Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology

DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,804

Re: Around the League 

Post#141 » by DBC10 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:29 pm

bstein14 wrote:
DBC10 wrote:Curry man, so inspirational

The man is averaging nearly 44 pts 5 ast 6 rebounds in this last 10 game stretch on unprecedented efficiency. I remember nephews on social media worried about Curry's legacy back when the dubs had a slow start. That aged like milk to say the least

Curry is a player that can get hot and in a shooting groove and pretty much beat any team out west in a playoff series. I wouldn't want to be Phoenix sitting in that #2 seed and have to face the Warriors in round one with Curry shooting the lights out entering the playoffs.

Yep the West is pretty wide open for once. That might change if the Lakers are fully healthy and ready but I don't trust any of the top 5 western teams just with injuries being plagued along with inexperience
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,550

Post#142 » by ComboGuardCity » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:56 am

We traded away Kevin Porter...
jakebernat
Sixth Man
And1: 767

Post#143 » by jakebernat » Fri Apr 30, 2021 2:38 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:We traded away Kevin Porter...

didn’t want him then, and he had been a problem with the Cavs ever since he got there. remember that dark, cryptic, and somewhat suicidal post he made on instagram last year? dude has some serious mental issues.

good for him though. he’s putting up numbers on a historically bad team, but I hope he figures it out, both in basketball and life.
chrbal
RealGM
And1: 1,651

Post#144 » by chrbal » Fri Apr 30, 2021 7:14 pm

ComboGuardCity wrote:We traded away Kevin Porter...

1- if you’re saying we should have kept the pick, no. Also we probably would have drafted a big or taller wing. Which opens up a whole butterfly effect scenario.

2- but if we could have gotten him back for the Lakers 2021 2nd, then absolutely. Even with the likelihood that he’s tony wroten 2.0, you still take that chance every time.
tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#145 » by tmorgan » Fri Apr 30, 2021 8:44 pm

The list of 50 point scorers on horrible teams is not that short. Honestly, give Bey a weak defender and a hot night and he could do it next week.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,550

Post#146 » by ComboGuardCity » Sat May 1, 2021 3:26 am

tmorgan wrote:The list of 50 point scorers on horrible teams is not that short. Honestly, give Bey a weak defender and a hot night and he could do it next week.

He scored half his points on an elite defender in Jrue though. If he keeps (or gets) his head straight, he’s an all star talent.
DBC10
General Manager

Post#147 » by DBC10 » Sat May 1, 2021 5:13 pm

I'm having major schadenfreude watching the Lakers fan meltdown after their loss to the Kangz. It's all so hilarious

Classic comments like,
"Don’t believe the box score Drummond sucked"
"Gasol>Drummond . I should have listened to cavs and pistons fans."
"Dude's just clogging the paint"

It's one game, I know, but if Lebron turns Drummond into a starting level center on a contender, he deserves FMVP for that feat
chrbal
RealGM

Post#148 » by chrbal » Sun May 2, 2021 10:06 pm

DBC10 wrote:I'm having major schadenfreude watching the Lakers fan meltdown after their loss to the Kangz. It's all so hilarious

Classic comments like,

It's one game, I know, but if Lebron turns Drummond into a starting level center on a contender, he deserves FMVP for that feat

Some of the posts in this thread are awesome to read knowing what Drummond is really like.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2067942
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,118

Post#149 » by Snakebites » Sun May 2, 2021 10:11 pm

chrbal wrote:
DBC10 wrote:I'm having major schadenfreude watching the Lakers fan meltdown after their loss to the Kangz. It's all so hilarious

Classic comments like,

Some of the posts in this thread are awesome to read knowing what Drummond is really like.
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=2067942

Fans of better teams often assume that players fail on teams like ours because of our system or our culture. And that’s true sometimes.

With Dre though, he sorta WAS our culture when he was here. I still think there’s a chance that ends of working out. But the notion that you can insert a guy like him in and expect him to fit in right away always rang false.
440BB
Bench Warmer
And1: 811

Post#150 » by 440BB » Sun May 2, 2021 10:27 pm

I thought it was telling that James pulled Drummond aside to tell him he was coming off his screens too soon. How many times has he been told that over the last nine years and what came of that?

Maybe having Lebron ride his ass and the chance for a ring will change what we've seen over those nine years but it's temporary at best.
"I think Halle Berry is pretty in church and in the grocery store" - Troy Weaver
chrbal
RealGM

Post#151 » by chrbal » Sun May 2, 2021 11:07 pm

Snakebites wrote:Fans of better teams often assume that players fail on teams like ours because of our system or our culture. And that’s true sometimes.

