ImageImageImage

Unofficial Fanboy Trade Ideas Thread

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

tradez401
Starter
And1: 621

Re: Unofficial Fanboy Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#101 » by tradez401 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:29 pm

drummond, ish, blake, and bruce brown are the only players i'd keep everybody else is trade bait.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,972

Post#102 » by MotownMadness » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:43 pm

Mudiay looks like he’s finally starting to put it together. Wouldn’t mind trying him but either way there’s lots in NY to trade with.
vege
RealGM
And1: 4,349

Post#103 » by vege » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:10 pm

Canadafan wrote:Would Brooklyn do that? I doubt it. Feel like Russell is their PG now and future.

PG is the easiest position to fill and the least important for us because of Blake. I'm sure if Brooklyn doesn't want to trade Russell for our pick we can find someone else to trade us a PG for a 1st.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Post#104 » by buzzkilloton » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:33 pm

MotownMadness wrote:Mudiay looks like he’s finally starting to put it together. Wouldn’t mind trying him but either way there’s lots in NY to trade with.

I'm interested in multiple knicks guards. Thing is i dont want to give up a 1st rounder for any of them. Casey has shown he can develop late first-2nd round picks in the past with guys like OG/Siakam/FVF. SVG has traded a bunch of our future 2nds I dont want to take away our ability to land young talent. A big reason why we've got literally no depth on this team is SVG bad drafting and developing.

Wonder if we could move Stanley or Kennard in a deal for some of these guys and keep some of our picks. Were never going to get out of this hole without hitting on some draft picks.
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,253

Post#105 » by thesack12 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:42 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:Mudiay looks like he’s finally starting to put it together. Wouldn’t mind trying him but either way there’s lots in NY to trade with.

I'm interested in multiple knicks guards. Thing is i dont want to give up a 1st rounder for any of them. Casey has shown he can develop late first-2nd round picks in the past with guys like OG/Siakam/FVF. SVG has traded a bunch of our future 2nds I dont want to take away our ability to land young talent. A big reason why we've got literally no depth on this team is SVG bad drafting and developing.

Wonder if we could move Stanley or Kennard in a deal for some of these guys and keep some of our picks. Were never going to get out of this hole without hitting on some draft picks.

Detroit has its '19 2nd rounder, but after that won't have another one until 2024.

Not all of that is on SVG however, Stefanski gave up the 2021 and 2023 second rounders for the rights to Khyri Thomas.

But yes, the terrible drafting of the SVG regime has seriously hamstrung this team.

We gotta hope that Gores will finance the outright purchase of a few 2nds in the upcoming drafts.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#106 » by MotownMadness » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:46 pm

buzzkilloton wrote:

Yeah I’m not moving any 1st for anything they got but something can possibly be worked out somehow
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#107 » by MotownMadness » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:48 pm

thesack12 wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:

Detroit has its '19 2nd rounder, but after that won't have another one until 2024.

Not all of that is on SVG however, Stefanski gave up the 2021 and 2023 second rounders for the rights to Khyri Thomas.

But yes, the terrible drafting of the SVG regime has seriously hamstrung this team.

We gotta hope that Gores will finance the outright purchase of a few 2nds in the upcoming drafts.

Did he really give that up for Thomas? I thought he just traded our 2nd in that draft along with one more to move up a few spots with Philly.

So basically we gave up one 2nd rounder for Thomas
thesack12
RealGM

Post#108 » by thesack12 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:54 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
buzzkilloton wrote:

Did he really give that up for Thomas? I thought he just traded our 2nd in that draft along with one more to move up a few spots with Philly.

https://www.detroitbadboys.com/2018/6/21/17491694/2018-nba-draft-detroit-pistons-khyri-thomas

The Pistons reportedly will send two future second-round picks to the Sixers, who drafted Thomas No. 38 overall. The Pistons also drafted Bruce Brown with their own pick at No. 42 overall.

Detroit kept the '18 2nd and used it on Brown. So yes, the cost for Khyri was two 2nds.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#109 » by MotownMadness » Mon Dec 10, 2018 4:56 pm

thesack12 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
thesack12 wrote:

https://www.detroitbadboys.com/2018/6/21/17491694/2018-nba-draft-detroit-pistons-khyri-thomas

The Pistons reportedly will send two future second-round picks to the Sixers, who drafted Thomas No. 38 overall. The Pistons also drafted Bruce Brown with their own pick at No. 42 overall.

Detroit kept the '18 2nd and used it on Brown. So yes, the cost for Khyri was two 2nds.

