Isn't it all over?

Moderator: bwgood77

Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
And1: 6

Isn't it all over? 

Post#1 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:21 pm

Let's see here....... New England got:

Adalius Thomas..... the best defensive player in the FA market.
Donte' Stallworth..... the only homerun threat in Philly, a true burner
Kelly Washington..... a good WR from cincy but never used alot
Wes Welker....... a good PR from miami
Asante Samuel....... one of the emerging CB, but hasn't sign the contract yet

and now randy moss??? RANDY MOSS??? FOR A FOURTH ROUND PICK???? WTF!!!!!!!

new england just went crazy this off season. i'm truly upset that one team got all the good guys...... really? randy moss for a fourth round pick? thanks alot raiders! you just tip the balance of this league a whole lot more!!!

tom brady is spoiled..... SIGH........
UrbanLegendMD
General Manager
And1: 11

Post#2 » by UrbanLegendMD » Sun Apr 29, 2007 9:44 pm

Dont get your panties in a bunch just yet. They still got an aging defense even with Thomas. Plus, we'll see how it all works out on the field. Excited for the season though.
First the federal government borrowed money; then gave the money to Bank of America; then I borrowed some of that money from Bank of America and gave it to the federal government; then the federal government gave the money back to Bank of America.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,087
Location: The city of witch doctors, and good ol' pickpockets

Post#3 » by NO-KG-AI » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:12 pm

Games aren't won on paper.

How many times have we said "OMG THEY *insert team* IS GONNA WIN IT ALL" and they come up short?

How many times going into the playoffs has the favored team even won?? The pre-season favorite?
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#4 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:32 pm

yes.. but they are the new england patriots... not just some random team that got alot of good players... ITS THE FREAKING PATRIOTS!!!
The Rondo Show
Analyst
And1: 327

Post#5 » by The Rondo Show » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:51 pm

NurbekIL wrote:Dont get your panties in a bunch just yet. They still got an aging defense even with Thomas. Plus, we'll see how it all works out on the field. Excited for the season though.
Their D allowed the 2nd fewest points in the NFL last season and have since added Adalius Thomas (while taking him away from the team who allowed the fewest). Aging or not, their D is great.

I do agree that I wouldn't declare them the champs yet. The Patriots do look fantastic both defensively and offensively, though.
UKF
Assistant Coach
And1: 0

Post#6 » by UKF » Sun Apr 29, 2007 10:53 pm

^I agree its not the washington redskins...its the Patriots and they know how to use hat they got!
Markos
Starter

Post#7 » by Markos » Mon Apr 30, 2007 12:00 am

Well thats what happens when you use up your cap space wisely and stay patient. They could have gone nuts last year too because of the free space but decided not to. They were killed in New England for "being cheap" and being 9 million under the cap when season started. IN addition, they traded away their best receiver for no help.......In many ways they were crucified......but they didnt enter any long term commitments and entered this season 25+ under the cap
LegendKillah0808
Senior

Post#8 » by LegendKillah0808 » Tue May 1, 2007 10:31 pm

dont worry denver will knock them out
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#9 » by deeney0 » Wed May 2, 2007 7:23 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:How many times going into the playoffs has the favored team even won?? The pre-season favorite?

The last four years? NE, NE, Pit, and Ind were definitely in the top 3 pre-season favorites to win the last 4 years. NE in 04 and Indy last year were the overwhelming favorites.
Rich Rane
Senior Mod - Nets
Senior Mod - Nets
And1: 13,823

Post#10 » by Rich Rane » Wed May 2, 2007 7:45 pm

Pittsburgh, really? Was Big Ben that well known before that season?
Basketball Jesus
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 7

Post#11 » by Basketball Jesus » Wed May 2, 2007 8:26 pm

NurbekIL wrote:Dont get your panties in a bunch just yet. They still got an aging defense even with Thomas.

