ImageImageImage

Thread for trade deadline 2020!

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

Sort
Rookie
And1: 444

Re: Thread for trade deadline 2020! 

Post#501 » by Sort » Sun Jan 26, 2020 4:55 pm

I take it as a good sign Pistons haven't made any moves yet. They have a few pieces teams can talk themselves into come deadline pressure. That's when the best deals will likely happen. I don't like how much we're hearing about it - Ed's playing his hand a little too loudly.

I predict one insignificant move (a trade involving two names 99 percent of fans don't know), one trade Piston bloggers will love, and one everyone but the other team and its fan will agree is stupid. But Pistons are doing too much work and are too shaky of ground not to give a little.
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#502 » by 440BB » Sun Jan 26, 2020 11:19 pm

An injury that occurs in the next week somewhere across the league may be the best chance of the Pistons getting some real value in a trade at this point.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,593

Post#503 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:07 pm

Manocad wrote:I think we may want to start getting used to the idea of a very disappointing trade deadline. Regardless of what the management is thinking or what other teams are offering, I'll try to inject a little reality into the situation...the only things we KNOW to be true--or at least can assume to be true--is what has been reported by reputable media sources. And that hasn't been jack diddly.

Point being, it may not be a case of management not going all in on a rebuild or other teams throwing up nothing but garbage trade offers. There may not be any offers at all. And that certainly could be a case of teams waiting until the deadline in order to play on another's team's desperation in order to get a better deal. But it also is certainly possible that no one is interested in what the Pistons can offer.

I would be willing to bet that there are teams out there that have contacted the Pistons regarding Rose's availability due to his production versus cheap contract he has.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,101

Post#504 » by Kilo » Mon Jan 27, 2020 4:32 pm

If true, we probably won't be trading Rose -

First, I was able to ask a question and asked Arn about Derrick Rose. I told him that i’d recently read an article in the Athletic about how Rose is a piston mainly because of him, and was wondering if he could expand upon how his legal experience sort of lead into representing a player like that and ultimately seeing a deal come together this offseason. His answer was incredible- he said Derrick calls him pops and used to sleep at his house all the time, and also mentioned that the reason they’re so tight is because he stuck by him through the injuries (when he was shooting hoops in an empty gym because he was out of a job) and he knew he’d find a way to bounce back because he still had a lot more to give to basketball. He went on to say we’re aiming to keep Derrick through his contract and even further beyond that because he’s such an incredible player and person.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DetroitPistons/comments/eu7q0n/some_insight_from_the_sports_law_panel_with_arn/

I guess this does go to the rumor that Detroit would only trade Rose if he asked, I think it was Pincus who reported that a week or so ago.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
Drwho17
Sixth Man
And1: 332

Post#505 » by Drwho17 » Mon Jan 27, 2020 5:29 pm

Just wait, the value will go up. Andre Drummond moves Boston to favorite, Derrick Rose can bring a bench up to par, Philly could use them, in this year teams might just try to go for it, Pistons have some desirable pieces. I wouldn't move either without a 1st round pick coming back at least, Rose is on a good contract.

I mean the Pistons don't have to move either of these guys, they must get future pieces back.
JRK
Freshman
And1: 67

Post#506 » by JRK » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:14 pm

I hope we trade Drummond and Rose any anyone else with some value. Then go tank and start rebuilding from this mediocrity we are stuck for years.
Hard work pays off. Nothing worth having comes easy.
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,374

Post#507 » by Billl » Mon Jan 27, 2020 6:37 pm

Hard not to love how rose is playing, but he's killing the tank here. At this point, trading him for nothing is like trading him + #10 pick for the #6 pick.
El Chivo
Starter
And1: 969

Post#508 » by El Chivo » Tue Jan 28, 2020 1:23 pm

if they don't sell after these 3 losses...
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
MI_TR
Ballboy
And1: 3

Post#509 » by MI_TR » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:17 pm

Rose is bad in every way for the Pistons.

He is a ball dominant point guard that would prefer to get a pick, run to the basket and shoot. Everyone stands around watching him. He doesnt even really look for guys rolling to the basket. Or maybe the offense isnt set up that way.

So he doesnt make any of the young guys better. He takes all the big shots. Guys all stand around and if he gets trapped they dont know what to do because the play was for Rose to go do something. No confidence in anyone else from Casey. Rose go win isnt helpful for anyone else.

Then Rose also wins a few games against other bad teams, which hurts the tank.

Its lose, lose.

He seems like a cool guy, plays hard, teammates like him, etc. I like him MUCH more than Drummond and Blake. But trade him for assets.
LaSheed
Bench Warmer
And1: 562

Post#510 » by LaSheed » Tue Jan 28, 2020 4:18 pm

El Chivo wrote:if they don't sell after these 3 losses...