Oh I was thinking we already had two 2nd rounders in that draft and just spent a future one too move up, my bad man

I’m not too upset about it though cause I would have took Thomas with a late 1st in that draft cause of his two way potential. Still sucks we are so low on 2nd rounders though
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,120

Post#110 » by Kilo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:09 pm

Mudiay for Stanley Johnson or Kennard(and Ellenson) for Ntilikina and then move Ish when he's healthy as his expiring will be valuable.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,524

Post#111 » by Canadafan » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:05 pm

Find a spot for Blake-
The poor guy doesn't deserve this lol. Maybe OKC? Houston? (Not so sure him and Paul vibe)
What could we get?
thesack12
RealGM

Post#112 » by thesack12 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:48 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
thesack12 wrote:
MotownMadness wrote: Did he really give that up for Thomas? I thought he just traded our 2nd in that draft along with one more to move up a few spots with Philly.

Oh I was thinking we already had two 2nd rounders in that draft and just spent a future one too move up, my bad man

I’m not too upset about it though cause I would have took Thomas with a late 1st in that draft cause of his two way potential. Still sucks we are so low on 2nd rounders though

I'm not upset about it either, Stefanski targeted him and made it happen.

I do have to admit that I am a bit concerned that Khyri has not been able to find minutes so far. There have been plenty of injuries on the wing so far, and GR3 has been downright bad. So there have been opportunities to play Thomas thus far, he just hasn't gotten on the floor.
pistonsbball
Veteran
And1: 1,620

Post#113 » by pistonsbball » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:59 pm

Reggie for either Fournier's or Anderson's contract, would even add a 2nd + Ellenson just to get him off the team. Trade either Bullock or Kennard and a pick if needed for Tyus Jones. You've got your PG for the future locked in and he gets the rest of the season to figure it out with the rest of the team. Then just focus on adding perimeter shooting through either more trades or FA.
tradez401
Starter

Post#114 » by tradez401 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:02 pm

i hear we're interested in damyean dotson of the knicks looks like a pretty good 3pt shooter thats young.
tradez401
Starter

Post#115 » by tradez401 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:03 pm

MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#116 » by MotownMadness » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:13 pm

tradez401 wrote:

I really hope we get him. Just the type of cheap young wing we need who hopefully developes further with us.

How is he at creating his own shot though? Pretty much all his buckets there were catch and shoot.
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#117 » by MotownMadness » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:17 pm

I would take Lee as well if they want to split that salary in half by taking Galloway or something.

Johnson and Gallo
For
Dotson/Lee and rockets 2nd

Reggie/Brown (I think he can handle backup)
Lee/Bullock
Dotson/Kennard
Griffin/ Leuer
Drummond/Zaza

Not great but hopefully it fixes the shooting problems.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,120

Post#118 » by Kilo » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:24 pm

MotownMadness wrote:I would take Lee as well if they want to split that salary in half by taking Galloway or something.

Johnson and Gallo
For

Lee/Bullock
Dotson/Kennard
Griffin/ Leuer
Drummond/Zaza

This would put us 2.5M into the tax though. Even forcing in Ellenson puts us in by $500K.

Furthermore, a NYC beatwriter twitter opined Kennard could be offered for Dotson AND NY fans tweeted how they wouldn't do that.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#119 » by MotownMadness » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:25 pm

Kilo wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:I would take Lee as well if they want to split that salary in half by taking Galloway or something.

Johnson and Gallo
For

Lee/Bullock
Dotson/Kennard
Griffin/ Leuer
Drummond/Zaza

This would put us 2.5M into the tax though. Even forcing in Ellenson puts us in by $500K.

A NYC beatwriter opined Kennard could be offered AND NY fans tweeted how they wouldn't do that.

Wouldn’t have to worry about it til the end of the year anyways, right? Sure we could find a way to get back under by the deadline cashing in someone on a 2nd
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#120 » by MotownMadness » Mon Dec 10, 2018 11:33 pm

MotownMadness wrote:
Kilo wrote:

Johnson and Gallo
For

Lee/Bullock
Dotson/Kennard
Griffin/ Leuer
Drummond/Zaza

A NYC beatwriter opined Kennard could be offered AND NY fans tweeted how they wouldn't do that.

Wouldn’t have to worry about it til the end of the year anyways, right? Sure we could find a way to get back under by the deadline cashing in someone on a 2nd

Or what about this

Johnson, GR3 and Galloway
For
Dotson, Lee, Kornet (and still want that Rockets 2nd rounder too)

Return to Detroit Pistons