A year later, was Mario Wiliams the right # 1 pick?

Moderator: bwgood77

Fatty
Head Coach
And1: 11

Post#101 » by Fatty » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:04 pm

Yes Mario Williams was the correct pick for the Texans
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#102 » by Icness » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:12 pm

I know their regional scout in this area has a major hard-on for Mike Hart, so we'll see what transpires from that. If he's there for their 3rd round pick it would be hard to fault them for taking a chance on him.

Part of their issues running the football is the interior OL being simply dreadful at doing anything other than phone-booth run blocking. They finally got a RT/RG combo that seems to work well together, so that should help out.

And I think Mario has answered the question pretty darn well the last half of this season. He's healthy and he's a beast. Certainly having more of a positive impact on his team than Bush in NO or D'Brick in NYJ, and those were options 1a and 3. I could buy either side of the Mario-Vince Young debate and he was option 2.
treiz
RealGM
And1: 564

Post#103 » by treiz » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:42 pm

HEY!!!

*homerism kicks in*

Brick has had a decent season, he's contained guys like Jason Taylor and Trent Cole(pass rushers). But has been abused by bull rushers like Jarvis Green. I wouldn't say he's had low positive impact.

*homerism exits*
Icness
NFL Analyst
And1: 129

Post#104 » by Icness » Sat Dec 29, 2007 10:31 pm

treiz wrote:HEY!!!

*homerism kicks in*

Brick has had a decent season, he's contained guys like Jason Taylor and Trent Cole(pass rushers). But has been abused by bull rushers like Jarvis Green. I wouldn't say he's had low positive impact.

*homerism exits*

It's not homerism when it's fact, and you are espousing facts, my friend!

I do think most Jets fans expected more from him though. IMO he sorely missed Pete Kendall, and that whole snafu should have been a strong sign that this was going to be a lost season for the Jets.

Return to The General NFL Board