ImageImageImage

Carsen Edwards

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,347

Carsen Edwards 

Post#1 » by flow » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:02 pm

The kid hit 8 straight 3-pointers in one quarter last night. And no one who followed him at Purdue was surprised.

Will he be another Steph Curry or Trey Young? Who knows. But for a team with a coach who is obsessed with 3-point shooting to the point of calling his offense 'a 3-point offense' (which Casey did at media day) to neither take him with pick 30, nor secure a high enough 2nd round pick via trade to take him there, is a real head-scratcher.

Guess no one in the Edwards family had ties to Arn Tellem.

And to compound it by taking a kid 4 picks later who is already considered a throw away bust.... The organization just can't get out of it's own way.
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,256

Re: Carsen Edwards 

Post#2 » by GreekAlex » Wed Oct 16, 2019 8:33 pm

I was big on him at the draft. I don’t know how high his ceiling is but I definitely think he’d be an explosive player off the bench as his floor.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,602

Post#3 » by BadMofoPimp » Wed Oct 16, 2019 10:21 pm

A 6' point guard who is not a solid distributor. But, he is probably better than Galloway for 5-15mpg off the bench

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
DTP
General Manager
And1: 6,765

Post#4 » by DTP » Thu Oct 17, 2019 6:50 am

BadMofoPimp wrote:A 6' point guard who is not a solid distributor. But, he is probably better than Galloway for 5-15mpg off the bench

Or you play him as a 6' shooting guard since there are other options on the team that can distribute. There's no way to get around that the decision was a real head scratcher. I was completely pissed with just about every move on draft night....Pistons being the Pistons.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#5 » by Pharaoh » Thu Oct 17, 2019 7:40 am

Are we gonna get a new thread for every draft prospect we coulda, shoulda drafted?

Personally I'd rather trade for Buddy Hield.

Luke + something might get it done considering Buddy is looking to get paid this off-season

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app
Uncle Mxy
General Manager
And1: 1,943

Post#6 » by Uncle Mxy » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:36 am

The Pistons already have a guy who once made 8 threes in a quarter.
DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,799

Post#7 » by DBC10 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 11:50 am

Pharaoh wrote:Are we gonna get a new thread for every draft prospect we coulda, shoulda drafted?

Luke + something might get it done considering Buddy is looking to get paid this off-season

Now there's an idea. He's going to want too much though. A max on Buddy Hield?
DCintheD
Sixth Man
And1: 653

Post#8 » by DCintheD » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:45 pm

flow wrote:The kid hit 8 straight 3-pointers in one quarter last night. And no one who followed him at Purdue was surprised.

Will he be another Steph Curry or Trey Young? Who knows. But for a team with a coach who is obsessed with 3-point shooting to the point of calling his offense 'a 3-point offense' (which Casey did at media day) to neither take him with pick 30, nor secure a high enough 2nd round pick via trade to take him there, is a real head-scratcher.

Guess no one in the Edwards family had ties to Arn Tellem.

And to compound it by taking a kid 4 picks later who is already considered a throw away bust.... The organization just can't get out of it's own way.

I'll never get over how blatant of a conflict of interest that was. Screw over the organization so Arn Tellum's kid can represent an "nba" player. The team finally did something right by trading for an extra 1st (something they NEVER do) only to turn around and throw it away. This sh^t pisses me off so much. The talent in that range was so deep and we end up with a euro project who will most likely never develop here.
RIP PALACE OF AUBURN HILLS
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,347

Post#9 » by flow » Thu Oct 17, 2019 5:53 pm

Pharaoh wrote:Are we gonna get a new thread for every draft prospect we coulda, shoulda drafted?

If they ball out...yeah.

