ImageImageImage

Justin Patton

Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Re: Justin Patton 

Post#21 » by 440BB » Sun Jun 28, 2020 1:20 am

Nice pickup with little downside. If his foot injuries are behind him we should get good value.

If we search out a few competitive young guys who've had a setback or two and a chip on their shoulder, we're on the right track. That's a tradition for building a good Pistons team.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,565

Post#22 » by Pharaoh » Sun Jun 28, 2020 2:36 am

440BB wrote:Nice pickup with little downside. If his foot injuries are behind him we should get good value.

If we search out a few competitive young guys who've had a setback or two and a chip on their shoulder, we're on the right track. That's a tradition for building a good Pistons team.
Agreed.

We need guys that are pissed the **** off about being overlooked, underestimated or underappreciated.

Need a Ben Wallace type of guy to set the tone as far as attitude and work ethic, someone that driven.

If we don't have that guy on the roster yet we need to get him

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app
tradez401
Starter
And1: 613

Post#23 » by tradez401 » Sun Jun 28, 2020 6:22 am

im not familiar with j patton but hes young and a new age center that spreads the floor not bad at all.
Mr Peanut
Starter
And1: 2,262

Post#24 » by Mr Peanut » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:59 am

Solid move. I'd be keen to pick up Allonzo Trier with a similar type of contract also if possible.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#25 » by chrbal » Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:24 pm

I’d be ok with trier, cut khyri and see what happens
vic
Veteran
And1: 1,044

Post#26 » by vic » Tue Jun 30, 2020 4:48 pm

Love the pickup. His college stats look highly acceptable for a big. The vote of confidence from Troy definitely makes me a believer.

But even better getting another project hopefully means we won't be drafting a big.

And hopefully it means Wood will be playing the 4, as well as not getting overpaid. I hope it doesn't mean Wood is being pushed out.
You need 2-way wings, 2-way shooting bigs, and you can't allow low iq players on the court. Assist/turnover ratio is crucial. Shooting point guards are icing on the cake IF they are plus defenders.
Weaver & Casey, govern yourselves accordingly!
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,665

Post#27 » by Invictus88 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 7:42 pm

vic wrote:Love the pickup. His college stats look highly acceptable for a big. The vote of confidence from Troy definitely makes me a believer.

But even better getting another project hopefully means we won't be drafting a big.

And hopefully it means Wood will be playing the 4, as well as not getting overpaid. I hope it doesn't mean Wood is being pushed out.

There is extremely low commitment on this from the Pistons as next year's salary is completely non guaranteed. He hasn't eclipsed single digits in games played in any season he has been in the league. We also still have plenty of unfilled roster spots; including big holes at the 4 & 5 spots.

I think it's foolish to try and draw any conclusions from this regarding Wood or any other moves related to bigs.
rmfc
Assistant Coach
And1: 936

Post#28 » by rmfc » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:20 pm

Hope the signing works out. Need all the help we can get.
BJK1
Senior
And1: 333

Post#29 » by BJK1 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:38 pm

They needed another big regardless of whether Wood resigns or not. I like that they took a chance on a young, developmental one. I expect they’ll add another big as well, but probably a more “proven” type. Maybe even re-signing Henson for a year.
chrbal
RealGM

Post#30 » by chrbal » Wed Jul 1, 2020 1:24 am

vic wrote:Love the pickup. His college stats look highly acceptable for a big. The vote of confidence from Troy definitely makes me a believer.

It’s more likely that he plays for Grand Rapids then Detroit next year. If he has a good preseason, he’ll make a good project. His presence doesn’t affect Christian Wood being a priority or not. He should be by the way
edmunder_prc
Sixth Man
And1: 813

Post#32 » by edmunder_prc » Thu Jul 9, 2020 2:50 pm

I want Donte Hall to get as much playing time as possible because he has a very high ceiling (in my opinion). Just watching him jump with his arms out is incredible, he has a great build.

It says 6'9" but I think he is closer to 7ft with that kind of length.

So if Patton is lightning in a bottle, a Wood clone, great. But I want to see Hall play.

No Thon, No Henson. There isnt any upside to that.
chrbal
RealGM

Post#33 » by chrbal » Thu Jul 9, 2020 11:18 pm

Donta hall should get a camp invite. I think Detroit is done with thon, but I could see them sign Henson on an affordable 2 year contract just to have a veteran up front.

Edit
Immediately after posting this I saw that the nets signed donta

Return to Detroit Pistons