mahomes only rushing 4 D-lineman which let them keep 8 men in coverage to double team Hill, Kelce and CEH. And the only reason why the Bucs were able to pull that scheme off was the direct result of the Chiefs losing most of their O-line in the AFC Championship game. Losing Fischer and Swartz was way too much to overcome. Nevertheless the Chiefs more than took care of the problem with the signings of Joe Thuney, Kyle Long and Orlando Brown. With these new additions, I'm certain if they meet the Bucs again, it will take a lot more pass rushers than 4 to disrupt Mahomes and their offense, if at all. I do agree with you however that the Chiefs will have a much better running game this year.

If they were disciplined they wouldn’t get silly offside penalty that cost them a trip to a Super Bowl, and a horrible 2nd quarter in another Super Bowl filled with penalties that put the game away by halftime. The team commits too many dumb penalties.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#324 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Jun 3, 2021 8:02 pm

It will be hard to beat and keep up with any team that puts up 38-42 points every game despite their defense unless you are God awful like Detroit or Atlanta.
Revived
RealGM
And1: 19,410

Post#325 » by Revived » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:44 am

It will take injuries to stop the Chiefs offense.

They have everything on that end. Amazing QB. String running game. Elite TE. Fastest WR to keep the defense spread. Excellent O line.

There’s just no weaknesses on that end.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,455

Post#326 » by bwgood77 » Fri Aug 13, 2021 11:35 pm

Revived wrote:It will take injuries to stop the Chiefs offense.

They have everything on that end. Amazing QB. String running game. Elite TE. Fastest WR to keep the defense spread. Excellent O line.

Yeah, it will likely take a guy like Derwin James.
Revived
RealGM

Post#327 » by Revived » Sat Aug 14, 2021 12:09 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Revived wrote:It will take injuries to stop the Chiefs offense.

Yeah, it will likely take a guy like Derwin James.

Hopefully he can stay healthy.

Good news is I think the Chiefs defense is very exploitable.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#328 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Aug 25, 2021 3:31 pm

Thornhill and Fenton were hurt and out most of last year. The secondary will be much better this year.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#329 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Sep 8, 2021 4:01 pm

The one team I would be fearful of this season if your a Chiefs fan are the Titans. The way they play and their scheme can keep Mahomes on the side line for 6-8 minutes per drive while running it down your throat. With Julio on the other side of A.J. Brown, it will be hard to put too many guys in the box to try and stop Henry.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#330 » by LAKESHOW » Sat Sep 11, 2021 4:08 pm

Right now as I see it. The Chiefs and Buccaneers are the 2 best teams. Top notch QBs. Strong enough defense. Weapons everywhere. But who is going to place that bet in Vegas? The same 2 teams returning to the Superbowl? Injuries. Bad snaps. A bad week. Too many variables
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,438

Post#331 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:26 am

Where's my guy Bluejerseyjinx? :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,241

Post#332 » by Papi_swav » Mon Sep 20, 2021 4:13 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :D
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#333 » by El Turco » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:49 am

Chiefs are beaten more often than jwise's meat
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
nybluemeadow
Rookie
And1: 508

Post#334 » by nybluemeadow » Mon Sep 20, 2021 12:49 pm

nybluemeadow wrote:Chiefs are going to get worst and worst every year, as they are already in salary cap hell.

I called it, thank you thank you! :winkgrin:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#335 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:12 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:Where's my guy Bluejerseyjinx? :wink:

We are still here. Just took a little time for things to shake out this season. 8-) Remember, the ones that laugh last laugh the loudest. :rofl: Poor Raps, he's such a loyal Raider fan I almost feel bad for him. But his team the last 3 years gives up 33 points per game and they can never figure out what is wrong with their team. :falloff: Denver, if they had a QB and not Teddy check down, they might be a very scary team. Chargers are just a soft team on defense. There like the Cowboys of the AFC West, what can go wrong, will go wrong. Book it.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#336 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 20, 2021 12:54 am

Papi_swav wrote::lol: :lol: :lol: :D

:lol: :lol: :lol: 8-) :rofl: :falloff:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#337 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Dec 25, 2021 3:08 pm

El Turco wrote:Chiefs are beaten more often than jwise's meat

And we all know why nobody can beat your meat, :rofl: :falloff:
El Turco
GOTB Fantasy Basketball Ultimate 2x Champion
And1: 20,560

Post#338 » by El Turco » Sun Dec 26, 2021 8:26 pm

why would anyone else beat my meat? what kinda weird fetish are you into old man :lol:
TheLowlySquire wrote:Wow, Arda! Huge!

Howard Mass wrote:Arda is not a terrorist. Arda is a good person.
kyphi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,612

Post#339 » by kyphi » Tue Dec 28, 2021 1:24 am

Last year, Mahomes had turf toe and concussions towards the end of the season. This year, if they are all back and healthy, I think only Tampa Bay has a shot at them. I've been pleasantly surprised with KC's defense.
Revived
RealGM

Post#340 » by Revived » Mon Jan 3, 2022 10:52 am

Yeah the Bengals can.

Return to The General NFL Board