Super Bowl Game thread

Moderator: bwgood77

Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,009

Super Bowl Game thread 

Post#1 » by Pharmcat » Fri Feb 5, 2021 5:43 pm

the weekend is finally here. I have no idea why people are picking the Chiefs, the Bucs have a better team top to bottom plus the Chiefs are missing 2 great offense lineman. The Bucs will coast to a victory here, Mahomes hasnt seen a rush like he will on Sunday plus the DBs in the back. He will toss at least 3 INTs.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,536

Re: Super Bowl Game thread 

Post#2 » by Mamba Mentality » Fri Feb 5, 2021 7:25 pm

Aint no one "coasting" to a victory. I fully anticipate a game that goes down to the wire. Would be pretty epic to see Brady run the two minute drill in win the game.
dr3am
RealGM
And1: 10,485

Post#3 » by dr3am » Sat Feb 6, 2021 12:44 am

Including last season when Brady was on the Patriots he has lost 2 straight games to Patrick Mahomes & the Chiefs, Drew Brees beat Brady & the Bucs 2 times this season.. Brady didn’t lose a 3rd time to the Saints & he won’t lose a 3rd time to the Chiefs. I feel like this will be a close shootout game with the Bucs narrowing out a victory.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,564

Post#4 » by hermes » Sat Feb 6, 2021 4:29 am

i hope the commercials are good
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,446

Post#5 » by bwgood77 » Sat Feb 6, 2021 6:13 am

I figured if it's close the Bucs would win and all Super Bowls with Brady have been close, though I don't think they've played a team as talented as this Chiefs team. I thought it was a toss up but now with Reid maybe distracted with what happened with his son, that could have an impact if he loses focus.
Pharmcat
RealGM

Post#6 » by Pharmcat » Sat Feb 6, 2021 4:28 pm

the only chance I think the Chiefs have is their gadget swing plays , jet sweeps, if they can use their speed to get to the edge and then use their speed to run down the field.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,437

Post#7 » by Cactus Jack » Sat Feb 6, 2021 5:38 pm

bwgood77 wrote:I thought it was a toss up but now with Reid maybe distracted with what happened with his son, that could have an impact if he loses focus.

Read on Twitter

Reading up on that family. Really disturbing news.

Fwiw the last team to repeat was the Patriots (04/05).

Spoiler:
I've got the Bucs winning a close one.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,446

Post#8 » by bwgood77 » Sat Feb 6, 2021 6:16 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:I thought it was a toss up but now with Reid maybe distracted with what happened with his son, that could have an impact if he loses focus.

Read on Twitter

Reading up on that family. Really disturbing news.

Fwiw the last team to repeat was the Patriots (04/05).

Spoiler:
I've got the Bucs winning a close one.

Yeah, like I said, this could be very upsetting and distracting for Andy Reid. I don't necessarily thing it will distract him during the game, but if they were not finished with preparations and game plan and everything going into it, it could have an impact. Or if the kid dies sometime before the game it might be distracting during the game.

His son will likely spend some time in prison, given it's at least his second DUI that could turn into vehicular manslaughter. But of course it's worse for the family. Hopefully the child recovers.

That last repeat for the Patriots was actually against Andy Reid.

I think Arians is a great coach.
DirtybirdGA
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,863

Post#9 » by DirtybirdGA » Sun Feb 7, 2021 4:57 pm

I was pulling for KC, but this accident is a bad distraction.
Where the offseason has more buzz happens.
dr3am
RealGM

Post#10 » by dr3am » Sun Feb 7, 2021 6:41 pm

All I know is this, bluejerseydownsyndrome better pray that the Chiefs win tonight coz if they don’t I’m permanently retiring his old ****** ass from these forums.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,759

Post#11 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Sun Feb 7, 2021 8:06 pm

I'm hoping it's cancelled, not rooting for either team whatsoever/at all.
goober
GOTB's Cancun
And1: 5,958

