Week 4 Matchup & Games Discussion

Moderator: bwgood77

thomchatt3rton
Head Coach
And1: 2,228

Re: Week 4 Matchup & Games Discussion 

Post#161 » by thomchatt3rton » Thu Oct 8, 2020 8:07 pm

bwgood77 wrote:Just noticed the Bears are 3-1. How did that happen?

While I don’t think they’re terrible, CHI could easily be 1-3 or even 0-4.

Beat DET when Lions rookie dropped a walk-off TD at end of game.

Had to hang on tight to beat NYG by 4 (Giants had ball inside Bears 10yd line at end but couldn’t score).

And they came back to squeak one out vs a badly tail-spinning and badly injured Falcons team.

That said, their D still seems pretty solid, so if they can get even just competent QB play out of Foles, they’re still a reasonably competitive, though not good, team.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app
skones
RealGM
And1: 17,192

Re: Week 4 Matchup & Games Discussion 

Post#162 » by skones » Fri Oct 9, 2020 1:31 am

thomchatt3rton wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:Just noticed the Bears are 3-1. How did that happen?

While I don’t think they’re terrible, CHI could easily be 1-3 or even 0-4.

Beat DET when Lions rookie dropped a walk-off TD at end of game.

Had to hang on tight to beat NYG by 4 (Giants had ball inside Bears 10yd line at end but couldn’t score).

And they came back to squeak one out vs a badly tail-spinning and badly injured Falcons team.

That said, their D still seems pretty solid, so if they can get even just competent QB play out of Foles, they’re still a reasonably competitive, though not good, team.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Isn't that the way it goes though? Every time Chicago has a good year, they eek out these close victories. It's what happens when you're so heavily reliant on your defense. 2018, 10 games decided by a TD or less, 2010, 10 games decided by a TD or less, and yes they've only had two good years since 2006.

Return to The General NFL Board