RealGM
And1: 26

Post#21 » by Wizards2Lottery » Thu Apr 5, 2007 3:45 pm

T.O is scared of Sean Taylor.
IggyTheBEaST
RealGM
And1: 0

Post#22 » by IggyTheBEaST » Thu Apr 5, 2007 7:08 pm

swede wrote:Brian Dawkins, Darren Sharper, Sean Taylor, Ken "The Hammer" Hamlin (preinjury), Zach Thomas, Roy Williams, Merriman, Bart Scott, Polamalu

Dawkins hands down, although it wont be him for much longer...
Ong_dynasty
Head Coach
And1: 351

Post#23 » by Ong_dynasty » Fri Apr 6, 2007 12:26 am

Just hitting,

Trotter and Michael Lewis deserve a mention.

Barber credits Trotter for one of the reasons why he decided to quit earlier and Lewis if gets you in the middle with a free hit watch out
studcrackers
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 6,100

Post#24 » by studcrackers » Fri Apr 6, 2007 3:29 am

Basketball Jesus wrote:Rodney Harrison is/was one of the most reckless hitters in the game. Of course all those simperin
Jugs wrote: I saw two buttholes
JohnnyBoy8102
Ballboy

Post#25 » by JohnnyBoy8102 » Fri Apr 6, 2007 7:11 am

I bet Michael Pittman would say Ray Lewis is still the hardest hitter in football.

The Majority of running backs would agree still I think.

Bob Sanders hits very hard too. That forced fumble in the Super Bowl was great.

Brian Dawkins, Al Wilson, Sean Taylor, Rodney Harrison, Zach Thomas all hit very hard.
Wade2k6
RealGM
And1: 77

Post#26 » by Wade2k6 » Fri Apr 6, 2007 4:32 pm

Merriman, Taylor and Williams
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,189

Post#27 » by LAKESHOW » Fri Apr 6, 2007 5:50 pm

that guys not the hardest hitter. the one on reggie bush was harder than that one. and that guy from the eagles aint a known hitter. the hardest hitter are not only the guys who bring those big type of crushing hits, but also guys that compile hard hits throughout the game. so that by the 4th quarter, the guys lookin around. ive never seen a guy say hes afraid to come across the middle, because hamlin is patrolling. hes a once in a while type of hitter.

troy polamalu, not thats a hitter. forgot the safetys name, but he used to play for denver, and previously for superbowl champion tampa bay buccaneers. those are hitters that are consistently hitting hard, one tell tale sign? they themselves are continuously getting concussions and injuries. the hardest hitters are not only those who punish others, but you'll usually see those guys on the injured list for hurting themselves with concussions and throwing their body.

troy polamalu had this one game, i think it was against the chargers. and he had an epic battle with the tight end from the chargers. maybe a couple of years ago. but he was hittin gates hard. but gates was a battler, he didnt give in. he was deliverin punishment himself. a tough fighter. but in the 4th quarter, there were times when gates was even lookin around himself for troy from the constant hits he was taken. in the end, the steelers won the game. gates put up a big fight. but the big hits were intimidating to the rest of the receivers, that no one else was doin any real damage.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Ong_dynasty
Head Coach
And1: 351

Post#28 » by Ong_dynasty » Fri Apr 6, 2007 6:01 pm

LAKESHOW wrote:that guys not the hardest hitter. the one on reggie bush was harder than that one. and that guy from the eagles aint a known hitter. the hardest hitter are not only the guys who bring those big type of crushing hits, but also guys that compile hard hits throughout the game. so that by the 4th quarter, the guys lookin around. ive never seen a guy say hes afraid to come across the middle, because hamlin is patrolling. hes a once in a while type of hitter.

troy polamalu, not thats a hitter. forgot the safetys name, but he used to play for denver, and previously for superbowl champion tampa bay buccaneers. those are hitters that are consistently hitting hard, one tell tale sign? they themselves are continuously getting concussions and injuries. the hardest hitters are not only those who punish others, but you'll usually see those guys on the injured list for hurting themselves with concussions and throwing their body.

troy polamalu had this one game, i think it was against the chargers. and he had an epic battle with the tight end from the chargers. maybe a couple of years ago. but he was hittin gates hard. but gates was a battler, he didnt give in. he was deliverin punishment himself. a tough fighter. but in the 4th quarter, there were times when gates was even lookin around himself for troy from the constant hits he was taken. in the end, the steelers won the game. gates put up a big fight. but the big hits were intimidating to the rest of the receivers, that no one else was doin any real damage.