Post#12 » by goober » Sun Feb 7, 2021 8:09 pm

Go Chiefs!
dr3am
RealGM

Post#13 » by dr3am » Sun Feb 7, 2021 8:14 pm

It’s hilarious seeing so called Niners fan rooting for the team that literally beat the 49ers last year in the Super Bowl.. I think it’s time for those fans to permanently switch sides :dontknow:
Pharmcat
RealGM

Post#14 » by Pharmcat » Sun Feb 7, 2021 8:45 pm

1) Andy Reid will be distracted because of his kids situation
2) mahomes toe injury needs offseason surgery
3) chiefs down 2 starting lineman
4) bucks have more talent top to bottom

This will be a Tampa bay blowout
goober
GOTB's Cancun

Post#15 » by goober » Sun Feb 7, 2021 10:09 pm

dr3am wrote:It’s hilarious seeing so called Niners fan rooting for the team that literally beat the 49ers last year in the Super Bowl.. I think it’s time for those fans to permanently switch sides :dontknow:

It would look *better* for the 49ers if the Chiefs won again, and that’s not even why I’m rooting for the Chiefs, so you can move along with your garbage troll attempt and maybe actually try contributing something intellectual on this board rather than crying about that damn wax word!
dr3am
RealGM

Post#16 » by dr3am » Sun Feb 7, 2021 10:26 pm

Goober wrote:
dr3am wrote:It’s hilarious seeing so called Niners fan rooting for the team that literally beat the 49ers last year in the Super Bowl.. I think it’s time for those fans to permanently switch sides :dontknow:

It would look *better* for the 49ers if the Chiefs won again, and that’s not even why I’m rooting for the Chiefs, so you can move along with your garbage troll attempt and maybe actually try contributing something intellectual on this board rather than crying about that damn wax word!

:lol: How the hell would it look better for the 49ers? Kid gtfo. You’re not a Niners fan, just another one of these Jack asses on this board that think they’re so high & mighty with football knowledge. Go ahead & change your favorite team to the Chiefs, you’ve been saying bs & riding Mahomeboys you know what all year long.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,405

Post#17 » by azcatz11 » Sun Feb 7, 2021 10:46 pm

Go Tompa Bay!
goober
GOTB's Cancun

Post#18 » by goober » Sun Feb 7, 2021 11:12 pm

dr3am wrote:
Goober wrote:

:lol: How the hell would it look better for the 49ers? Kid gtfo. You’re not a Niners fan, just another one of these Jack asses on this board that think they’re so high & mighty with football knowledge. Go ahead & change your favorite team to the Chiefs, you’ve been saying bs & riding Mahomeboys you know what all year long.

It means Tom Brady doesn’t add another championship and that the Niners lost to an all time great team that won the first B2B súper bowl since the 04/05 Pats. Makes the Niners look like a lot better team in hindsight.

But no, the Niners lost to the Chiefs so I have to root against them!!!!!!

Poor logic, and it’s the logic of a child.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Post#19 » by LAKESHOW » Sun Feb 7, 2021 11:20 pm

Are there any safety protocols in that joint?
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
dr3am
RealGM

Post#20 » by dr3am » Sun Feb 7, 2021 11:21 pm

Goober wrote:
dr3am wrote:
Goober wrote:It would look *better* for the 49ers if the Chiefs won again, and that’s not even why I’m rooting for the Chiefs, so you can move along with your garbage troll attempt and maybe actually try contributing something intellectual on this board rather than crying about that damn wax word!

It means Tom Brady doesn’t add another championship and that the Niners lost to an all time great team that won the first B2B súper bowl since the 04/05 Pats. Makes the Niners look like a lot better team in hindsight.

But no, the Niners lost to the Chiefs so I have to root against them!!!!!!

Poor logic, and it’s the logic of a child.

You’re response is that of a lost bandwagon fan.. You do know that Tom Brady grew up a 49ers fan & his two favorite QB’s are Joe Montana & Steve Young, Smh. You’re exposed, how about this, go follow behind bluejerseydownsyndrome & switch your favorite team to the Chiefs.

Return to The General NFL Board