Repeat?

Moderator: bwgood77

Pacersin2007
Sophomore
And1: 0

Repeat? 

Post#1 » by Pacersin2007 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 2:58 am

Personally, maybe with my homer goggles on, I think the Colts have a chance to repeat.

We lost Nick Harper (Starting DB) and Cato June (Starting OLB), but we always seem to draft well, and we will hopefully have a healthy Mike Doss to cover the loss of Harper (Somewhat, I heard somewhere Doss can play Safety).

June is going to be a bigger loss, but grabbing someone like Lawrence Timmons (LB, Florida State) could fill that hole. Not to mention veteran Rob Morris was re-signed.

So, dare I ask, can Peyton come one closer to Brady? :pray:
Wade3Iverson
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#2 » by Wade3Iverson » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:01 am

I think the Colts always had a chance to win even without a defense.

This time, however, its not going to be like last year where the defense carried them to the title.

Its going to probably be more like the years before where they had to rely more on their offense.....well actually somewhere in the middle now.
The best engine in the world is the vagina -- started with one finger, self-lubricating, takes any size piston and changes it's own oil every month. Pitty it's so temperamental
Pacersin2007
Sophomore

Post#3 » by Pacersin2007 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:05 am

Somehow I think otherwise. When Morris was inserted into the lineup, and Bob Sanders came back for the playoffs, that defense became rejuvinated.

I don't know about Corey Simon (DT)'s avaliability, but if he and Booger can both be there it'd be one heck of a wall for opposing rushers to get through.

We are without a second round pick this year (Tampa Bay for Anthony McFarland), but even so we can get a good player in the first round and this team is probably one of the top 5 in grabbing top tier talent in the latter rounds of the draft.

Of course, we have that Manning guy too.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#4 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:05 am

don't think they will repeat..... new england is going to be in the playoff again and this time...... patriots will win.... sorry, but they just got too many good players in this year's FA market and they have 2 1st round pick!!!!!!
Pacersin2007
Sophomore

Post#5 » by Pacersin2007 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:11 am

New England winning is a tired out cliche.

They don't have nearly as good a team as Indianapolis, Baltimore, or San Diego. They won't get past the Divisionals.
UrbanLegendMD
General Manager
And1: 11

Post#6 » by UrbanLegendMD » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:15 am

It's so hard to repeat and AFC is loaded. I don't see it happening. I think NFC team will win it next year.
First the federal government borrowed money; then gave the money to Bank of America; then I borrowed some of that money from Bank of America and gave it to the federal government; then the federal government gave the money back to Bank of America.
Pacersin2007
Sophomore

Post#7 » by Pacersin2007 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:25 am

Mind telling me which one?

I don't see any NFC team beating any AFC team in SB, but that's just me.
UrbanLegendMD
General Manager

Post#8 » by UrbanLegendMD » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:27 am

I went through that old dumb ass analysis. AFC is strong, so teams will beat up on each other. The Bears will have another easy ride through the NFC, and then face tired AFC team in the SB. Kinda like Mavs collapsed against the Heat.
First the federal government borrowed money; then gave the money to Bank of America; then I borrowed some of that money from Bank of America and gave it to the federal government; then the federal government gave the money back to Bank of America.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#9 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:37 am

NurbekIL wrote:I went through that old dumb ass analysis. AFC is strong, so teams will beat up on each other. The Bears will have another easy ride through the NFC, and then face tired AFC team in the SB. Kinda like Mavs collapsed against the Heat.

bears is not going back to SB. they messed up their FA market this year.
UrbanLegendMD
General Manager

Post#10 » by UrbanLegendMD » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:42 am

Monkeyfeng06 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

bears is not going back to SB. they messed up their FA market this year.

Whom do you have on your mind? It's NFC. I pondered on Carolina, but it's still Carolina. Philly, Dallas, Seattle? Maybe New Orleans is ready? I honestly have no idea
Pacersin2007
Sophomore

Post#11 » by Pacersin2007 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:42 am

I agree. Briggs (assuming he is going to be gone) is a huge loss, and though I don't paticularly know, I'm pretty sure they've lost other role players in FA too, along with some coaches.

I like Philadelphia as a sleeper team to challenge any team in the NFC. However, I think it's going to be a two horse race between San Diego and Indianapolis for the AFC Title, and, virtually, the NFL Title.
Fatty
Head Coach

Post#12 » by Fatty » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:43 am

Pacersin2007 wrote:New England winning is a tired out cliche.

They don't have nearly as good a team as Indianapolis, Baltimore, or San Diego. They won't get past the Divisionals.
New England is no doubt better than Indy and Baltimore. San Diego is debateable, if you want to go into a lengthy discussion, you're on
UrbanLegendMD
General Manager

Post#13 » by UrbanLegendMD » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:46 am

Fatty wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

New England is no doubt better than Indy and Baltimore. San Diego is debateable, if you want to go into a lengthy discussion, you're on

We'll see how their offense work outs, but I see it the same way. Though if McNair plays well, Bmore all the way (homerism)
Pacersin2007
Sophomore

Post#14 » by Pacersin2007 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:52 am

Fatty (and I find that quite funny :P), if it were any other time, I'd take you on.

Maybe some day I'll have to drop you a PM and we can have a nice lenghty debate on the subject. However, it's 1 AM, and I'm tired.

However, if I was going to say this, I'd say San Diego is the best team in the AFC, Indy second, and New England and Baltimore tied for third. I just like Baltimore's defense over New England's.
srt4b
Head Coach
And1: 93

Post#15 » by srt4b » Mon Apr 2, 2007 4:26 am

Indy's D got hot at the right time. The adversity they saw in the 2nd half of the season helped. They are going to be in the top 5 for the next 5-7 years unless the Colts have a massive breakdown in upper management.

New England, Indy, & San Diego are all a step above the rest. Any one can go on a run and take it all IMO.

No one from the NFC has a chance....none. The NFC is worst then the NBA East.
Pacersin2007
Sophomore

Post#16 » by Pacersin2007 » Mon Apr 2, 2007 3:16 pm

That's a strong statement. Take it from a Pacer fan, no sporting conference is worse than the NBA East. None.

However, the defense didn't get "hot", it got Bob Sanders. I find that him coming back and our defense becoming amazingly good against the run have something to do with eachother, no?
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,190

Post#17 » by LAKESHOW » Fri Apr 6, 2007 7:43 am

not a chance. see pittsburgh steelers.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
The_Child_Prodigy
Analyst

Post#18 » by The_Child_Prodigy » Fri Apr 6, 2007 11:13 am

Pittsburgh was a falling team. With Cowher rumours he would leave more jail birds. And roethlisberger sucking.

Colts will go to the playoffs but he rams will win it.

Rams offence> Colts offence

Rams defense> colts defense.

They have Peyton Manning but Marc Bulger is a top Qb.
J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#19 » by J.Kim » Fri Apr 6, 2007 3:43 pm

The_Child_Prodigy wrote:Pittsburgh was a falling team. With Cowher rumours he would leave more jail birds. And roethlisberger sucking.

Colts will go to the playoffs but he rams will win it.

Rams offence> Colts offence

Rams defense> colts defense.

They have Peyton Manning but Marc Bulger is a top Qb.

Rams Offence > Colts Offence?...

I hate the Colts, but that's quite a stretch.

Return to The General NFL Board