Vick Indicted

Moderator: bwgood77

Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,778

Post#61 » by Ayt » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:15 am

I'll also say I'll be shocked if one of the three other people indicted don't agree to a lesser sentence to testify against Vick. These guys are in some serious **** and one of them is likely to break.
Wizards2Lottery
RealGM
And1: 26

Post#62 » by Wizards2Lottery » Thu Jul 19, 2007 2:32 pm

Atter reading the 19 page indictment, its going to be hard for Vicks party to clear him from EVERY thing thats mentioned on it. They must have some really solid evidence based on what they are accusing him off.

Hes done. The NFL and the Falcons are facing too much pressure regarding this situation. The Humane Society has already sent out nation wide emails and phone calls and what not asking people to protest and ask the commish and the NFLPA tot ban Vick from the league.

Its going to be a huge blackmark on the league if Vick ever takes a single snap on the field again.
livestrong4ever
General Manager
And1: 140

Post#63 » by livestrong4ever » Thu Jul 19, 2007 8:12 pm

pittsburghlive wrote:"Between 2000 and 2005, 99 percent of the 435,000 federal criminal defendants prosecuted nationwide were convicted. The conviction rate was the same for the 2,130 criminal defendants prosecuted during that period in the Western District of Pennsylvania."

Vick Vick Vick just tell the truth.
Pierce 4 3
Sixth Man
And1: 0

Post#64 » by Pierce 4 3 » Thu Jul 19, 2007 10:57 pm

vick is gonna get what he deserves
captain_cheapseats
Starter
And1: 1

Post#65 » by captain_cheapseats » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:45 pm

livestrong4ever wrote:You have to be pretty naive to think this guy in innocent and brining up other cases and act like that proves anything towards this case. I really don't get that.

The idea is that there is a good reason why it's innocent until proven guilty in this country, and every once in awhile we see an example of that. The Duke lacrosse case is one such example, which is why people are bringing it up. People aren't saying "the Duke guys weren't guilty, so Vick must not be guilty." Obviously they are different situations, and obviously the Duke case was against the norm. What people are trying to point out to you is more along the lines of "when you assume someone is guilty before they are convicted, every once in a while, you come out looking like a complete *ss. Remember Duke lacrosse?" The Duke case is also a good example of the fact that it's impossible to fix the harm you do if you rush to judgment (those kids can't get their lost season and reputations back, the coach who was run out of town hasn't been given his job back, etc.), but so incredibly easy to just let the system run its course before you punish.
captain_cheapseats
Starter
And1: 1

Post#66 » by captain_cheapseats » Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:50 pm

As for the 99% are found guilty percentage....why have trials at all then? If everyone is so ready to use that statistic to convict Vick without trial, why not do the same with every person indicted?
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#67 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:34 am

RICHMOND, Va.
High 5
RealGM
And1: 2,078

Post#68 » by High 5 » Fri Jul 27, 2007 6:47 am

captain_cheapseats wrote:As for the 99% are found guilty percentage....why have trials at all then? If everyone is so ready to use that statistic to convict Vick without trial, why not do the same with every person indicted?

Those numbers are deceiving. I'm no law expert, but a lot of people plead guilty for various reasons. To get off as easy as they can and/or money problems being the main ones. I saw the numbers the other day that the percentage drops to ~75% when they go to trial.

Not saying Vick is innocent or even has a good chance of being innocent, but I just see the 95-99% number thrown around a lot.
LAKESHOW
RealGM
And1: 4,191

Post#69 » by LAKESHOW » Mon Jul 30, 2007 2:30 pm

hes guilty. but animal lovers are gonna want the death penalty for this one.
Home of the 17 Time World Champions
Ayt
RealGM
And1: 13,778

Post#70 » by Ayt » Mon Jul 30, 2007 3:45 pm

Ayt wrote:I'll also say I'll be shocked if one of the three other people indicted don't agree to a lesser sentence to testify against Vick. These guys are in some serious **** and one of them is likely to break.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2954244

