Super Bowl Game thread

Moderator: bwgood77

therealbig3
RealGM
And1: 15,095

Re: Super Bowl Game thread 

Post#281 » by therealbig3 » Mon Feb 8, 2021 4:47 am

Rodgers matched Brady's TOs with ineffectiveness. He didn't have any more positive impact in those drives than Brady did when he threw those INTs, but he came away with a prettier stat line I guess.

That's why stats aren't everything. When they really needed to put together points, Brady did, and Rodgers didn't.
kyphi
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 16,612

Post#282 » by kyphi » Mon Feb 8, 2021 4:54 am

here's hoping mahomes has a successful surgery and recovers from his concussion(s). Cheers, Gronk fans
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,438

Post#283 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Feb 8, 2021 4:56 am

Pharmcat wrote:the chiefs defense really isnt that good. outside of jones and honey badger, no one scares you (frank clark had a bad year)

they need to hit some picks on getting some defensive talent

Clark is very good. He didn't have a great year (stats wise). But he's usually money.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,246

Post#284 » by wco81 » Mon Feb 8, 2021 5:08 am

Clark is on the books for for two more years at $26.3 and 27.8 million.

Mahomes number next year is over $31 million and it keeps shooting up from that point.

Hill is getting over $20 million and then is an RFA.

Mathieu earned almost $20 million this year and is an RFA.

So is Fischer and Schwartz. Lot of OL are free agents but those two had the big cap numbers.

Kelce signed an extension but it doesn't kick in until 2023.

Jones is signed for 2 more years but his cap numbers aren't as big as Clarks though over $20 million each of the next two years.

I think when they gave out some of those extensions including Mahomes' deal, they were going to have to win as many in the next two seasons, this one and the next.

So they squandered a chance. They're going to need OL help unless they pay Fishcher and Schartz again, who earned $15 and $10 million.

Mahomes is going to have to be more of a rhythm QB, not trying to extend plays. But that isn't a strength of Hill. Mahomes needs time for Hill to get downfield. Same thing, Kelce may have to operate a lot more in the 0-10 yards from LOS area a lot more.
Dr Positivity
RealGM
And1: 15,523

Post#285 » by Dr Positivity » Mon Feb 8, 2021 5:14 am

Hard to believe after 2016 Falcons game which confirmed Brady GOAT and could've been his 98 Bulls send off, that he would have four more years as good as this and counting left
BladeDaywalker
Head Coach
And1: 8,760

Post#286 » by BladeDaywalker » Mon Feb 8, 2021 6:02 am

Read on Twitter
The Picture of Dorian Gray

“He grew more and more enamoured of his own beauty, more and more interested in the corruption of his own soul.”
GS Warriors 1
General Manager
And1: 456

Post#287 » by GS Warriors 1 » Mon Feb 8, 2021 9:46 am

Dominant performance from the Bucs defense, Todd Bowles did a hell of a job. Especially, that secondary being young. Very bright future on that side of the ball. Shaq Barrett made additional millions in the last 2 games lol, monster. KC's OL injuries were very much overlooked by a lot of people, myself included, but I did think the Bucs could make it tougher this time around. Tom Brady played good and they had the solid run blocking to make the run game work vs KC DL.

Mahomes just had no chance with the amount of pressure that was mounting. There were several plays in the 2nd half where it hadn't arrived yet and he was already looking for room to scramble. By that point, it definitely got to him. Not sure what Reid/Bieniemy were thinking about in pass pro with KC down their 2 tackles, they probably should have gone a little more to 2 TE sets to have extra help on certain pass plays. Plan for it and see how it goes early. Buffalo had some decent pass rushers but Barrett/JPP are more talented. Have to adjust.
jc23
RealGM
And1: 10,803

Post#288 » by jc23 » Mon Feb 8, 2021 2:25 pm

Dr Positivity wrote:Hard to believe after 2016 Falcons game which confirmed Brady GOAT and could've been his 98 Bulls send off, that he would have four more years as good as this and counting left

MJ probably now regrets not doing the same in the summer of 98.

