ImageImageImage

D Wade

Moderators: theBigLip, Cowology, dVs33, Snakebites

Shooter1
Pro Prospect
And1: 67

D Wade 

Post#1 » by Shooter1 » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:07 pm

Anyone think that Dwayane Wade may be a great player like Grant Hill but with an injury riddle career. This was written today about Wade.

Miami coach Pat Riley admitted on Monday that Dwyane Wade's injuries last season were more serious than the team initially revealed. He said that Wade's shoulder was dislocated to an extent rarely seen by team doctors, and that he also sustained serious nerve damage.
This makes Miami's decision to bring Wade back for last year's playoffs seem even more unintelligent. Repercussions are being felt this season, as Wade battles through a host of injuries, some stemming from his off-season surgeries. Jan. 8 - 5:16 am et
Source: Miami Herald
princeofpalace
RealGM
And1: 1,636

Post#2 » by princeofpalace » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:31 pm

Well I feel sorry for Wade, all of that "Wade will do the right thing and come back" crap from both Shaq and Riley was really selfish in poor taste if the pair knew how bad Wades injuries were. Wade must really regret returning so early last season only to get swept by the bulls.
Low-Ki
Head Coach
And1: 2

Post#3 » by Low-Ki » Tue Jan 8, 2008 3:34 pm

I agree. The medical staff and trainers should have shut him down. Kander would have never let a Piston even contemplate such a possible comeback. Heads should roll - I mean the kid could never be the same.
Rip Hamilton is a stain on the Pistons franchise.
#1stunna
Junior
And1: 1

Post#4 » by #1stunna » Tue Jan 8, 2008 5:59 pm

I do have sympathy for any person that suffers a major injury, but with wade, not as much.

From 04-06 we all will never see a player like wade again. A player that offensively flopped EVERY occasion he had. A player that put on a acting show after almost every foul(then after the ft somehow hes healed back to normal). A player that somehow gained the respect of the officials like he was jordan in his 2nd year.

IMO everything thats about wade is whats wrong with "todays nba". Superstar phantom calls, winning games from 4th qtr fts, flopping, nba PR hyping unproven players like their gods, I could go on but you get my point.

I guess you could call it karma. I think rileys mindset is at winnow at all costs mode. Agreed about kander.
nasty daddy
RealGM
And1: 6

Post#5 » by nasty daddy » Tue Jan 8, 2008 11:24 pm

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3186900

Celtics guard Ray Allen has a pinched nerve in his neck and is doubtful for Wednesday's home game against the Charlotte Bobcats, coach Doc Rivers said.

"It's not anything that's going to last," Rivers said after practice Tuesday, adding he expects Allen to play Friday at New Jersey. "It's a pinched nerve, it is what it is. From my understanding, it's day to day."

Allen, who is averaging 18 points, doesn't know how he got hurt. He said he has been experiencing soreness in his right shoulder, tingling in his arm and numbness in his fingers for several days."The last two days or so it got a little worse to where I couldn't sleep," said Allen, acquired by the Celtics in a draft-day trade with Seattle. "Any way I turned, there was a real sharp pain back there."

Return to Detroit Pistons