Good job, Ayt.
livestrong4ever
General Manager

Post#71 » by livestrong4ever » Tue Jul 31, 2007 9:58 pm

captain_cheapseats wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

The idea is that there is a good reason why it's innocent until proven guilty in this country, and every once in awhile we see an example of that. The Duke lacrosse case is one such example, which is why people are bringing it up. People aren't saying "the Duke guys weren't guilty, so Vick must not be guilty." Obviously they are different situations, and obviously the Duke case was against the norm. What people are trying to point out to you is more along the lines of "when you assume someone is guilty before they are convicted, every once in a while, you come out looking like a complete *ss. Remember Duke lacrosse?" The Duke case is also a good example of the fact that it's impossible to fix the harm you do if you rush to judgment (those kids can't get their lost season and reputations back, the coach who was run out of town hasn't been given his job back, etc.), but so incredibly easy to just let the system run its course before you punish.

This is the feds man not some local DA.

This is the united states government vs Mike Vick.

How good of chance does vick have of winning?

And it is 95-99 percent found guilty. I will found the link later if you want.

This is nothing link the Duke case i hate when people compare them. That was one strippers word vs the players. This is the USA , 5 under cover cops, and now probably some one taking a plea deal . With all the other evidence of money trails, dead bodys, graves, fight pits.
High 5
RealGM

Post#72 » by High 5 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:40 pm

livestrong4ever wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I know Mike Vick guilty of at least some of the charges and I'm not defending him, but like I posted in the other thread, this 99% found guilty thing is deceiving. The percentage drops to ~75% when you include only the people who go to trial.
livestrong4ever
General Manager

Post#73 » by livestrong4ever » Tue Jul 31, 2007 10:57 pm

High 5 wrote:-= original quote snipped =-

I know Mike Vick guilty of at least some of the charges and I'm not defending him, but like I posted in the other thread, this 99% found guilty thing is deceiving. The percentage drops to ~75% when you include only the people who go to trial.

I thought it was 95 percent and 99 percent if you include the plea bargains.
High 5
RealGM

Post#74 » by High 5 » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:13 pm

I thought it was 95 percent and 99 percent if you include the plea bargains.

I read ~75% somewhere. It may have been the AJC. :dontknow:
J.Kim
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 23

Post#75 » by J.Kim » Tue Jul 31, 2007 11:56 pm

This is the feds man not some local DA.

This is the united states government vs Mike Vick.

How good of chance does vick have of winning?

This is nothing link the Duke case i hate when people compare them. That was one strippers word vs the players. This is the USA , 5 under cover cops, and now probably some one taking a plea deal . With all the other evidence of money trails, dead bodys, graves, fight pits.

Pretty good, if there's circumstantial Evidence in the trial. Remember. It's beyond a reasonable doubt, and the onus is on the Federal Government to prove Michael Vick's guiltiness beyond a reasonable doubt.

You're really arguing at this from a wrong point. It's not the Federal Government's authority which will eventually be the deciding factor in this trial, but rather, the mounds and mounds of evidence that will be shown and testified against Vick in this case, which will be the deciding point.
livestrong4ever
General Manager

Post#76 » by livestrong4ever » Wed Aug 1, 2007 9:54 am

Well the guy who is going to testify aganist vick saying he financed the whole thing and people seen him at dog fights, there was dog graves at his house. Dogs that that were marked from fighting. And dog fighting pit ring. At the trail they will proablly show pitctures of this sick stuff to the jury. And tell them how much harm and fear and pain these dogs felt before they died. For what . For pleasure of other human beings.

I really don't know what vick's defense is going to be with all of that. If 6 people say they seen you.With law officers, how do you get around it.
Monkeyfeng06
Banned User
And1: 6

Post#77 » by Monkeyfeng06 » Wed Aug 1, 2007 10:12 am

GG michael vick.

Return to The General NFL Board