Moderator: bwgood77

bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 57,368

Current QB Rankings 

Post#1 » by bwgood77 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:13 pm

Always tough.

QBR - https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/table/passing/sort/adjQBR/dir/desc
Regular Rating - https://www.espn.com/nfl/stats/player/_/table/passing/sort/QBRating/dir/desc

This is getting tougher.

Who do you take this season and who long term of younger guys.....top 10 of each (or less if you want)?
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Re: Current QB Rankings 

Post#2 » by bluejerseyjinx » Mon Dec 13, 2021 6:50 pm

I'm still taking the same guy I've had the past 3 years. Pat Mahomes. Nothing has changed for me. I know you like to find all kinds of ways to give Herbert a tongue bath every time you get a chance, but in my book Herbert can't even carry Mahomes' brief case.
azcatz11
RealGM
And1: 26,228

Post#3 » by azcatz11 » Mon Dec 13, 2021 11:55 pm

These are my PERSONAL current rankings assuming I have to win a game this year...

1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Pat Mahomes
4. Kyler Murray
5. Russell Wilson

For younger guys (sub 25)

1. Kyler Murray
2. Justin Herbert
3. Jalen Hurts
4. Mac Jones
5. Justin Fields
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,146

Post#4 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:14 pm

My top-10 as of now

*tier 1
1. Tom Brady
2. Aaron Rodgers
3. Patrick Mahomes
4. Kyler Murray
*tier 2
5. Justin Herbert
6. Josh Allen
7. Russell Wilson
tier 3
8. Dak Prescott
9. Matthew Stafford
10. Kirk Cousins

This list could change any given week.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#5 » by bwgood77 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 9:28 am

About Mahomes vs Herbert, I've said, after the first two years in the NFL, that Mahomes is better than any QB I have ever seen. Even in those two years I would put watching him play pretty much over anyone in any year, but particularly in his first two years.

Of course that was before really seeing Herbert too. I can't say I feel nearly the same about Herbert, but it is interesting Herbert has broken a number of Mahomes' records in the first couple years, and is #2 behind him in many others.

I can't say I'd take Herbert over Mahomes, and I'm not usually a super biased sports fan, but I definitely have some Herbert bias so it's also hard to say I wouldn't want him.

Herbert is very high IQ and probably has one of, if not the strongest arm in the game, and is very mobile and great on 3rd downs and under pressure.

I'd still of young QBs probably go

Mahomes
Herbert
Allen
Murray
Jackson

I don't know what to do with Watson.

Brady is tough for me to rank. In many respects he's the GOAT but there have only been a couple years he felt like the best QB in the NFL that year, which is odd.

I always feel like Brady benefits from extraordinary good luck...but championships do take luck, and great coaches (you see what Belichick is doing with another rookie...they look tougher than in Brady's rookie year). Arians a great coach too...he kept taking a crappy Cards roster with Carson Palmer or Drew Stanton to the top or near the top of the NFC West and winning 11 or 12 games...he is especially great with vet qbs...has worked with Big Ben, Peyton, Palmer and now Brady.

Rodger great too.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 64,482

Post#6 » by Duke4life831 » Thu Dec 16, 2021 8:50 pm

Youngins (25 and under)

1A. Josh Allen
1B. Herby
3. Murray
4. Big Mac
5. Burrow

Allen and Herby are basically tied in my opinion. When it comes to QBs Im always going to side with arm talent over mobility. The top 3 guys here have a great mix of both. I just like the arm talent of Allen and Herbert over Murray that is why I have them above him. With each passing game I like Mac more and more. Doesnt have the exciting arm strength, but damn he just makes the right decisions and throws all the time. I will admit there is a significant drop off from the top 3 and everyone else.

If the ranking was QBs Im taking now with say the next 7-10 years in mind. Just throw Patrick there and honestly, Id be happy with any of the 4 (Mahomes, Allen, Herbet, Murray). That is THE group. There is a significant drop off in my opinion to the next tier.
bwgood77
Global Mod
Global Mod

Post#7 » by bwgood77 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:12 am

I wonder how much hit helps your rankings or look great to have Hopkins. Murray suddenly became elite. Watson was always thought of as top 5.
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#8 » by azcatz11 » Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:17 am

Duke4life831 wrote:Youngins (25 and under)

1A. Josh Allen
1B. Herby
3. Murray
4. Big Mac
5. Burrow

Allen and Herby are basically tied in my opinion. When it comes to QBs Im always going to side with arm talent over mobility. The top 3 guys here have a great mix of both. I just like the arm talent of Allen and Herbert over Murray that is why I have them above him. With each passing game I like Mac more and more. Doesnt have the exciting arm strength, but damn he just makes the right decisions and throws all the time. I will admit there is a significant drop off from the top 3 and everyone else.

If the ranking was QBs Im taking now with say the next 7-10 years in mind. Just throw Patrick there and honestly, Id be happy with any of the 4 (Mahomes, Allen, Herbet, Murray). That is THE group. There is a significant drop off in my opinion to the next tier.

