And1: 5,535

Re: Free Agency Frenzy 

Post#41 » by righterwriter » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:00 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
jwise44 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Read on Twitter

Waving the White flag are we?

I pray to god we are, I don’t think the situation is workable and making him sit out will be a **** move

Hope this shows were trading him and not taking back tua

Tanking with Tyrod?

Wouldn't you want to trade with Miami and get back all your picks?

This one has got me thinking Deshaun is going to the Panthers for #8 and a bunch of other picks. I think the Texans overpaid Tyrod to be a knowing placeholder for a year while they groom another mobile QB under him, Trey Lance.
GoRapstheoriginal
Lead Assistant
And1: 1,722

Post#42 » by GoRapstheoriginal » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:06 pm

Someone talk me off the ledge!
(Raiders releasing Hudson?!?!?!?!??!? WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?)
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,520

Post#43 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:10 pm

righterwriter wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
jwise44 wrote:I pray to god we are, I don’t think the situation is workable and making him sit out will be a **** move

Tanking with Tyrod?

This one has got me thinking Deshaun is going to the Panthers for #8 and a bunch of other picks. I think the Texans overpaid Tyrod to be a knowing placeholder for a year while they groom another mobile QB under him, Trey Lance.

He's going to be a placeholder the same way he was in LA. 1.5 games before Lance starts and they never look back. Curious what kind of incentives this deal includes and what the base is.
tres
Sophomore
And1: 208

Post#44 » by tres » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:26 pm

Read on Twitter

Man Diggs, Beasley & Sanders, That’s a lethal trio, if they can stay healthy I would not be surprised at all if they win the AFC, Josh Allen is only going to get better.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,399

Post#45 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:33 pm

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:Someone talk me off the ledge!
(Raiders releasing Hudson?!?!?!?!??!? WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?)

4/5th's of their line is gone. Not the best way to field a competitive team.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#46 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:35 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:The memes on twitter are killng me right now

Rumor is Ahkello is coming this way.

I know he struggled somewhat early on. But PFF rated him fairly well last year. What's your take on him?
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#47 » by LightTheBeam » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:50 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:

I know he struggled somewhat early on. But PFF rated him fairly highly last year. What's your take on him?

I wanted so badly for him to be good. Born in Sacramento, 6'3, 3rd round pick.. I was never impressed, always looked lost on the field, never seemed to reach his potential, and dealt with injuries.

I think hes got the talent, he just needs to put it together. Was an easy decision to keep Moseley and Varrett over him IMO. Team definitely got better when he was replaced by Moseley last year.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#48 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Mar 16, 2021 11:57 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

I know he struggled somewhat early on. But PFF rated him fairly highly last year. What's your take on him?

I wanted so badly for him to be good. Born in Sacramento, 6'3, 3rd round pick.. I was never impressed, always looked lost on the field, never seemed to reach his potential, and dealt with injuries.

I think hes got the talent, he just needs to put it together. Was an easy decision to keep Moseley and Varrett over him IMO. Team definitely got better when he was replaced by Moseley last year.

It's just a 1 year deal, so they can move on if things don't work out.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,136

Post#49 » by wco81 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:59 am

Dave Dameshek and Ross Tucker discuss the Bellichek moves in free agency on the Extra Points podcast.

They said Bellichek is crazy desperate after Brady won the SB in his first season after leaving the Pats to at least make the playoffs if not contend for the title. :lol:

Both are keenly aware that they will be judged by what each does AFTER Brady left the Pats as much as what they did together.

Ross said that in Bellichek's career, he's never made the playoffs without Brady as his QB. That's 8 seasons.

Ironically Bill is overpaying for free agents, signing weapons at crazy salaries. Ironically, making the FA acquisitions that Brady wanted.
jwise44
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 9,340

Post#50 » by jwise44 » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:01 am

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
jwise44 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Read on Twitter

Waving the White flag are we?

I pray to god we are, I don’t think the situation is workable and making him sit out will be a **** move

Tanking with Tyrod?

Picks? yes...tua as the ab for the future? No
righterwriter
Lead Assistant

Post#51 » by righterwriter » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:13 am

Cactus Jack wrote:

I know he struggled somewhat early on. But PFF rated him fairly well last year. What's your take on him?

