Mike mccarthy hoodwinked cowboys into the job

Moderator: bwgood77

Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,009

Mike mccarthy hoodwinked cowboys into the job 

Post#1 » by Pharmcat » Mon Oct 5, 2020 1:11 am

Remember when he got hired he talked about how when he took the time off he looked at analytics and the puff pieces?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/mike-mccarthy-studied-nfl-trends-hired-cowboys-job-2020-1%3famp

It's clear his agent did that to rebrand mccarthy so he could be hired again .

This cowboys team is terrible: poorly coached, poor habits , questionable heart (especially on tackling), horrible defense , and a offense that can't build a lead. Coach Mike conned the cowboys to getting the gig and now they are seeing the results
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,286

Re: Mike mccarthy hoodwinked cowboys into the job 

Post#2 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 5, 2020 1:15 am

He doesn't get any help from Nolan. Starting to miss Maranelli.
Pharmcat
RealGM

Post#3 » by Pharmcat » Mon Oct 5, 2020 1:17 am

bluejerseyjinx wrote:He doesn't get any help from Nolan. Starting to miss Maranelli.

Didn't Mike hire him? Seems like hiring a friend than someone whose really good at the job
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#4 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 5, 2020 3:45 pm

Pharmcat wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:He doesn't get any help from Nolan. Starting to miss Maranelli.

Didn't Mike hire him? Seems like hiring a friend than someone whose really good at the job

On top of that Nolan hasn't been a DC since 2014. Its not just the injuries, the defense looks lost most of the time. And the missed assignments are too high to count.
dr3am
RealGM
And1: 10,485

Post#5 » by dr3am » Mon Oct 5, 2020 7:39 pm

Y’all suck no matter whose there... ain’t been to the SB since how long now?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,441

Post#6 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Oct 5, 2020 7:41 pm

dr3am wrote:

A quarter-century. Must feel like a lifetime.

Mike McCarthy is no better than Jason Garrett. Cowboy fans are now just starting to figure this out (or they will eventually lol). Still...they'll beat up those other teams in that division. Yet continue to struggle against good teams.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
dr3am
RealGM

Post#7 » by dr3am » Mon Oct 5, 2020 8:04 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
dr3am wrote:

Mike McCarthy is no better than Jason Garrett. Cowboy fans are now just starting to figure this out (or they will eventually lol). Still...they'll beat up those other teams in that division. Yet continue to struggle against good teams.

Pathetic, that’s the only way to really describe the Cowgirls
DirtybirdGA
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,863

Post#8 » by DirtybirdGA » Mon Oct 5, 2020 8:08 pm

Sorry NFC east fans, Dallas should be 0-4, but, Dairy Quinn and those guys...
Where the offseason has more buzz happens.
dr3am
RealGM

Post#9 » by dr3am » Mon Oct 5, 2020 8:45 pm

DirtybirdGA wrote:Sorry NFC east fans, Dallas should be 0-4, but, Dairy Quinn and those guys...

It’s ok, they stunk it up to Seattle & (Cleveland :lol:) right after so the Falcons are forgiven
Pharmcat
RealGM

Post#10 » by Pharmcat » Tue Oct 20, 2020 3:13 pm

Cowboys should fire him.. he hoodwinked them by saying he studied analytics lol
Pharmcat
RealGM

Post#11 » by Pharmcat » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:13 am

a disaster game from the cowboys today. lets remind everyone this guy admitted to lying on his job interview (which would get me fired from my job)

https://www.sportscasting.com/mike-mccarthy-unsurprisingly-lied-to-jerry-jones-to-get-the-cowboys-head-coaching-job/
“Well, I need to confess. I told Jerry that I watched every play of the 2019 season, but I wanted the job,” McCarthy said. “I haven’t watched every play of the season, but you do what you gotta do, right?”

cowboys need to fire him, clean house and start over
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#12 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Oct 26, 2020 1:15 am

Pharmcat wrote:a disaster game from the cowboys today. lets remind everyone this guy admitted to lying on his job interview (which would get me fired from my job)

https://www.sportscasting.com/mike-mccarthy-unsurprisingly-lied-to-jerry-jones-to-get-the-cowboys-head-coaching-job/
“Well, I need to confess. I told Jerry that I watched every play of the 2019 season, but I wanted the job,” McCarthy said. “I haven’t watched every play of the season, but you do what you gotta do, right?”

