Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,438

Re: Free Agency Frenzy 

Post#61 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Mar 17, 2021 6:31 pm

tres wrote:
Read on Twitter

:o Yo the Cards gonna be a contender this year, sheesh

AJ Green is more name than substance these days.
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#62 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:01 pm

GoRapstheoriginal wrote:Someone talk me off the ledge!
(Raiders releasing Hudson?!?!?!?!??!? WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?)

Read on Twitter
tres
Sophomore
And1: 208

Post#63 » by tres » Wed Mar 17, 2021 8:58 pm

Papi_swav wrote:
tres wrote:
Read on Twitter

Read on Twitter

Niners making big moves over night!!!! :rock:

whoa 138 million ? isn't this dude like 33 years old? I'm glad my team signed Stanley for 98 million, that seems like a bargain now.

Yeah he is up there in age but heā€™s worth every penny. Our best OL by far last season hands down, if the 49ers wouldā€™ve lost him it wouldā€™ve definitely hurt & left a huge void. Even at his age he can make any team instantly better... It wouldā€™ve been scary for the entire league if he wouldā€™ve went to the Chiefs but thank Goodness he didnā€™t.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Post#64 » by LightTheBeam » Wed Mar 17, 2021 10:04 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:Bring him with Shanahan and watch him become a really good qb.

Spoiler:
I hope they pull the trigger. :wink:

If my choice is Nick Mullins or Mitchell Trubisky, its not a choice at all lolol. Maybe I'm crazy, but i'm the biggest Nagy hater there is. Dude should not be a head coach.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#65 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:32 am

Read on Twitter
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#66 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Mar 18, 2021 12:44 am

Read on Twitter
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,566

Post#67 » by hermes » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:04 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

wow, wasn't expecting that

is peterson still really good?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#68 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:11 am

hermes wrote:wow, wasn't expecting that

Yes, he's a little older. But still good. Nice signing.
hermes
RealGM

Post#69 » by hermes » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:43 am

:cheesygrin:
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,610

Post#70 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 2:43 am

hermes wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:
Read on Twitter

wow, wasn't expecting that

No.
righterwriter
Lead Assistant
And1: 5,536

Post#71 » by righterwriter » Thu Mar 18, 2021 4:57 am

The Cardinals have added some big names with JJ Watt, AJ Green, and starting center Rodney Hudson. Looks like they are going to make a big push this year.

The Rams added Matt Stafford in exchange for Jared Goff. Even if they do nothing else, that's a huge upgrade.

The Niners retained four starters and added Alex Mack at Center, which is a hugely important position in Shanahan's offense. They also paid a lot for this athletic edge rusher, Samson Ebukam, a guy I'd never heard of, but their DL coach is pretty savage (see what he did with Kerry Hyder) so there's hope he knows how to utilize him to be the guy rounding the corner while Bosa and Armstead attack.

The Seahawks have had a hard time, it seems. Shaq Griffin was a big loss. At least they added Gabe Jackson, a starting guard in the trade with Oakland, and Gerald Everett who is a solid tight end. But otherwise, I don't think they're keeping pace with other teams in their already very tough division.
righterwriter
Lead Assistant

Post#72 » by righterwriter » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:00 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
(Raiders releasing Hudson?!?!?!?!??!? WTF?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?)

Read on Twitter

Are the Raiders planning to not play with an offensive line this year?

Between Hudson, Trent Brown, and Gabe Jackson, that's three OL starters they've given away for mid round picks. Would love to know what their plan is.
wco81
RealGM
And1: 9,247

Post#73 » by wco81 » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:22 am

Gruden got a big contract but this second tenure with the Raiders will tarnish whatever football legacy he had.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#74 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:21 am

righterwriter wrote: The Seahawks have had a hard time, it seems. Shaq Griffin was a big loss. At least they added Gabe Jackson, a starting guard in the trade with Oakland, and Gerald Everett who is a solid tight end. But otherwise, I don't think they're keeping pace with other teams in their already very tough division.

Lol it's still way too early. They're usually silent in the first week of Free agency. Plus you really can't begin to judge an offseason until after the draft.

As far as Shaq Griffin goes, he's nothing special. No way would I agree to pay him $40 plus million (what he signed for). His play has been too inconsistent. D.J. Reed, who they picked up from the Niners ironically, actually outperformed him. He might win a starting job this year. Their CB's for the most part, played poorly before Reed arrived. I wouldn't be shocked if they added someone in free agency.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#75 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:43 am

righterwriter wrote:Are the Raiders planning to not play with an offensive line this year?

Between Hudson, Trent Brown, and Gabe Jackson, that's three OL starters they've given away for mid round picks. Would love to know what their plan is.

Tom Cable is the perfect man for the job. :wink:

They made Trent Brown the highest paid lineman, and he hasn't lived up to it. Dealt with injuries.

Jackson has zero guaranteed money leftover & so he was a straight salary dump for them.

Hudson apparently wanted out. He asked to be released/traded.
righterwriter
Lead Assistant

Post#76 » by righterwriter » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:02 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
righterwriter wrote: The Seahawks have had a hard time, it seems. Shaq Griffin was a big loss. At least they added Gabe Jackson, a starting guard in the trade with Oakland, and Gerald Everett who is a solid tight end. But otherwise, I don't think they're keeping pace with other teams in their already very tough division.

Lol it's still way too early. They're usually silent in the first week of Free agency. Plus you really can't begin to judge an offseason until after the draft.

As far as Shaq Griffin goes, he's nothing special. No way would I agree to pay him $40 plus million (what he signed for). His play has been too inconsistent. D.J. Reed, who they picked up from the Niners ironically, actually outperformed him. He might win a starting job this year. Their CB's for the most part, played poorly before Reed arrived. I wouldn't be shocked if they added someone in free agency.

I was surprised he got that much, also. But the NFL is so scheme driven, its really hard to judge who is valuable and why, until they start playing.

So you aren't concerned with the Seahawks moves in FA so far. There are some good players out there still, but compared to their opponents in the division at this point I think they've been left behind in terms of retaining and acquiring talent.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#77 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:19 am

righterwriter wrote:I was surprised he got that much, also. But the NFL is so scheme driven, its really hard to judge who is valuable and why, until they start playing.

So you aren't concerned with the Seahawks moves in FA so far. There are some good players out there still, but compared to their opponents in the division at this point I think they've been left behind in terms of retaining and acquiring talent.

Not really.

They don't typically make splashy moves early in free agency. Just the way they operate.

Arizona has added some names. Getting Hudson is a really nice get. But, I don't really get some of their other moves. Like I don't see AJ Green having much of an impact if at all. Guy hasn't really produced as of late. Can't stay on the field. They also just lost Pat Peterson.

The Rams & Niners haven't really made any big splashes either for the most part. John Johnson is a really underrated Safety that just signed with Cleveland. They've lost some other guys. But again, it's still early.

The second & third wave is when you can get some guys at a discounted rate. Still plenty of time.
hermes
RealGM

Post#78 » by hermes » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:20 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
hermes wrote:wow, wasn't expecting that

No.

:(
hermes
RealGM

Post#79 » by hermes » Thu Mar 18, 2021 5:22 pm

righterwriter wrote:
Are the Raiders planning to not play with an offensive line this year?

wait the raiders are giving away lineman for mid-round picks? why haven't the vikings called them?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#80 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Mar 18, 2021 7:00 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:I also hope we get Trubisky

Read on Twitter

Return to The General NFL Board