Fantasy thread

Moderator: bwgood77

Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,425

Re: Fantasy thread 

Post#441 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:21 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:Ya I mean, we will see what happens. Jimmys performance last game was pitiful. Hes very fortunate that he plays with such a talented group of receivers who excel in YAC. Even the late game td he threw to Aiyuk which shoulda been a gimme was to the right and Aiyuk had to cut back off the break and adjust.

I'm not sure starting Lance makes sense either at this point, but I know Jimmy isn't taking this team anywhere. And the defense/run game that carried us to the super bowl is a shell of its former self.

Lance needs to sit. He's not at all ready. He basically played just 1 year as a starter in college. Only had the one game last year. If you play him, he'll struggle. It would be a huge mistake by Shanahan. He knows it. That's why he's sticking with Jimmy.

As a rival, I hope he starts this week. :wink:
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,482

Post#442 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 8:42 pm

Just letting everyone know my trio of WR stars (Diggs, DK, Mike Williams) are available in a trade.
LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,568

Post#443 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:00 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:Ya I mean, we will see what happens. Jimmys performance last game was pitiful. Hes very fortunate that he plays with such a talented group of receivers who excel in YAC. Even the late game td he threw to Aiyuk which shoulda been a gimme was to the right and Aiyuk had to cut back off the break and adjust.

I'm not sure starting Lance makes sense either at this point, but I know Jimmy isn't taking this team anywhere. And the defense/run game that carried us to the super bowl is a shell of its former self.

Lance needs to sit. He's not at all ready. He basically played just 1 year as a starter in college. Only had the one game last year. If you play him, he'll struggle. It would be a huge mistake by Shanahan. He knows it. That's why he's sticking with Jimmy.

As a rival, I hope he starts this week. :wink:

I don't disagree. QB's are expected to come out and be Herbert day 1, if they aren't then the bust talk starts coming literally after 1 game. Its obnoxious considering a ton of the great QB's had a few years to sit behind better guys and learn and most of these guys aren't pro ready.

I'm just saying that the upside on this team is really limited this year. Sure we could make the playoffs, but even that isn't a guarantee as we will probably be fighting with the Vikings, Seahawks, Panthers, Saints for 2 playoff spots (assuming AZ/LA continue to roll). Our defense isn't that good especially the secondary and we are missing Salah, our run game is beat up, our O-Line outside of Williams is average at best. Our QB play isn't helping either

I don't think he turns to Lance yet, but our next 6 games are SEA, AZ, IND, CHI, AZ, LA. There's a very realistic possibility that's a 2-4 stretch and we are sitting at 4-5. The earliest I see Lance starting would be week 7 coming off a bye week playing the Colts if we lose the next 2. But again, Jimmy isn't exactly an iron man. So its not crazy to think that regardless Lance could have an opportunity at some point.

I also think we clearly aren't the Jets, Jaguars, Pats, or Bears. If Lance does ultimately become the starter, hes playing with Shanahan who will put him in a soft place to succeed. Maybe he doesn't lead to a ton of wins, but fantasy wise you can clearly see where he would be able to excel. Quick passes to Kittle/Deebo/Aiyuk. Opportunity to get out of the pocket and run. His fantasy upside is definitely worth the stash imo.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#444 » by LightTheBeam » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:00 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:Just letting everyone know my trio of WR stars (Diggs, DK, Mike Williams) are available in a trade.

:o :o :D

In what order are you valuing this trio?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#445 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:09 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:I don't disagree. QB's are expected to come out and be Herbert day 1, if they aren't then the bust talk starts coming literally after 1 game. Its obnoxious considering a ton of the great QB's had a few years to sit behind better guys and learn and most of these guys aren't pro ready.

I'm just saying that the upside on this team is really limited this year. Sure we could make the playoffs, but even that isn't a guarantee as we will probably be fighting with the Vikings, Seahawks, Panthers, Saints for 2 playoff spots (assuming AZ/LA continue to roll). Our defense isn't that good especially the secondary and we are missing Salah, our run game is beat up, our O-Line outside of Williams is average at best. Our QB isn't helping making matters better.

I don't think he turns to Lance yet, but our next 6 games are SEA, AZ, IND, CHI, AZ, LA. There's a very realistic possibility that's a 2-4 stretch and we are sitting at 4-5. The earliest I see Lance starting would be week 7 coming off a bye week playing the Colts if we lose the next 2. But again, Jimmy isn't exactly an iron man. So its not crazy to think that regardless Lance could have an opportunity at some point.

I also think we clearly aren't the Jets, Jaguars, Pats, or Bears. If Lance does ultimately become the starter, hes playing with Shanahan who will put him in a soft place to succeed. Maybe he doesn't lead to a ton of wins, but fantasy wise you can clearly see where he would be able to excel. Quick passes to Kittle/Deebo/Aiyuk. Opportunity to get out of the pocket and run. His fantasy upside is definitely worth the stash imo.

Sure, but Shanahan doesn't care about your fantasy team.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#446 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:16 pm

RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Just letting everyone know my trio of WR stars (Diggs, DK, Mike Williams) are available in a trade.