Couldn't agree more.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#13 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Aug 13, 2022 6:09 pm

Pharmcat wrote:Remember when he got hired he talked about how when he took the time off he looked at analytics and the puff pieces?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.businessinsider.com/mike-mccarthy-studied-nfl-trends-hired-cowboys-job-2020-1%3famp

It's clear his agent did that to rebrand mccarthy so he could be hired again .

This cowboys team is terrible: poorly coached, poor habits , questionable heart (especially on tackling), horrible defense , and a offense that can't build a lead. Coach Mike conned the cowboys to getting the gig and now they are seeing the results

Credit due where credit is due. :thumbsup:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#14 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:15 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
dr3am wrote:

When you grow up being spoiled by the Cowboys as a young kid, it does now seem more than a lifetime ago. Every time I go into my blue room and see 30 years of rich tradition on my walls and in my closets and compare it to what has happened the past 26 years makes me both physically and mentally ill.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#15 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Aug 15, 2022 7:06 pm

Pharmcat wrote:a disaster game from the cowboys today. lets remind everyone this guy admitted to lying on his job interview (which would get me fired from my job)

The problem is cleaning house and starting over won't work with Jerry as the leader and owner.
Pharmcat
RealGM

Post#16 » by Pharmcat » Tue Aug 16, 2022 8:37 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

The problem is cleaning house and starting over won't work with Jerry as the leader and owner.

I heard They had 17 penalties in preseason game? No one respects McCarthy , he’s like a substitute teacher .
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#17 » by bluejerseyjinx » Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:17 pm

Pharmcat wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

I heard They had 17 penalties in preseason game? No one respects McCarthy , he’s like a substitute teacher .

:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#18 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Dec 26, 2023 8:58 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
dr3am wrote:

Somebody saw this coming 3 years ago. Great call Jack.
Jerry told McCarthy 2 years ago to clean up the penalties and to be more disciplined. Grade - F.
I'm not going to bring up McCarthy's game and time management skills and record. You have all seen him in action. Grade - F.
After last season and sh.t canning Kellen Moore, McCarthy said the Cowboys were going to be a very physical running
team that was going to pound the ball and run it down everyone's throat. I understand the original thought process.
I mean we have seen the previous 7 years what happens when we have to leave it all up to dumb Dak. 5 weeks later
that approach became a bust. I mean C.D. lamb and our weapons are just scrubs, right? Nevertheless, he put everything
back in Dak's hands again despite all the evidence. I'll give him a tiny bit of credit for trying to do something at least. Grade- D.
Being smart, game scheming and making adjustments, total failure. Grade - F.

Feels like ground hogs day for Cowboy fans. After 3 years of this Mike McCarthy crap it all just feels like a total scam put on Cowboy nation by both McCarthy and Jerry. The CURSE OF JERRY LIVES ON !!!!!!!!!! :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Mr B
RealGM
And1: 4,019

Post#19 » by Mr B » Tue Dec 26, 2023 10:19 pm

Honestly I knew they were going to have trouble running the ball this year. I have been saying since the “get rid of Zeke” talk started that Pollard is not the guy. Not full time anyways. He’s never been a lead back in his life until this year. He wasn’t a lead back at Memphis and from what I’ve read he wasn’t a lead back in HS.

That falls squarely on Jerry and McClay for not finding and drafting another RB to compliment Pollard like Zeke did. I believe McCarthy started the season wanting to be a power running team but he didn’t have the personnel.

As for McCarthy obvious he’s been “as advertised”. Packer fans told us what to expect and he’s been pretty much that. Although he hasn’t been conservative like he was in Green Bay. It’s time for him to go.

The Question is what are the Cowboys options? Do they go the coordinator route? Do they promote from within? Do they look to the college ranks? A retread? What are some realistic names that could be a possibility?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM

Post#20 » by bluejerseyjinx » Thu Dec 28, 2023 4:27 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
dr3am wrote:

Once again, it appears your Jack crystal ball was spot on 3 years ago. Another great call. :thumbsup:

Return to The General NFL Board