And to be clear, I wasn't pining for them to take Edwards (though I did admire how fearlessly he plays); I'm not obsessed with having a 3-point-centric offense. But our coach is. So when a 3-point killer like Edwards is just sitting there for the taking at 30, it's a little odd that they passed him up.
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#10 » by Pharaoh » Thu Oct 17, 2019 9:37 pm

DBC10 wrote:

Apparently he's seeking 4 years $110 mil.

IDK what the max is anymore but the Kings didn't offer him that and appear pretty far apart.

I'd do a deal for him if he agreed to the extension. At worst he's the first building block in a rebuild.

DBC10
General Manager

Post#11 » by DBC10 » Thu Oct 17, 2019 10:41 pm

Pharaoh wrote:
DBC10 wrote:

IDK what the max is anymore but the Kings didn't offer him that and appear pretty far apart.

I'd do a deal for him if he agreed to the extension. At worst he's the first building block in a rebuild.

He's already 27 and maybe has 2 really good years left before he starts becoming just an average starter as he ages. I don't know if I would ever include him in a rebuild.
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#12 » by Pharaoh » Fri Oct 18, 2019 1:39 am

DBC10 wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:
DBC10 wrote:

He's already 27 and maybe has 2 really good years left before he starts becoming just an average starter as he ages. I don't know if I would ever include him in a rebuild.
27 and only 2 more years left? WTF?

DBC10
General Manager

Post#13 » by DBC10 » Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:05 am

Pharaoh wrote:
DBC10 wrote:
Pharaoh wrote:Apparently he's seeking 4 years $110 mil.

27 and only 2 more years left? WTF?

I said 2 really (potentially fringe all-star) good years, maybe 3. Would you really want to pay/locked in max money to Buddy when he's in his 30s?

Besides, that's not what's important. I don't believe you would start a "rebuild" by locking yourself into the Buddy Hields of the world. I'd only get him if we had a solid plan of building around Blake instead. Then that actually makes a lot of sense.
Pharaoh
RealGM

Post#14 » by Pharaoh » Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:21 pm

Lock him up for 4 years, 3 of those he's the #2 option behind Blake.

At the end of that deal he's 31 - hardly ancient in the modern NBA.

Ideally we'd get to keep Luke but I'd imagine the Kings would want a young gun under team control.

The_Hater
GHOAT (Greatest Hater Of All Time)
And1: 40,048

Post#15 » by The_Hater » Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:54 pm

flow wrote:The kid hit 8 straight 3-pointers in one quarter last night. And no one who followed him at Purdue was surprised. .

It’s a little surprising since he only shot 39% from the floor and 35% from the arc last season at Purdue. He did have a great tournament though.

He can definitely heat up, but if his shot isn’t falling he brings little else. Patty Mills is still a really good comp for him.
AthensBucks wrote:Lowry is done.
Nurse is below average at best.
Masai is overrated.
I dont get how so many people believe in the raptors,they have zero to chance to win it all.

April 14th, 2019.
The_Irony
Lead Assistant
And1: 411

Post#16 » by The_Irony » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:04 pm

That pick 30 fiasco will burn us for atleast 4 or 5 seasons
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#17 » by edmunder_prc » Mon Oct 21, 2019 5:56 pm

The_Irony wrote:That pick 30 fiasco will burn us for atleast 4 or 5 seasons

Im not going that far, but all the little things combined make the Pistons a mediocre team with little upside coming soon (maybe Sekou is a winning ticket in 2-3 years).
The_Irony
Lead Assistant
And1: 411

Post#18 » by The_Irony » Mon Oct 21, 2019 8:02 pm

edmunder_prc wrote:
The_Irony wrote:That pick 30 fiasco will burn us for atleast 4 or 5 seasons

Im not going that far, but all the little things combined make the Pistons a mediocre team with little upside coming soon (maybe Sekou is a winning ticket in 2-3 years).

I meant as in one of the following: kevin porter jr, carsen edwards , kz or bruno fernando will have a significant 4 or 5 years being a solid pro. Something i dont see deividas becoming

Return to Detroit Pistons