ImageImageImage

Unofficial Fanboy Trade Ideas Thread

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

sc8581
Assistant Coach
And1: 766

Re: Unofficial Fanboy Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#1121 » by sc8581 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 8:49 am

DetroitPistons wrote:What would people think of these offseason moves?

Draft day: Leuer, Galloway, Kennard, 2019 FRP, 2021 unprotected FRP, 2021 SRP for Beal

Free Agency: MLE for Rudy Gay, resign Smith to a similar contract, resign Pachulia to a one year deal.

Jackson/Smith
Beal/Thomas
Gay/Brown
Griffin/Maker
Drummond/Pachulia

I don't think that's enough to get Beal and I think Gay is more suited to play PF right now.
sc8581
Assistant Coach

Post#1122 » by sc8581 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 9:06 am

I don't know what Minnesota's plans are moving forward but if we are going to try to win next year I wouldn't mind trading our first and Leuer for Covington, assuming it's outside the top 10 of course.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#1123 » by ComboGuardCity » Sat Feb 9, 2019 5:48 pm

sc8581 wrote:They must be thinking that this summer Reggie and Leuer will have some value as expiring deals in 2020, so their will be some, instead of no value at all. Adding guys that are under contract for next year so they don't have to use the MLE to fill those roles makes sense if this is what they are thinking.

Expiring deals don’t have value in the summer. They have value during the season
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,120

Post#1124 » by Kilo » Sat Feb 9, 2019 6:33 pm

Expiring deals will also not be as valuable during next season because the reason teams value expiring deals is to free up money for free-agent spending and the 2020 class is much weaker than this years bumper crop.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
BDM22
RealGM
And1: 4,416

Post#1125 » by BDM22 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 6:38 pm

DetroitPistons wrote:What would people think of these offseason moves?

Draft day: Leuer, Galloway, Kennard, 2019 FRP, 2021 unprotected FRP, 2021 SRP for Beal

Free Agency: MLE for Rudy Gay, resign Smith to a similar contract, resign Pachulia to a one year deal.

Jackson/Smith
Beal/Thomas
Gay/Brown
Griffin/Maker
Drummond/Pachulia

I think, at best, this team competes for the 5th seed or so and is clearly worse than TOR/PHI/BOS/MIL. On par with Indy maybe. And no ability to improve because there aren’t any tradeable assets left.

It’s breaking it down like this that shows if you want this team to compete for a title, it has to be deconstructed entirely.
sc8581
Assistant Coach

Post#1126 » by sc8581 » Sat Feb 9, 2019 6:47 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:
sc8581 wrote:They must be thinking that this summer Reggie and Leuer will have some value as expiring deals in 2020, so their will be some, instead of no value at all. Adding guys that are under contract for next year so they don't have to use the MLE to fill those roles makes sense if this is what they are thinking.

Expiring deals don’t have value in the summer. They have value during the season

They will have more value closer to the deadline but they will also have more value in the summer than they did 3 days ago.
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#1127 » by DetroitPistons » Sun Feb 10, 2019 7:44 am

Alright he's another idea. What's your guys opinion?

1.) Draft day trade: Galloway (expiring), 2019 FRP (probably anywhere between 8 and 15 or something), 2021 LAL SRP for Jaylen Brown

Brown is pretty mediocre in his role off the bench for the Celtics who have struggled a multiple points this season. The Celtics will probably be eliminated in the second round imo and TOR, PHI, and MIL are clearly a tier above them. Brown will be getting paid after next season too so I could see Ainge getting assets back for him to use in another trade, maybe for AD or someone else, or drafting another 4 year rookie contract guy to develop.

2.) Offseason: resign Smith to a 2-3 year 6mil/yr deal with a team option, resign Ellington to a 2-3 year 6mil/yr deal with a team option, resign Pachulia to a 1 year deal

Ish has always been a good backup PG and if Ellington can be a knock down shooter for us the rest of the season he would pair well with Ish off the bench. Both are getting older so I don't think it's unreasonable to resign them for the contracts I suggested.

Jackson/Smith/Thomas
Kennard/Ellington/Brown
Brown/Robinson
Griffin/Maker/Leuer
Drummond/Pachulia

Maybe 3.) Offseason: Jackson (expiring), Leuer (expiring), Kennard, Bruce Brown, 2021 FRP for Jrue Holiday

NOP gets expirings, 2 prospects, and a great pick for a guy that probably doesn't fit their rebuild plan.

Holiday/Smith
Ellington/Thomas
Brown/Robinson
Griffin/Maker
Drummond/Pachulia

Thoughts?
GreekAlex
Veteran
And1: 1,303

Post#1128 » by GreekAlex » Sun Feb 10, 2019 8:26 am

DetroitPistons wrote:Alright he's another idea. What's your guys opinion?

1.) Draft day trade: Galloway (expiring), 2019 FRP (probably anywhere between 8 and 15 or something), 2021 LAL SRP for Jaylen Brown

Brown is pretty mediocre in his role off the bench for the Celtics who have struggled a multiple points this season. The Celtics will probably be eliminated in the second round imo and TOR, PHI, and MIL are clearly a tier above them. Brown will be getting paid after next season too so I could see Ainge getting assets back for him to use in another trade, maybe for AD or someone else, or drafting another 4 year rookie contract guy to develop.

2.) Offseason: resign Smith to a 2-3 year 6mil/yr deal with a team option, resign Ellington to a 2-3 year 6mil/yr deal with a team option, resign Pachulia to a 1 year deal

Ish has always been a good backup PG and if Ellington can be a knock down shooter for us the rest of the season he would pair well with Ish off the bench. Both are getting older so I don't think it's unreasonable to resign them for the contracts I suggested.

