LightTheBeam
RealGM
And1: 10,573

Re: Matt Ryan to Colts! 

Post#21 » by LightTheBeam » Mon Mar 21, 2022 8:47 pm

Cactus Jack wrote:
RipPizzaGuy wrote:
Mamba Mentality wrote:
Panthers don't have the draft capital, unless Lynch capitulates and takes a 4th rounder. I get the feeling that the FO would rather roll with Jimmy another year than cut him or trade him for anything less than their asking price.

I mean thats basically it. Take the 4th, get completely out of his cap hit today.

Rolling with Jimmy over Lance next year is just dumb. The market has spoke on Jimmy. The last we saw of him wasn't pretty.

Time for this FO to swallow their pride and do whats best for the team.

His market is dead. No one wants to take on his contract. Their likely going to have to just release him at this point.

What are his realistic options? Carolina? Houston?

I think they cut him & he competes for a starting job. But he might have to settle for being a backup elsewhere.

Well if the Niners cut him, hes likely going to make under 10 million. So my guess is the team that trades for him does so while renegotiating the contract. Which is why I'm saying Carolina, and then basically converting his deal into a 2/30. Seems reasonable?

But even if they cut him, I'm fine as long as they do it now. We can get out of his entire contract if someone pays him. So immediate 18 million in savings, then an additional 7 as long as his new team gives him that much. Saves us 25 million to go sign players at positions of need.
slicedbread2
Analyst
And1: 2,714

Re: Matt Ryan to Colts! 

Post#22 » by slicedbread2 » Wed Mar 23, 2022 6:13 pm

Micah Prescott wrote:Is anyone else here clueless as to why the Falcons would make this trade? It looks horrible from every angle for them. I don't get it at all. Colts win big here.

Atlanta decided to do right by Matt Ryan. He probably went to them and asked to be moved to another team and the Falcons obliged by trading him out of the conference and going into a rebuild.

Honestly this team has been jinxed ever since the 28-3 fiasco that was a meltdown for the ages if there ever has been one. The Falcons held onto him and Julio Jones for far too long to the point their value depreciated. Arthur Blank was so adamant about trying to win a super bowl that he refused to accept the writing on the wall that told him that it was time to press the reset button.

Well there's a few other teams that could be looking for new/stopgap quarterbacks:

-Houston
-Pittsburgh
-Atlanta(that 40M dead cap is brutal)

Probably missing a few landing spots but oh well.

Return to The General NFL Board