UrbanLegendMD
General Manager
And1: 11

Post#21 » by UrbanLegendMD » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:16 am

J.Kim wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Green = Grass = Football Field...

It's soothing to my eyes damnit!

Green is color of money. I dont see them painting wall street green
First the federal government borrowed money; then gave the money to Bank of America; then I borrowed some of that money from Bank of America and gave it to the federal government; then the federal government gave the money back to Bank of America.
MHZ
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 531

Post#22 » by MHZ » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:24 am

It's an exciting time to be a part of RealGM. Based on the size of their basketball forums, plus word of mouth, I have no doubt these new boards will be successful.
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#23 » by studcrackers » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:42 am

anyway i can become a mod for the cowboys board? i was hoping with this expansion i could become a mod since im one of the most active posters on the nfl and baseball board :cry: i feel left out b/c all my friends are moving up and im stuck at this level.
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#24 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:52 am

i like the green color but i would like a darker green.
UTMCretin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#25 » by UTMCretin » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:40 am

Monkeyfeng06 wrote:does this also mean that realgm will lower its requirement like email registration and such to gain more posters? cause i remember its pretty hard to gain membership for realgm.

I think they already did make it easier to register by accepting a wider range of e-mail addresses, but I could be wrong
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 19,432

Post#26 » by Doctor MJ » Mon Apr 2, 2007 5:31 am

Fatty wrote:Seems kinda pointless to me. We never had enough posters and many teams don't have any fans (KC Chiefs)

It's undoubtedly an experiment. We'll have to see what happens. There is something to be said for a forum being to general to gain momentum, and let's remember that in basketball, the Toronto Raptor board wasn't the first board on the site, yet it now outpaces everything else pretty easily.
Getting ready for the RealGM 100 on the PC Board

Come join the WNBA Board if you're a fan!
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod

Post#27 » by Doctor MJ » Mon Apr 2, 2007 5:37 am

studcrackers wrote:anyway i can become a mod for the cowboys board? i was hoping with this expansion i could become a mod since im one of the most active posters on the nfl and baseball board :cry: i feel left out b/c all my friends are moving up and im stuck at this level.

Just some general stuff folks:

1) Lay off talk about mods on the boards.

2) Careful with PMs as well. RealGM is never short on people who'd like to be mods, so no need or use in PMing a mod introducing yourself.

With that said, obviously if the football boards grow to be basketball size, RealGM will need a lot more mods. No one expect that this means that everyone who wants to be a mod can be one, but mods of a board will be chosen from the posting population on that board whenever possible.

Doc

Next Coming
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1,625

Post#28 » by Next Coming » Mon Apr 2, 2007 5:38 am

I'm pretty excited about this and we will know that we've made it when Vince Young, Peyton Manning and Reggie Bush hate threads keep popping up.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,035
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#29 » by NO-KG-AI » Mon Apr 2, 2007 5:40 am

BTW Doc, I tried to PM a mod and it gave me the abuse message. Have the new mods pm receiving skills not kick in?
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
swede
Assistant Coach
And1: 6

Post#30 » by swede » Mon Apr 2, 2007 5:41 am

What's up all. :clap:

Already was best place to follow the NFL offseason, I can only imagine it's gonna get big.

Go 'Boys!
Cyborg21 wrote:Screw you Batum, throwing us under the bus, I hope we destroy these scum next year.
nesta
Sixth Man
And1: 241

Re: so... New NFL Forum 

Post#31 » by nesta » Mon Apr 2, 2007 6:14 am

Monkeyfeng06 wrote:what is Realgm's strategy now to get more poster on this forum??

link NFL Gridiron on the Realgm message board to this message board
Doctor MJ
Senior Mod
Senior Mod

Post#32 » by Doctor MJ » Mon Apr 2, 2007 8:55 am

NO-KG-AI wrote:BTW Doc, I tried to PM a mod and it gave me the abuse message. Have the new mods pm receiving skills not kick in?

There's evidently been some issues with forum mod's PMing capabilities with the recent changes. Globals are still sending and receiving message just fine as far as I know, so if it's important, I can relay to the guy. Otherwise, just hold tight for a little bit.

J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#33 » by J.Kim » Mon Apr 2, 2007 1:38 pm

Next Coming wrote:I'm pretty excited about this and we will know that we've made it when Vince Young, Peyton Manning and Reggie Bush hate threads keep popping up.

I'm personally excited because if those threads pop up soon, theres bound to be a Vince Young vs. Peyto Manning - Forehead Comparison thread too...I can't wait for the hilarity that ensues :D
HMFFL
Global Mod
Global Mod
And1: 7,989

Post#34 » by HMFFL » Mon Apr 2, 2007 10:17 pm

With all these forums realgm could have close or exceed 100 thousand registered users by the end of the year.
UrbanLegendMD
General Manager
And1: 11

Post#35 » by UrbanLegendMD » Mon Apr 2, 2007 10:28 pm

Think BIG Johnson. The goal should be 1 cool million
First the federal government borrowed money; then gave the money to Bank of America; then I borrowed some of that money from Bank of America and gave it to the federal government; then the federal government gave the money back to Bank of America.
Kid Vicious
Analyst
And1: 478

Post#36 » by Kid Vicious » Tue Apr 3, 2007 2:43 pm

This is awesome. Wait until the NFL season, this place is going to get real busy.
DelaneyRudd
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 9,340

Post#37 » by DelaneyRudd » Tue Apr 3, 2007 3:39 pm

Monkeyfeng06 wrote:i like the green color but i would like a darker green.

I agree. This shade of green is quite nice:

Return to The General NFL Board