Post#2 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:27 pm

I nominate Jwise.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,228

Re: Fantasy Thread 

Post#3 » by azcatz11 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:41 pm

I'm in again!

I've been listening to Fantasy Pro's podcast every day practically. Let's go boys!
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#4 » by azcatz11 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 7:42 pm

I'm just going to go ahead and say it.

Pitts is going to be the #2 TE this year and will overtake Kelce by next season. Is that a hot take?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,364

Post#5 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 8:31 pm

I will start my research in a month and do like 7 fantasy drafts to prepare.
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#6 » by azcatz11 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 10:45 pm

bwgood77 wrote:I will start my research in a month and do like 7 fantasy drafts to prepare.

Fantasy Pro's podcast...
PHXCavaliers
Sophomore
And1: 18

Post#7 » by PHXCavaliers » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:44 pm

I got a fantasy question for all you guru guys out there!! Im in a 14 team half point PPR keeper league... keeping Josh allen in the 8th instead of Saquon in the first or david montgomery in the 5th.... 6th Overall pick.... going to come down to Ekeler, Kelce, or Mixon..... WHO DO YOU CHOOSE???? Im leaning Mixon but Im a bengals fan and cant tell if I am just drinking the Kool Aid... Any help is appreciated my guys!!
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#8 » by bwgood77 » Mon Jul 26, 2021 11:55 pm

PHXCavaliers wrote:I got a fantasy question for all you guru guys out there!! Im in a 14 team half point PPR keeper league... keeping Josh allen in the 8th instead of Saquon in the first or david montgomery in the 5th.... 6th Overall pick.... going to come down to Ekeler, Kelce, or Mixon..... WHO DO YOU CHOOSE???? Im leaning Mixon but Im a bengals fan and cant tell if I am just drinking the Kool Aid... Any help is appreciated my guys!!

I don't understand the question. Are you saying you could keep your first round pick OR Barkley. Or instead keep your 8th round pick or Allen? Or they are both choices....and all 4 of these players are choices?

I would probably rather have my pick than Barkley, but if you don't know where you pick it's tougher. I think a top 7 pick or so is definitely better and 8-11 or so is probably a little better, and 12-14 is about the same. I would probably keep the pick because I hate rolling the dice on guys who have not been healthy...even though they could rank higher.

In a 14 team league, by the 8th round, Josh Allen would DEFINITELY be gone. He goes earlier than that in 10 team leagues. So I would keep him for sure.

I am unsure about the others. I do love Ekeler and Kelce.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,239

Post#9 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Jul 27, 2021 1:27 pm

bwgood77 wrote:I will start my research in a month and do like 7 fantasy drafts to prepare.

You need the practice.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,472

Post#10 » by Mamba Mentality » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:08 pm

azcatz11 wrote:I'm just going to go ahead and say it.

Pitts is going to be the #2 TE this year and will overtake Kelce by next season. Is that a hot take?

Better draft him with that confidence in our fantasy league.
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#11 » by azcatz11 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:28 pm

Mamba Mentality wrote:

I am - believe me
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,424

Post#12 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Jul 27, 2021 4:00 pm

azcatz11 wrote:

I am - believe me

Spoiler:
1st pick- Harris
2nd pick- Pitts

Got it! :D
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#13 » by bwgood77 » Tue Jul 27, 2021 5:57 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:

You need the practice.

Do I? I was second place last year. I do my practice a week before when more news is in...in various formats with expert participants.

No way I spend time on podcasts. I have been doing these for over 25 years.
PHXCavaliers
Sophomore
And1: 18

Post#14 » by PHXCavaliers » Tue Jul 27, 2021 11:15 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
PHXCavaliers wrote:I got a fantasy question for all you guru guys out there!! Im in a 14 team half point PPR keeper league... keeping Josh allen in the 8th instead of Saquon in the first or david montgomery in the 5th.... 6th Overall pick.... going to come down to Ekeler, Kelce, or Mixon..... WHO DO YOU CHOOSE???? Im leaning Mixon but Im a bengals fan and cant tell if I am just drinking the Kool Aid... Any help is appreciated my guys!!