I believe you are significantly overrating "Big Mac" my friend. For example, if Zach Wilson was on the Pats he would be putting up similar numbers. He is a system QB and his ceiling is limited.
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#9 » by azcatz11 » Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:06 pm

Just curious everyone’s rankings now…I’ll post mine later
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics
And1: 14,425

Post#10 » by Cactus Jack » Mon Sep 12, 2022 11:31 pm

Tier 1
Allen
Mahomes
Brady
Rodgers

Tier 2
Herbert
Burrow
Stafford
Lamar
Kyler
Watson
Wilson
Dak
Dominater wrote:Damn Cactus jack takin over
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,562

Post#11 » by hermes » Tue Sep 13, 2022 12:55 am

i will be accepting all apologies on behalf of kirk cousins
Micah Prescott
Analyst
And1: 1,146

Post#12 » by Micah Prescott » Tue Sep 13, 2022 1:05 am

Kirk Cousins really is a very underrated QB. Guy has always been a solid player yet gets no respect at all for some reason.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#13 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 3:58 pm

Tier 1:
Allen
Mahomes
Herbert

Tier 2:
Brady
Rodgers

Tier 3:
Lamar
Murray
Cousins
Burrow
Stafford

Tier 1 to me are the freak superstars. Those are the 3 guys I watch and every time I watch them its hard to find legit flaws with their game.

Tier 2 are the two older all time greats that I dont think can match the physical gifts that the top 3 guys have, but they're still damn good and I would never bet against them.

Tier 3 are guys with legit flaws in their game, but are pretty damn good at what they're good at and they will improve your offense.
bluejerseyjinx
RealGM
And1: 3,242

Post#14 » by bluejerseyjinx » Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:29 pm

Your list is almost perfect. Take Murray and Scuzins out of there and you have it spot on.
Duke4life831
Forum Mod
Forum Mod

Post#15 » by Duke4life831 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:37 pm

bluejerseyjinx wrote:Your list is almost perfect. Take Murray and Scuzins out of there and you have it spot on.

Kirk's passer rating since joining the Vikings

4th
8th
4th
9th

Also keep in mind during that time he had a HC that purposely was trying to neuter the offense. Dont think its all that crazy to say Kirk is in the bottom portion of the top 10 for QBs. Murray is there mainly because he has his crazy physical traits. They're just too hard to overlook in my opinion.
azcatz11
RealGM

Post#16 » by azcatz11 » Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:50 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:Tier 1:
Allen
Mahomes
Herbert

Tier 2:
Brady
Rodgers

Tier 3:
Lamar
Murray
Cousins
Burrow
Stafford

Tier 1 to me are the freak superstars. Those are the 3 guys I watch and every time I watch them its hard to find legit flaws with their game.

Tier 2 are the two older all time greats that I dont think can match the physical gifts that the top 3 guys have, but they're still damn good and I would never bet against them.

Tier 3 are guys with legit flaws in their game, but are pretty damn good at what they're good at and they will improve your offense.

I would move Rodgers to Tier 1 - keep Brady Tier 2 - remove Kyler from Tier 3 and it’s perfect!
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#17 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Sep 13, 2022 5:51 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:
bluejerseyjinx wrote:Your list is almost perfect. Take Murray and Scuzins out of there and you have it spot on.

Kirk's passer rating since joining the Vikings

4th
8th
4th
9th

Also keep in mind during that time he had a HC that purposely was trying to neuter the offense. Dont think its all that crazy to say Kirk is in the bottom portion of the top 10 for QBs. Murray is there mainly because he has his crazy physical traits. They're just too hard to overlook in my opinion.

Guys like Cousins, Wilson & Dak can be really good to great if they have a very good supporting cast around them. Great game managers in a sense. But they also can't win without help. Kirk is in that 10-15 QB range for me.

Wilson was at his best with the Legion of Boom & Marshawn to lean on.

Dak is also at his best with weapons & a good o-line. Same with Cousins.

You take JJ & Cook away & make Zimmer the coach again, Kirk will struggle.
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#18 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Sep 13, 2022 7:41 pm

Duke4life831 wrote:Fields might be the worst starting QB at the moment

Duke4life831 wrote:Haha Trey Lance is so bad

Read on Twitter
hermes
RealGM
And1: 24,562

Post#19 » by hermes » Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:14 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:You take JJ & Cook away & make Zimmer the coach again, Kirk will struggle.

rodgers didn't have any receivers and struggled but that doesn't seem to be stopping many people from putting him in the top tier

are these career rankings or just this season?
Cactus Jack
Forum Mod - Supersonics
Forum Mod - Supersonics

Post#20 » by Cactus Jack » Tue Sep 13, 2022 8:36 pm

hermes wrote:rodgers didn't have any receivers and struggled but that doesn't seem to be stopping many people from putting him in the top tier

are these career rankings or just this season?

I'm assuming that him being the MVP the last two seasons has a lot to do with it.

Return to The General NFL Board