No kidding.
Crymson
Rookie
And1: 468

Post#511 » by Crymson » Wed Jan 29, 2020 1:08 am

Two-year mark from the Griffin is tomorrow. What an utter farce, an incredibly stupid last-gasp effort from a desperate and maladoirt GM. It set this franchise back years. I still do not understand how anyone could have thought it was a wise move. It was unbelievably dumb. Like, fundamentally dumb. On every level. Thanks, SVG! And thanks, Gores!
Roddy B for 3
Analyst
And1: 1,039

Post#512 » by Roddy B for 3 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:07 am

I'm working on a T&T board idea. I'm wondering what Pistons fans think of this outline of a trade

Pistons in: 2020 Brooklyn (lotto protected indefinitely) 1st round pick + Gougi Deing (16million left on his contract next year) + Chandler Parsons (19 million expiring contract)

Pistons out: Andre Drummond + Markieff Morris
7/1/2019
(I broke a mirror on 7-1-2012)
Crymson
Rookie
And1: 468

Post#513 » by Crymson » Wed Jan 29, 2020 3:12 am

Roddy B for 3 wrote:I'm working on a T&T board idea. I'm wondering what Pistons fans think of this outline of a trade

Pistons in: 2020 Brooklyn (lotto protected indefinitely) 1st round pick + Gougi Deing (16million left on his contract next year) + Chandler Parsons (19 million expiring contract)

That trade is illegal under the CBA, and would push the Pistons far into luxury tax territory if it were. And how is Dieng, who plays for the Timberwolves, getting involved in a trade between the Hawks and Pistons? And why would Atlanta value Morris, who will, like Drummond, opt out in the summer anyway?
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 14,761

Post#514 » by Snakebites » Wed Jan 29, 2020 4:13 am

Crymson wrote:
Roddy B for 3 wrote:I'm working on a T&T board idea. I'm wondering what Pistons fans think of this outline of a trade

That trade is illegal under the CBA, and would push the Pistons far into luxury tax territory if it were. And how is Dieng, who plays for the Timberwolves, getting involved in a trade between the Hawks and Pistons? And why would Atlanta value Morris, who will, like Drummond, opt out in the summer anyway?

I think it's probably a 3 way trade and he only showed the Pistons ingoing/outgoing.

I still don't see an outline for a trade that works from our perspective though.
sfballa13
Assistant Coach
And1: 928

Post#515 » by sfballa13 » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:38 am

To Los Angeles: Rose + Kieff
Lakers give up Kuzma for a big PG upgrade and Kieff off the bench

To OKC: Blake, Reggie Jackson, Kuzma, Cook
Kuzma is a nice young piece to add to their re-build and Blake is a fan favorite in Oklahoma and could still give the Thunder some decent play/ticket draw

To Charlotte: Drummond, Snell, Thomas
MJ goes after a young center to pair up with Bridges/Graham

To Detroit: CP3, Steven Adams, Biyombo, Cody Zeller, Cousins
Pistons move on from Blake and hope CP3/Adams can be traded

CP3 / Brown
Kennard / Svi
Doumbouya / -------
-------- / -------
Adams / Zeller

That's only 7 players on contract, fill out the roster with cheap young players and finally tank properly. CP3 and especially Adams should be easier to trade in the offseason. Worst case ride out Adams for one more year and see if you can move CP3 when he is in his last year of his deal.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,340

Post#516 » by buzzkilloton » Wed Jan 29, 2020 5:55 am

Just trade any of these bums on our roster please.
Han Solo
General Manager
And1: 7,443

Post#517 » by Han Solo » Wed Jan 29, 2020 11:59 am

Kilo wrote:If true, we probably won't be trading Rose -

First, I was able to ask a question and asked Arn about Derrick Rose. I told him that i’d recently read an article in the Athletic about how Rose is a piston mainly because of him, and was wondering if he could expand upon how his legal experience sort of lead into representing a player like that and ultimately seeing a deal come together this offseason. His answer was incredible- he said Derrick calls him pops and used to sleep at his house all the time, and also mentioned that the reason they’re so tight is because he stuck by him through the injuries (when he was shooting hoops in an empty gym because he was out of a job) and he knew he’d find a way to bounce back because he still had a lot more to give to basketball. He went on to say we’re aiming to keep Derrick through his contract and even further beyond that because he’s such an incredible player and person.

https://www.reddit.com/r/DetroitPistons/comments/eu7q0n/some_insight_from_the_sports_law_panel_with_arn/

I guess this does go to the rumor that Detroit would only trade Rose if he asked, I think it was Pincus who reported that a week or so ago.

I’m fine with him being a Piston for the rest of his career. I love D Rose.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,340

Post#518 » by buzzkilloton » Wed Jan 29, 2020 12:14 pm

MI_TR wrote:Rose is bad in every way for the Pistons.

He is a ball dominant point guard that would prefer to get a pick, run to the basket and shoot. Everyone stands around watching him. He doesnt even really look for guys rolling to the basket. Or maybe the offense isnt set up that way.

So he doesnt make any of the young guys better. He takes all the big shots. Guys all stand around and if he gets trapped they dont know what to do because the play was for Rose to go do something. No confidence in anyone else from Casey. Rose go win isnt helpful for anyone else.

Then Rose also wins a few games against other bad teams, which hurts the tank.

Its lose, lose.

He seems like a cool guy, plays hard, teammates like him, etc. I like him MUCH more than Drummond and Blake. But trade him for assets.

It would be Pistons style play to hold him when his value high to try to win more games the next couple seasons. Lets all remember here this is guy who hasnt been healthy since 2010. It makes no sense to keep him around when we can turn him into assets. We can get another veteran leader whos not a ball hog to be a leader for the young guys in the offseason.
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#519 » by 440BB » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:02 pm

It really comes down to the deal Rose made with the Pistons. I always thought the Tellem connection not only made him comfortable but likely included favorable terms for Rose, some form of a gentleman's agreement. He may have veto power and no desire to leave.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,871

Post#520 » by MotownMadness » Wed Jan 29, 2020 2:06 pm

Gonna be very dissapointed if we dont move Rose. Hes our best asset and only thing stopping us from being up there at the top for worst in the league.

We seem to be sucking just fine with him but without him we could be really bad.

Return to Detroit Pistons