I don't understand the question. Are you saying you could keep your first round pick OR Barkley. Or instead keep your 8th round pick or Allen? Or they are both choices....and all 4 of these players are choices?

I would probably rather have my pick than Barkley, but if you don't know where you pick it's tougher. I think a top 7 pick or so is definitely better and 8-11 or so is probably a little better, and 12-14 is about the same. I would probably keep the pick because I hate rolling the dice on guys who have not been healthy...even though they could rank higher.

In a 14 team league, by the 8th round, Josh Allen would DEFINITELY be gone. He goes earlier than that in 10 team leagues. So I would keep him for sure.

APPRECIATE THE REPLY MY GUY!!!

We keep 1 player in the spot he was drafted in last year...... and I already know I am 6th overall pick in the upcoming draft..... so i either keep Saquon and lose my 6th overall pick... or keep Allen and lose my 8th round pick.... Im leaning towards keeping allen as you mentioned.... but not sure who to draft at 6 after keepers and the top 5 picks which im sure will be all RB.... Do I go Mixo/Ekeler? Or Zag and go kelce?

I have mocked a few where I get Mixon round 1 and Waller round 2 and like the way my team ends up looking with a bunch of solid middle round WRs
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#15 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:16 am

azcatz11 wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:

I am - believe me

I think he should go top 10.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#16 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 1:17 am

PHXCavaliers wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:

APPRECIATE THE REPLY MY GUY!!!

We keep 1 player in the spot he was drafted in last year...... and I already know I am 6th overall pick in the upcoming draft..... so i either keep Saquon and lose my 6th overall pick... or keep Allen and lose my 8th round pick.... Im leaning towards keeping allen as you mentioned.... but not sure who to draft at 6 after keepers and the top 5 picks which im sure will be all RB.... Do I go Mixo/Ekeler? Or Zag and go kelce?

I have mocked a few where I get Mixon round 1 and Waller round 2 and like the way my team ends up looking with a bunch of solid middle round WRs

I'd definitely keep Allen. No way he would last until the 8th round in a 14 team draft. That would basically be a pick between 113 and 126. I'm sure his overall ranking is way higher than that.

When is your draft? I haven't looked at things closely yet as my drafts won't be until early September. I love Ekeler but I'm also a Chargers fan. He catches a lot of passes and is a solid runner. They also had one of the worst OLs last year and have a solid one this year, so that will help him a lot.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#17 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:26 am

bwgood77 wrote:I love Ekeler but I'm also a Chargers fan. He catches a lot of passes and is a solid runner. They also had one of the worst OLs last year and have a solid one this year, so that will help him a lot.

Do you view him as a top 10 back this year?
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#18 » by bwgood77 » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:33 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
bwgood77 wrote:I love Ekeler but I'm also a Chargers fan. He catches a lot of passes and is a solid runner. They also had one of the worst OLs last year and have a solid one this year, so that will help him a lot.

Will he get the majority of reps? Do you view him as a top 10 back?

I have to look at the rest of the depth charts and stuff. Yes, he will get the bulk of the carries..the other guys will just come in for a change of pace or if he needs to rest. He's probably top 10 when you consider pass catching as well.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#19 » by Cactus Jack » Wed Jul 28, 2021 3:39 am

bwgood77 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

Will he get the majority of reps? Do you view him as a top 10 back?

I have to look at the rest of the depth charts and stuff. Yes, he will get the bulk of the carries..the other guys will just come in for a change of pace or if he needs to rest. He's probably top 10 when you consider pass catching as well.

Big fan of him.

I just worry about his durability a little. I know he missed some time last year.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,239

Post#20 » by bluejerseyjinx » Wed Jul 28, 2021 5:18 pm

bwgood77 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:

You need the practice.

Do I? I was second place last year. I do my practice a week before when more news is in...in various formats with expert participants.

No way I spend time on podcasts. I have been doing these for over 25 years.

Oh wow ! Runner up in a ESPN FREE LEAGUE. We should take up a collection and send you a banner or trophy.

Return to The General NFL Board