Actually Sheldon Brown is known as a very good CB hitter. Not a feared one(which CB's are anyways?)

Your talking about John Lynch..I can give you that but Polamalu?really?He tackles well..But I dont think he tackles hard
JaxMagic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 325

Post#29 » by JaxMagic » Sat Apr 7, 2007 1:56 am

Nowak008
RealGM
And1: 4,303

Post#30 » by Nowak008 » Sat Apr 7, 2007 2:04 am

Sean Taylor gets my vote.

I think Roy is a bit overrated in that department.
John Hammond apologists:
emunney wrote:
Ron Swanson wrote: 9 YEARS!? like any of that matters

THAT LITERALLY IS HIS TENURE.
nesta
Sixth Man
And1: 241

Post#31 » by nesta » Sat Apr 7, 2007 3:55 am

dawkins
Elway=GOAT
Analyst
And1: 1

Post#32 » by Elway=GOAT » Mon Apr 9, 2007 6:39 am

Im a big fan of the big hits...I think some of you guys are forgetting Mr. Lynch, Taylor is an animal.

Here is just random videos I was looking at tonight.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=VlDGv7eOSaI

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fNFk8jBo1W8& ... ed&search=
J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#33 » by J.Kim » Mon Apr 9, 2007 11:28 am

JayDubya wrote:(picture)

I've always had this word association, in which when I think of Donovan Darius, I think up of the word cheap. I have no idea why though.
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#34 » by treiz » Mon Apr 9, 2007 12:45 pm

JayDubya wrote:(picture)

CLOTHESLINE!
JaxMagic
Forum Mod
Forum Mod
And1: 325

Post#35 » by JaxMagic » Mon Apr 9, 2007 5:01 pm

J.Kim wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I've always had this word association, in which when I think of Donovan Darius, I think up of the word cheap. I have no idea why though.

I think nuts when I think Darius. Anytime the dude gets a penalty called on him and they show his face he looks like he is going to kill osmeone. His eyes turn bloodshot and his veins like pop out of his head. Now thats what I want in a strong safety, lol.
chibearsfan
Junior
And1: 3

Post#36 » by chibearsfan » Mon Apr 9, 2007 7:48 pm

[quote="Nowak008"]Sean Taylor gets my vote.

I think Roy is a bit overrated in that department.[/quote]

True but isn't Roy a bit overrated in every department. I have to say Sean Taylor is the dirtiest player.
swede
Assistant Coach
And1: 6

Post#37 » by swede » Mon Apr 9, 2007 10:21 pm

Roy & Sean Taylor are tied for dirtiest IMHO.. Roy for his hit on Rod Smith in the probowl and Taylor for his hit on Moorman in the pro bowl.. both probably the highlights of any pro bowl I've ever seen.
Cyborg21 wrote:Screw you Batum, throwing us under the bus, I hope we destroy these scum next year.
Jose7
RealGM
And1: 6,877

Post#38 » by Jose7 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:26 pm

Sean Taylor, Brian Dawkins and Bernard Pollard.
BAF Suns

Chris Paul / Patrick Beverley / Shamorie Ponds
Buddy Hield / Timothy Luwawu / Stanley Johnson
Kendrick Nunn / Matisse Thybulle / Darius Miller
RJ Barrett / Kyle Kuzma / Dwayne Bacon
DeAndre Jordan / Kenrich Williams / DJ Wilson
Pierce 4 3
Sixth Man

Post#39 » by Pierce 4 3 » Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:52 pm

treiz wrote:As a CB I'd have to say Sheldon Brown....Reggie Bush witnessed it....:D

http://youtube.com/watch?v=eM6EauZ_LV4

There was another hit to a Cowboy that was equally good, but I can't find it....

DAMM!! That was a huge hit by Sheldon Brown! Reggie Bush took forever to recover from that HUGE BLOW!!! He got up, walked two steps, went back down then crawled on his fists.

BOW DOWN TO SHELDON BROWN
:bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:
MikeIsGood
RealGM
And1: 9,669

Post#40 » by MikeIsGood » Wed Apr 11, 2007 12:07 am

NurbekIL wrote:Gotta be a linebacker. Ray Lewis is getting old but still hits pretty hard.

Like hell it does. Getting hit by a safety can be like running into a brick wall.

Sean Taylor gets my vote.

Return to The General NFL Board