Technically speaking, every defense is aging. Unless, of course, they got some kind of awesome time machine they hid along the sidelines of games. The Pats, however, do not have an old defense
Manocad wrote:The universe is the age it is. We can all agree it's 13 billion years old, and nothing changes. We can all agree it's 6000 years old, and nothing changes. We can all disagree on how old it is, and nothing changes. Some people really need a hobby.
deeney0
RealGM
And1: 9

Post#12 » by deeney0 » Wed May 2, 2007 8:30 pm

Rich Rane wrote:Pittsburgh, really? Was Big Ben that well known before that season?

They went 15-1 the previous year. Yeah, he was.
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#13 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed May 2, 2007 9:11 pm

deeney0 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The last four years? NE, NE, Pit, and Ind were definitely in the top 3 pre-season favorites to win the last 4 years. NE in 04 and Indy last year were the overwhelming favorites.

Indy was not the overwhelming favorite last season, most had completely counted them out after multiple collapses. Pit barely got in the playoffs, and when Pit was the favorite, the Patriots knocked them off. I don't remember NE being the favorite in any of their years.
Doctor MJ wrote:I don't understand why people jump in a thread and say basically, "This thing you're all talking about. I'm too ignorant to know anything about it. Lollerskates!"
J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#14 » by J.Kim » Wed May 2, 2007 9:28 pm

NO-KG-AI wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

Indy was not the overwhelming favorite last season, most had completely counted them out after multiple collapses. Pit barely got in the playoffs, and when Pit was the favorite, the Patriots knocked them off. I don't remember NE being the favorite in any of their years.

That was the one trait all of the Patriots' superbowl winning teams had in common... Not a lot of people expected them to get by the so called "powerhouses"...

I wonder how this year will play out, since so many people will be picking them as the overwhelming favorites to win the Superbowl...
NO-KG-AI
Retired Mod
Retired Mod

Post#15 » by NO-KG-AI » Wed May 2, 2007 9:39 pm

Particularly the last one, where they knocked off Pittsburgh to get their. The whole secondary was decimated, and everyone thought the D would get torched.
IggyTheBEaST
RealGM

Post#16 » by IggyTheBEaST » Wed May 2, 2007 10:22 pm

Its called a good team ON PAPER. Remember the lakers

Payton
Kobe
Malone
Shaq
===========

ITBs Dream Team:

Iverson/Iggy/Lebron/Amare/Dwight

I <3 Thaddeous
UrbanLegendMD
General Manager
And1: 11

Post#17 » by UrbanLegendMD » Thu May 3, 2007 2:22 am

Randy knocks out Tom Brady in a bathroom for impregnating his sister. Perfect ending to this story.
First the federal government borrowed money; then gave the money to Bank of America; then I borrowed some of that money from Bank of America and gave it to the federal government; then the federal government gave the money back to Bank of America.
The Rondo Show
Analyst
And1: 327

Post#18 » by The Rondo Show » Thu May 3, 2007 3:25 am

NurbekIL wrote:Randy knocks out Tom Brady in a bathroom for impregnating his sister. Perfect ending to this story.
Ummm, that would never happen...Brady doesn't like black chicks.
Bleeding Green
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 13,875

Post#19 » by Bleeding Green » Thu May 3, 2007 4:30 am

New England looks to have a reasonably young defense last year. Seymour, Warren, Wilfork, Thomas, Colvin, Vrabel, Bruschi, Meriweather, Harrison, Hobbs, Samuel.

What's that, like 2 guys over 30? I'd prefer that Bruschi be a reserve, but eh whatever.
Manocad wrote:I have an engineering degree, an exceptionally high IQ, and can point to the exact location/area of any country on an unlabeled globe.
DelaneyRudd
Senior Mod
Senior Mod
And1: 9,340

Post#20 » by DelaneyRudd » Thu May 3, 2007 4:27 pm

With only 2 teams willing to give a 5th round pick or better for the guy, is it really that big of a steal? Do you think that if any team thought that Randy Moss would help them win an extra game they would have passed him up for some rookie from Missouri A&M? Moss is washed up and his personality won't be able to handle reality. New England is a good destination because it is probably the only team that will be able to tune out Moss being Moss.

Return to The General NFL Board