With Dre though, he sorta WAS our culture when he was here. I still think there’s a chance that ends of working out. But the notion that you can insert a guy like him in and expect him to fit in right away always rang false.

Yeah I get that. I just think it’s funny that they look at his stats in Detroit and Cleveland, and think he’s going to pull that off on a team with Davis and Lebron. Also them ignoring the non effect he and his stats have on games and all the non stat line things he needs to but doesn’t really do.
DBC10
General Manager

Post#152 » by DBC10 » Sat May 8, 2021 8:28 pm

I feel like the hype for Zion has considerably died down since being drafted by the Pelicans. But my God, he's been astronomical in terms of production on the court. He's going to end this season with 27/7/4 on 65% TS at 20 years young. This is Shaq and rookie Bron levels of dominance

He needs shooters on his team not Bledsoe's and Adam's of the world clogging the paint
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,738

Post#153 » by Invictus88 » Wed May 12, 2021 3:59 am

I'm watching the OKC game for some reason and the announcer Chris Fisher just praised the team for staying competitive. They're down by 23 right now.
I don't even want to imagine what a non-competitive game would look like.

Edit: We hopefully will end up with the 2nd worst record but my goodness are the Thunder bad at the game of basketball. And these announcers blissfully trying to sugarcoat the train wreck that is happening in front of them... Things could be much, much worse if you are a Pistons fan.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,118

Post#154 » by Snakebites » Fri May 14, 2021 6:37 pm

Invictus88 wrote:I'm watching the OKC game for some reason and the announcer Chris Fisher just praised the team for staying competitive. They're down by 23 right now.
I don't even want to imagine what a non-competitive game would look like.

Edit: We hopefully will end up with the 2nd worst record but my goodness are the Thunder bad at the game of basketball. And these announcers blissfully trying to sugarcoat the train wreck that is happening in front of them... Things could be much, much worse if you are a Pistons fan.

Yeah, the Thunder are going full Hinkie.

For better or worse, they've got a vision and they're sticking with it. I think the jury is out with them still. They've got an impressive stable of assets and picks- it remains to be seen whether they're able to leverage that into anything great. And like us, a lot depends on their lottery luck this season.

That lottery luck has the ability to make our respective front offices look very good or very bad depending on how it all goes down.
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,385

Post#155 » by flow » Sat May 15, 2021 3:40 pm

Don't look now, here come the Heat.

Completely written off for the entire season, and having struggled for most of the season due to bubble hangover, losing Crowder, poor play by Herro.... the Heat are gelling and putting it together just in time. Just like last year. Sleep on them at your own risk.

* Incidentally, DeWayne Dedmon has been terrific for them since signing April 8. He has solidified himself as Bam's backup, and his impact has been significant.

https://allucanheat.com/2021/04/26/miami-heat-dedmon-best-since-signed/
https://allucanheat.com/2021/05/04/miami-heat-dewayne-dedmon-bad-game/

tmorgan
RealGM
And1: 7,126

Post#156 » by tmorgan » Sat May 15, 2021 7:33 pm

Dedmon is a very solid player. Was disappointed we didn’t keep him, but in retrospect, he wins us some more games and perhaps limits Stew’s opportunities this year.
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,385

Post#157 » by flow » Sun May 16, 2021 5:21 pm

Charlotte/Washington just started what is basically a playoff game. Both teams are in the play-in, but the winner will be in a much better position.

Two very entertaining teams this year. Char is on a back-to-back and lost in OT at NY yeterday, but they've jumped out to an early lead here.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,570

Post#158 » by Pharaoh » Tue May 18, 2021 5:52 am

Knicks v Hawks in the first round = one of those teams is making the 2nd round of the playoffs

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM mobile app
DBC10
General Manager

Post#159 » by DBC10 » Thu May 20, 2021 7:49 pm

Last night's Warriors vs Lakers is an all time game. That was satisfying to watch as a neutral fan and basically was a game 7 but only a play in game.

Looks like the play ins are a big success just from this game alone
Cowology
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 3,775

Post#160 » by Cowology » Mon May 24, 2021 1:24 am

D Rose: 17-5-5 in 38 minutes on 50% shooting. Genuinely happy to see him get meaningful post-season minutes and playing well. He's had a tough road.

Return to Detroit Pistons