Yeah, he's been pretty bad for the Niners. Would make a few nice plays, but he got picked on constantly and would often give up huge plays or commit a penalty.
tres
Sophomore

Post#52 » by tres » Wed Mar 17, 2021 9:42 am

Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Niners making big moves over night!!!! :rock:
righterwriter
Lead Assistant

Post#53 » by righterwriter » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:15 am

tres wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

That's going to be a very, very strong offensive line.

Trent Williams, Laken Tomlinson, Alex Mack, Daniel Brunskill, Mike McGlinchey.

Add in the top fullback in football and the top blocking tight end in George Kittle and you've got a team ready to run.

Having dominance up front allows them to have a fairly average QB in Garappolo. Of course if they can upgrade somehow, then great, but I think either way they'll be quite good on offense next year if they can avoid injuries.
tres
Sophomore

Post#54 » by tres » Wed Mar 17, 2021 1:02 pm

righterwriter wrote:
tres wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Add in the top fullback in football and the top blocking tight end in George Kittle and you've got a team ready to run.

Having dominance up front allows them to have a fairly average QB in Garappolo. Of course if they can upgrade somehow, then great, but I think either way they'll be quite good on offense next year if they can avoid injuries.

Man you said a mouth full there & I agree man, injuries was the story of our season last year. Sure every team has injuries but it was clear we had the most players on IR next to the Eagles.. Now I’m beyond tired of these rumors but word is Deshaun Watson wants to play for SF but realistically that’s not going to happen. We definitely need an upgrade over Jimmy G so hopefully we pick up a good QB in this years draft.
righterwriter
Lead Assistant

Post#55 » by righterwriter » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:13 pm

tres wrote:
righterwriter wrote:
tres wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Man you said a mouth full there & I agree man, injuries was the story of our season last year. Sure every team has injuries but it was clear we had the most players on IR next to the Eagles.. Now I’m beyond tired of these rumors but word is Deshaun Watson wants to play for SF but realistically that’s not going to happen. We definitely need an upgrade over Jimmy G so hopefully we pick up a good QB in this years draft.

Totally agreed on a new QB. The question is, do we go top pedigree in the 1st rd or try to get a hidden gem in the later rounds?

As much as I'd love to upgrade on Jimmy G right away, I think we sit back another year and wait to see if Jimmy can get it done with a run-heavy offense, and then see if Cousins, Matt Ryan, or another primo QB becomes free next year.

I would not be shocked to see us get Mitch Trubisky as a backup, though. Wouldn't mind trying him as a mobile QB with a big arm. Shanahan could do something with him, possibly.
tres
Sophomore

Post#56 » by tres » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:35 pm

Read on Twitter

:o Yo the Cards gonna be a contender this year, sheesh
Papi_swav
General Manager
And1: 4,202

Post#57 » by Papi_swav » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:36 pm

tres wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

whoa 138 million ? isn't this dude like 33 years old? I'm glad my team signed Stanley for 98 million, that seems like a bargain now.
righterwriter
Lead Assistant

Post#58 » by righterwriter » Wed Mar 17, 2021 5:51 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
tres wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

whoa 138 million ? isn't this dude like 33 years old? I'm glad my team signed Stanley for 98 million, that seems like a bargain now.

Yeah, its definitely a lot. I think his first year is like $30M, so I guess it tapers off as the contract goes on. The truth is always in the details.

But a note to NFL teams: pick an OT or a QB with your top picks, they cost so damned much once they get past their rookie contract. Having a top of the line player for about $20M under his market value for several seasons is massive.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#59 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:03 pm

righterwriter wrote:
tres wrote:
righterwriter wrote:

Totally agreed on a new QB. The question is, do we go top pedigree in the 1st rd or try to get a hidden gem in the later rounds?

As much as I'd love to upgrade on Jimmy G right away, I think we sit back another year and wait to see if Jimmy can get it done with a run-heavy offense, and then see if Cousins, Matt Ryan, or another primo QB becomes free next year.

I would not be shocked to see us get Mitch Trubisky as a backup, though. Wouldn't mind trying him as a mobile QB with a big arm. Shanahan could do something with him, possibly.

This is exactly what i'm expecting. I also hope we get Trubisky, hes actually better than people give him credit for. Nagy is a joke. Bring him with Shanahan and watch him become a really good qb.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#60 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:27 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:Bring him with Shanahan and watch him become a really good qb.

Spoiler:
I hope they pull the trigger. :wink:

Return to The General NFL Board