Madden Game Wish List

Moderator: bwgood77

Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
And1: 6

Madden Game Wish List 

Post#1 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:28 pm

- add all the features in the old gen to the next gen.
- finally map the faces of each players. all the players don't look like themselves. sometimes they lookd ridiculously stupid.
- offensive lineman actually blocks not scramble into one huge pile of players in the middle and the running back in stuck in the middle.
- don't give hester that speed raing of 100.......

add yours!
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Re: Madden Game Wish List 

Post#2 » by NO-KG-AI » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:41 pm

Monkeyfeng06 wrote:- add all the features in the old gen to the next gen.
- finally map the faces of each players. all the players don't look like themselves. sometimes they lookd ridiculously stupid.
- offensive lineman actually blocks not scramble into one huge pile of players in the middle and the running back in stuck in the middle.
- don't give hester that speed raing of 100.......

add yours!

If they don't let me edit player ratings, I won't be buying.

EA has horrible ratings, and its a shame that I have to undo their damage, but it is better than being stuck with guys being over/underrated (100 speed)
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
PR07
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 2

Post#3 » by PR07 » Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:41 pm

-Old Gen Franchise Features to New One
-Practice Squad
-MUCH BETTER NFL DRAFT. There should be an NFL Combine where you can work out players and get a feel for their game (receiving drills, blocking drills, running drills, etc.) to see which player you want to draft. More comprehensive NFL Draft Coverage during reg season, you should have like 3 scouts and be able to send them to scout certain players every week. Big Board during course of season to see who is rising and falling...maybe some Mel Kiper action. When the top players get drafted, have them walk to the stage and hoist up their new team's jersey and a hat.
-You should be able to talk players out of retirement with the incentive being money or winning a championship. It will be like the free agent list except it will be a retired players list. Let's say the Raiders want Will Shields, well he's willing to listen but it'll cost a bundle, meanwhile, the Colts will still have to break the bank, but not to that extent, as they are a championship caliber team.
-You should be able to clear salary cap penalties like on the xbox version. I like to trade a lot in Madden, I know it isn't very realistic, but for those that want the salary cap ramifications can keep it, but in the old version, for those that wanted to clear salary cap penalties they could, it would just cost your team all of its prestige.
-Allow to trade kickers and punters, it happens in the NFL you know.
-EDIT PLAYERS FEATURES. It was in the last one where you could change players to different positions which was pretty cool.
-Get rid of the radio play by play guy and bring back an actual commentating crew.
-More animations, such as one after winning the Super Bowl. I dislike it when you win the Super Bowl and that's it. Have a celebration, a little confetti, an inflatable lombardi trophy stage thing, players going crazy, random press people, someone hoisting the trophy, etc. The xbox madden kind of did this.
Fatty
Head Coach
And1: 11

Post#4 » by Fatty » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:19 pm

Cost less than 40$
UTMCretin
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 1

Post#5 » by UTMCretin » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:51 pm

Fix franchise mode, 2007's was godawful
Edit/create players. Pretty simplistic, so why did they leave it out?
Improve superstar mode, most positions are just horrible to use
More realistic tackling, I cannot stress this enough. Too many times have I tried tackling only to fly right by the guy with the ball like I'm trying to avoid him.

Essentially turn the game into an updated version of Madden 05
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#6 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed Apr 18, 2007 1:16 am

05 was the absolute worst IMO.

07 for PC was really good, but on any next gen it was horrid.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
RockyBalboa
Banned User
And1: 0

Post#7 » by RockyBalboa » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:26 am

add fan. draft for 360
SportsWorld
RealGM
And1: 133

Post#8 » by SportsWorld » Thu Apr 19, 2007 4:52 am

-expansion teams
-Create a stadium/Franchise Mode (again)
-SportsCenter highlights in-game
-Fake message boards where you can see what fans think of your team.
sunshinekids99
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 228

Post#9 » by sunshinekids99 » Thu Apr 19, 2007 10:26 am

Would like to see a more involved Draft. I think they can really get into the combine and the interview process.

The ability to add an expansion team without moving a team would be nice.