1. Diggs
2. Williams
3. DK

DK is gonna have weeks when he's not involved. Like when they play the Rams. Ramsey has had his number so far. The main issue with Williams is health. So I can see why you would try & sell high on him.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,472

Post#447 » by Mamba Mentality » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:16 pm

Fwiw I predicted that Lance would become the starter by week 7 at the start of the season. I've kind of cooled down that, but if there was a good time to get him some burn it would be from week 11 on.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#448 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:31 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

1. Diggs
2. Williams
3. DK

DK is gonna have weeks when he's not involved. Like when they play the Rams. Ramsey has had his number so far. The main issue with Williams is health. So I can see why you would try & sell high on him.

This is the order I have it as well. I think all 3 end up top 15 in WRs this year. DK is inconsistent but when he hits he is a fantasy changer.

Honestly not worried about any of these guys. Just stacked with WRs. Don’t need 3 star receivers and a few good ones just sitting on the bench. I’m cool with just 2 star WRs. Just diversifying my talent is all haha.
Mamba Mentality
RealGM
And1: 19,472

Post#449 » by Mamba Mentality » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:39 pm

Godwin, Kupp, Michael Thomas>>>>

I'm just saying.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#450 » by Cactus Jack » Thu Sep 30, 2021 9:45 pm

Mamba Mentality wrote:Godwin, Kupp, Michael Thomas>>>>

I'm just saying.

Are we talking Michael Thomas from 2 years ago? :wink:
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,228

Post#451 » by azcatz11 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:30 pm

I'll trade you Damian Harris straight up for James Robinson - thoughts? :o :D :evil:
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#452 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:49 pm

azcatz11 wrote:

I'll trade you Damian Harris straight up for James Robinson - thoughts? :o :D :evil:

I would’ve been all over that a week ago. But after last week and everything I’ve read and listened to, the whole Carlos Hyde stealing snaps from Robinson is in the past. I’m expecting Robinson to get high volume like last year.

Now I’m down to talk a Robinson/WR for Eckler or Najee
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#453 » by azcatz11 » Thu Sep 30, 2021 10:56 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

I would’ve been all over that a week ago. But after last week and everything I’ve read and listened to, the whole Carlos Hyde stealing snaps from Robinson is in the past. I’m expecting Robinson to get high volume like last year.

RB's are too valuable...that's why everyone is looking to unload WR's lol.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#454 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Oct 1, 2021 12:17 am

azcatz11 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:

Let me just throw out this hypothetical.

Robinson was a top 10 RB last year and looks like Jax is starting to use him the same way again. So you would have a stud RB (Eckler or Najee) and a good one with Robinson. Then you plug in say Mike Williams as your #1 WR.

Now instead of Damien Harris as your flex. You push down Cede or Chase to your #2 WR and one of them at your flex.

No weaknesses in that starting lineup.
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#455 » by azcatz11 » Fri Oct 1, 2021 12:21 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
azcatz11 wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:

Let me just throw out this hypothetical.

Robinson was a top 10 RB last year and looks like Jax is starting to use him the same way again. So you would have a stud RB (Eckler or Najee) and a good one with Robinson. Then you plug in say Mike Williams as your #1 WR.

Now instead of Damien Harris as your flex. You push down Cede or Chase to your #2 WR and one of them at your flex.

No weaknesses in that starting lineup.

Oh come on! You're asking me to trade a RB1 for (at best) a high end RB2. Mike Williams is also a high end WR2 at this point...he's not a WR1 (proven yet)

Difference in RB value >>> WR value.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#456 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Oct 1, 2021 3:57 am

Looks like Urban has realized the stud back he has with Robinson (ya I know Hyde was out). My team is coming together all at the same time. I’m loving it.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#457 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Oct 1, 2021 4:00 am

Duke4life831 wrote:Looks like Urban has realized the stud back he has with Robinson (ya I know Hyde was out). My team is coming together all at the same time. I’m loving it.

If Hyde is healthy, it will continue to be more of a split. Don't get too excited.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#458 » by Duke4life831 » Fri Oct 1, 2021 4:09 am

Cactus Jack wrote:
Duke4life831 wrote:Looks like Urban has realized the stud back he has with Robinson (ya I know Hyde was out). My team is coming together all at the same time. I’m loving it.

If Hyde is healthy, it will continue to be more of a split. Don't get too excited.

I don’t know, last a week Robinson got 15 carries and 6 targets and Hyde was in that game. Back 2 back 20pt weeks. Looking like last year’s Robinson has finally showed up.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#459 » by Cactus Jack » Fri Oct 1, 2021 4:16 am

Duke4life831 wrote:
Cactus Jack wrote:

I don’t know, last a week Robinson got 15 carries and 6 targets and Hyde was in that game. Back 2 back 20pt weeks. Looking like last year’s Robinson has finally showed up.

He should definitely be the guy. But I still don't see him getting phased out completely.
LightTheBeam
RealGM

Post#460 » by LightTheBeam » Fri Oct 1, 2021 2:18 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:

1. Diggs
2. Williams
3. DK

I just made a trade in another league last night. The guy had Kupp, Williams, Metcalf (as well as 2-3 other startable WR's) but the only Rbs on his team were Damien Harris and Joe Mixon. I asked which of those 3 guys he valued in order, and he had Metcalf last as well. Ended up trading Javante Williams + Pittman for Metcalf. A bit hesistant especially with Metcalf on the injury report, 12 targets each of the last 2 weeks for Pittman, and Javante providing real league willing potential (plus its a 3 keeper league), but I took the risk anyways.

Hopefully DK gets going, but not enough for Seattle to start winning :wink:

Return to The General NFL Board