Jackson/Smith/Thomas
Kennard/Ellington/Brown
Brown/Robinson
Griffin/Maker/Leuer
Drummond/Pachulia

Maybe 3.) Offseason: Jackson (expiring), Leuer (expiring), Kennard, Bruce Brown, 2021 FRP for Jrue Holiday

NOP gets expirings, 2 prospects, and a great pick for a guy that probably doesn't fit their rebuild plan.

Holiday/Smith
Ellington/Thomas
Brown/Robinson
Griffin/Maker
Drummond/Pachulia

Thoughts?

I’d love to acquire Jaylen Brown.

I love ish but I’d also consider pursuing Terry Rozier depending on what type of contract he’s looking for.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,524

Post#1129 » by Canadafan » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:43 pm

DetroitPistons wrote:Alright he's another idea. What's your guys opinion?

Jackson/Smith/Thomas
Kennard/Ellington/Brown
Brown/Robinson
Griffin/Maker/Leuer
Drummond/Pachulia

Holiday/Smith
Ellington/Thomas
Brown/Robinson
Griffin/Maker
Drummond/Pachulia

Thoughts?

Fantastic! :clap:

Was gonna waste my team concocting a trade plan but yours looks nice. Would luv to keep Ish and trade our expirings for a Jrue or a Jaylen or somehow even a Beal. In Ed we trust
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,324

Post#1130 » by Moses ShamMoses » Sun Feb 10, 2019 2:48 pm

I like the Jaylen Brown idea but I doubt the Celtics want another 2019 pick. It will need to be a future pick or we'd need to bring in a 3rd team to offer the Celtics a more appealing return (Galloway + Detroit 2019 goes to 3rd team + Jaylen to Detroit + Player from 3rd team to Celtics)
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
DetroitPistons
RealGM

Post#1131 » by DetroitPistons » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:56 am

What do people think about Aaron Gordon? He is young and making just over 20mil so he's not super expensive. He has been mediocre in ORL and they kind of have a weird log jam at the forward spots.

Draft Day Trade: Galloway (expiring), Leuer (expiring), Brown, 2019 first round pick for Gordon

Jackson/Smith
Kennard/Ellington
Gordon/Robinson
Griffin/Maker
Drummond/Pachulia

We then still have Jackson's expiring, Kennard, and future first rounders to use at the trade deadline to get an elite guard.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#1132 » by chrbal » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:49 am

I kind of want the pistons to clear a spot for markieff and see if he can bring a little of what Marcus did. Or even what Tolliver brought
El Chivo
Starter
And1: 969

Post#1133 » by El Chivo » Mon Feb 11, 2019 9:08 am

DetroitPistons wrote:What do people think about Aaron Gordon? He is young and making just over 20mil so he's not super expensive. He has been mediocre in ORL and they kind of have a weird log jam at the forward spots.

Draft Day Trade: Galloway (expiring), Leuer (expiring), Brown, 2019 first round pick for Gordon

Jackson/Smith
Kennard/Ellington
Gordon/Robinson
Griffin/Maker
Drummond/Pachulia

We then still have Jackson's expiring, Kennard, and future first rounders to use at the trade deadline to get an elite guard.

he's a four.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,615

Post#1134 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:02 pm

DetroitPistons wrote:What do people think about Aaron Gordon? He is young and making just over 20mil so he's not super expensive. He has been mediocre in ORL and they kind of have a weird log jam at the forward spots.

Jackson/Smith
Kennard/Ellington
Gordon/Robinson
Griffin/Maker
Drummond/Pachulia

Holy crap, that is incredibly bad offer for Gordon. No chance in hell Orlando, a team with no Salary cap issues, would even glance at that type of offer.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,524

Post#1135 » by Canadafan » Mon Feb 11, 2019 2:30 pm

chrbal wrote:I kind of want the pistons to clear a spot for markieff and see if he can bring a little of what Marcus did. Or even what Tolliver brought

Can that be done though? How much did we sign Ellington for and what do we have left and how would we clear more? I doubt we can
DetroitPistons
RealGM

Post#1136 » by DetroitPistons » Mon Feb 11, 2019 3:39 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:

Jackson/Smith
Kennard/Ellington
Gordon/Robinson
Griffin/Maker
Drummond/Pachulia

Holy crap, that is incredibly bad offer for Gordon. No chance in hell Orlando, a team with no Salary cap issues, would even glance at that type of offer.

Oh maybe I am off on his trade value. Based on his stats it seems like he hasn't been all that great and hasn't become the player ORL thought he would be. What would be fair value from ORL perspective?
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,615

Post#1137 » by BadMofoPimp » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:43 pm

DetroitPistons wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:

Jackson/Smith
Kennard/Ellington
Gordon/Robinson
Griffin/Maker
Drummond/Pachulia

Oh maybe I am off on his trade value. Based on his stats it seems like he hasn't been all that great and hasn't become the player ORL thought he would be. What would be fair value from ORL perspective?

That is why judging players purely off stats is misleading. Whenever Gordon misses a game, the entire team struggles. That team isn't same without both Gordon and Vucevic on playing.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#1138 » by chrbal » Mon Feb 11, 2019 4:54 pm

Canadafan wrote:
chrbal wrote:I kind of want the pistons to clear a spot for markieff and see if he can bring a little of what Marcus did. Or even what Tolliver brought

Can that be done though? How much did we sign Ellington for and what do we have left and how would we clear more? I doubt we can

We’d probably have to go into the tax problem, or hope zaza gets claimed. Hence “kind of”

Return to Detroit Pistons