Better blocking for punt returns would be nice too. I don't want to see big returns all the time, but atleast least a chance for one every once in awhile would be nice.
GJense4181
Banned User
And1: 3

Post#10 » by GJense4181 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 3:15 am

The draft. It's pathetic. If I'm drafting a 4.3 speed linebacker, he should be the fastest lb in the game, not an 83 speed. If a lineman put up 36 reps on the bench, why does he have 90 strength? I don't care if their overall is worse than I expected, but if you're drafting a guy on potential and combine numbers those should not be misleading.
Too many times have I drafted a freak only to find him stunningly average, literally cutting him after one season.
Also, CPU teams need to actually draft needs. I've seen teams draft top 10 QBs three years in a row.
I'd also like to see character issues play a role in Madden. I don't think there should be a rating for it, but it should be a factor somehow.
I have a lot more. I play Madden ALL the time. I'll come back.
But the draft first and foremost bothers me.
Pierce 4 3
Sixth Man

Re: Madden Game Wish List 

Post#11 » by Pierce 4 3 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:26 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

If they don't let me edit player ratings, I won't be buying.

EA has horrible ratings, and its a shame that I have to undo their damage, but it is better than being stuck with guys being over/underrated (100 speed)

Ahmen to that!
Pierce 4 3
Sixth Man

Post#12 » by Pierce 4 3 » Mon Apr 23, 2007 1:28 pm

Not have lazy eyes and stiff faces all the time.
Klomp
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 17,947

Post#13 » by Klomp » Thu Apr 26, 2007 4:29 am

Be able to change player numbers. I think I signed Lance Schulters or someone and he was given number 0. WTF? At least let us change it.
tsherkin wrote:The important thing to take away here is that Klomp is wrong.
Esohny wrote:Why are you asking Klomp? "He's" actually a bot that posts random blurbs from a database.

Klomp wrote:I'm putting the tired in retired mod at the moment
BillyBongThorton
Junior

Post#14 » by BillyBongThorton » Thu Apr 26, 2007 8:35 pm

RockyBalboa wrote:add fan. draft for 360

YES... Please do this.
Pierce 4 3
Sixth Man

Post#15 » by Pierce 4 3 » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:43 pm

Stop overrating players to the max.
nesta
Sixth Man
And1: 241

Post#16 » by nesta » Fri Apr 27, 2007 2:56 am

what will make me buy the game

-make the game the money's worth
-at least 4 new stunning features
-surprise me

other wishes
-option to see technical play names.EG for slants, it could be called:Three-wide I 222 H-Swing. This way, I could learn football plays easier
-bring everything from current gen to old gen especially editing players, defensive playmaker/hot routes
-fix the ratings- get more than 1 person to work on ratings, make vick deadlier:) , devin hester should have 100 awareness for kick returns instead of 100 speed
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#17 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:24 am

:rofl:
JohnnyBoy8102
Ballboy

Post#18 » by JohnnyBoy8102 » Fri Apr 27, 2007 6:27 am

I know this sounds very minute..but I would love to have solo and assist tackles as well as 1/2 sacks.
WallacexDos
Junior

Post#19 » by WallacexDos » Fri Apr 27, 2007 10:07 pm

nesta wrote:what will make me buy the game

-make the game the money's worth
-at least 4 new stunning features
-surprise me

other wishes
-option to see technical play names.EG for slants, it could be called:Three-wide I 222 H-Swing. This way, I could learn football plays easier
-bring everything from current gen to old gen especially editing players, defensive playmaker/hot routes
-fix the ratings- get more than 1 person to work on ratings, make vick deadlier:) , devin hester should have 100 awareness for kick returns instead of 100 speed

creating 4 new stunning features is damn hard to do. not to mention not practical. if they were doing this, they would release one stunning new feature a year, as that big thing.

calling the plays technical play names is something you can do on your own. but not every team works with the same codes.

hester isn't 100 on returns. he's the new dante hall. :nod:

features i want:
allow improving players like they can in psp version. you can improve kick/punt return, speed, and a variety of odd games.
gang tackling for all platforms.
like the character issue. it would be cool to see there be a more emphasis on team chemistry. and some players are cancers on your team. they kind of had this last time, but everyone was always happy if you won. make some players way more greedy on money.
fix the salary cap. it is way too easy to stay under the cap number. your team should be forced into constant improvement/change.
don't allow all players who are physical freaks to be able to become great. while being athletic is a great assistant, even those have their own limitations. also don't allow players to change positions and become super-inflated in ratings.
make players fit for schemes, not schemes fit for players. players who play in a system that suits their style should put up better numbers. if you get put into a system that isn't strong for that players strengths they should grow upset and not move up.
J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#20 » by J.Kim » Sat Apr 28, 2007 4:30 am

I have a feeling this Madden will have a completely new and "better" Superstar mode. All three of the Madden 08 Commercials have been each of the three now-Sophmore (Young, Bush, Hester), addressing rookies and giving them "advice", so I have a feeling the upheaval will most likely be in the Superstar gameplay as opposed to the Dynasty or the in-Game gameplay....

Return to The General NFL Board