What Brady has done at that position in that sport will not be duplicated.
Be curious, Not judgmental
dr3am
RealGM
And1: 10,485

Post#289 » by dr3am » Mon Feb 8, 2021 2:56 pm

Chiefs Got
WAXED

Turn out the lights, they “Run it Back” party is over!
Pharmcat
RealGM
And1: 19,009

Post#290 » by Pharmcat » Mon Feb 8, 2021 3:38 pm

GS Warriors 1 wrote:Dominant performance from the Bucs defense, Todd Bowles did a hell of a job. Especially, that secondary being young. Very bright future on that side of the ball. Shaq Barrett made additional millions in the last 2 games lol, monster. KC's OL injuries were very much overlooked by a lot of people, myself included, but I did think the Bucs could make it tougher this time around. Tom Brady played good and they had the solid run blocking to make the run game work vs KC DL.

Mahomes just had no chance with the amount of pressure that was mounting. There were several plays in the 2nd half where it hadn't arrived yet and he was already looking for room to scramble. By that point, it definitely got to him. Not sure what Reid/Bieniemy were thinking about in pass pro with KC down their 2 tackles, they probably should have gone a little more to 2 TE sets to have extra help on certain pass plays. Plan for it and see how it goes early. Buffalo had some decent pass rushers but Barrett/JPP are more talented. Have to adjust.

I agree. They should have dinked and dunked more . Just to get a rhythm, give their defense a break, etc
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,453

Post#291 » by azcatz11 » Mon Feb 8, 2021 4:00 pm

I said this before in the other Brady thread - but Brady is the best team leader of all time. The way he inspires literally everyone will never be matched again IMO.
dr3am
RealGM

Post#292 » by dr3am » Mon Feb 8, 2021 5:27 pm

jwise44 wrote:
dr3am wrote:
Goober wrote:It means Tom Brady doesn’t add another championship and that the Niners lost to an all time great team that won the first B2B súper bowl since the 04/05 Pats. Makes the Niners look like a lot better team in hindsight.

But no, the Niners lost to the Chiefs so I have to root against them!!!!!!

Poor logic, and it’s the logic of a child.

You’re response is that of a lost bandwagon fan.. You do know that Tom Brady grew up a 49ers fan & his two favorite QB’s are Joe Montana & Steve Young, Smh. You’re exposed, how about this, go follow behind bluejerseydownsyndrome & switch your favorite team to the Chiefs.

His response has a lot of logic in it, though?

You sound more like the band wagoner in your response because you’re rooting for Tampa because of Tom Brady

Wut? So you want to talk about bandwagon? By a show of users on here how many people were rooting for the Chiefs before Mahomes was the QB & Alex Smith was at the helm.. I’ll wait
dr3am
RealGM

Post#293 » by dr3am » Mon Feb 8, 2021 5:41 pm

El Turco wrote:if i am not mistaken mahomes had like 3.6 yards per attempt first half, bucs dominated the first half regardless of the penalties

They’re going to use the penalties as an excuse seeing as most of the posters on this board hate Brady but fact of the matter is the Chiefs got Waxed. Bucs had the benefit of playing them in the regular season plus an additional 2 weeks to prepare for them which was huge. I wish the Niners would have had the same benefit of playing them in the regular season last year coz I know we would’ve beat them in the Super Bowl if that happen but we rarely play KC in the regular season.
righterwriter
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,536

Post#294 » by righterwriter » Mon Feb 8, 2021 6:03 pm

dr3am wrote:
El Turco wrote:if i am not mistaken mahomes had like 3.6 yards per attempt first half, bucs dominated the first half regardless of the penalties

They’re going to use the penalties as an excuse seeing as most of the posters on this board hate Brady but fact of the matter is the Chiefs got Waxed. Bucs had the benefit of playing them in the regular season plus an additional 2 weeks to prepare for them which was huge. I wish the Niners would have had the same benefit of playing them in the regular season last year coz I know we would’ve beat them in the Super Bowl if that happen but we rarely play KC in the regular season.

If only the refs had called those penalties last year against the Niners. I think SF would've beat them.

Another "what if" is wondering if KC would've won had they had their starting tackles. The pressure put on Mahomes pretty much neutered him.

Otherwise, Tom Brady did everything right once again. And the Bucs front 7 was dynamite. Their linebackers are absolute beasts.
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,566

Post#295 » by hermes » Mon Feb 8, 2021 10:41 pm

i'm happy for tristan wirfs, got a championship as a rookie - and he had a great year

Return to The General NFL Board