ImageImageImage

Hot and Heavy with the Hawks (Drummond Trade Rumors go National)

Moderators: theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites

DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Re: Hot and Heavy with the Hawks (Drummond Trade Rumors go National) 

Post#161 » by DetroitPistons » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:00 am

Invictus88 wrote:
You're still completely missing the point. Fan perception has nothing to do with the Pistons trying to deal Dre.
It has everything to do with the fact that Dre can enter free agency this offseason and the Pistons are doing what countless GMs have done before: try to recoup what little value is left before you are left with nothing.

There is no narrative impact here. As long as you attempt to perpetuate that line of thinking you will continue to be completely out of touch with reality.

No YOU are missing the point. You are hell bent on strawmanning me. How many times do I have to say that Drummond's value is his fault and that his criticism is warranted? You are desperately trying to make it sound like I'm blaming the fans and letting Drummond off the hook. Nothing could be further from what I'm saying. I'm just saying it's okay to point out when he does well for crying out loud because franchises do listen to how fans perceive their players. If you disagree and think front offices and owners never consider what the fans want then go ahead. Last time I checked businesses care about what the people who are buying their product think.

I apologize profusely for making the mistake of typing a series of words that could even remotely be misconstrued as defending Drummond around a Pistons fan. I repent immediately for my blasphemy in sack cloth and ashes!
DetroitPistons
RealGM

Post#162 » by DetroitPistons » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:02 am

Snakebites wrote:So your clarification is that I correctly interpreted what you originally said.

Got it.

No dude... Read what I just responded to Invictus. If you disagree then fine. Good night.
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,717

Post#163 » by Invictus88 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:27 am

DetroitPistons wrote:
Invictus88 wrote:
You're still completely missing the point. Fan perception has nothing to do with the Pistons trying to deal Dre.
It has everything to do with the fact that Dre can enter free agency this offseason and the Pistons are doing what countless GMs have done before: try to recoup what little value is left before you are left with nothing.

There is no narrative impact here. As long as you attempt to perpetuate that line of thinking you will continue to be completely out of touch with reality.

No YOU are missing the point. You are hell bent on strawmanning me. How many times do I have to say that Drummond's value is his fault and that his criticism is warranted? You are desperately trying to make it sound like I'm blaming the fans and letting Drummond off the hook. Nothing could be further from what I'm saying. I'm just saying it's okay to point out when he does well for crying out loud because franchises do listen to how fans perceive their players. If you disagree and think front offices and owners never consider what the fans want then go ahead. Last time I checked businesses care about what the people who are buying their product think.

I apologize profusely for making the mistake of typing a series of words that could even remotely be misconstrued as defending Drummond around a Pistons fan. I repent immediately for my blasphemy in sack cloth and ashes!

I'm flat out saying that what you are saying over and over -- that fan opinion is factoring into the decision of the Pistons to trade Dre -- is wrong. Snake is interpreting your posts exactly as I am. There is no oversimplification going on here. There is no strawman.

NBA teams try to win basketball games. They do so because winning teams attract more fans. Getting *something* in return for Dre before he bolts goes towards that; because something is well... more than nothing?

You are erroneously trying to lump in the idea that whether you defend Drummond or not factors into his trade or even this conversation. It does not. The only thing that matters is what his current value is. And for the most part his impending free agency is all that matters.

There's literally nothing else I can say here.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,031

Post#164 » by Snakebites » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:51 am

DetroitPistons wrote:
Snakebites wrote:So your clarification is that I correctly interpreted what you originally said.

Got it.

No dude... Read what I just responded to Invictus. If you disagree then fine. Good night.

I never said you were completely letting Dre off the hook. I suppose you are a little, but I didn’t say that, and that really wasn’t what I was objecting to. Rational people can disagree about the merit of a player.

I was pushing back against the idea that fan narratives impact player value. I do not believe that, and you clarified that this is in fact what you believe. So yes, I think I fairly characterized what you said.

I realize your views about players are impacted by what fans say about them, but front offices are different. The notion that any of us armchair GMs and coaches impact the direction of the team is absurd. Fans push teams to put a better product on the floor through sheer force of capitalism, but they don’t influence specific moves.

Your politician comparison doesn’t work either. Fans don’t elect coaches or GMs.
DetroitPistons
RealGM

Post#165 » by DetroitPistons » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:13 pm

Snakebites wrote:
DetroitPistons wrote:

Got it.

I never said you were completely letting Dre off the hook. I suppose you are a little, but I didn’t say that, and that really wasn’t what I was objecting to. Rational people can disagree about the merit of a player.

I was pushing back against the idea that fan narratives impact player value. I do not believe that, and you clarified that this is in fact what you believe. So yes, I think I fairly characterized what you said.

I realize your views about players are impacted by what fans say about them, but front offices are different. The notion that any of us armchair GMs and coaches impact the direction of the team is absurd. Fans push teams to put a better product on the floor through sheer force of capitalism, but they don’t influence specific moves.

Your politician comparison doesn’t work either. Fans don’t elect coaches or GMs.

See this is why I keep saying you are misrepresenting me. You start off getting it but then throw in those extra straw man jabs like saying fan perception effects how I personally value a player. I never said that. You and Invictus also kept repeating all the reasons Drummond's value is low, which I have fully acknowledged from the beginning (hence why I said right away it's his fault and his criticism is warranted), which makes it sound like I don't acknowledge those factors and was giving Drummond a pass.

You just agreed with what I'm saying in your 3rd paragraph after saying it's absurd. "Fans push teams to put a better product on the floor through sheer force of capitalism, but they don't influence specific movies." So fans do indeed impact the product on the floor. You are just putting all the influence on economics and not acknowledging how social media goes hand in hand with that. If fans aren't showing up (economics) and are voicing their specific concerns on social media that tells ownership what way the fans want to go. That is all I am saying and I don't understand why this has turned into such a silly nothing debate.

My politician analogy does work btw. It's just that we vote with our dollar instead of at the ballot box but the main point remains. Teams exist to make the fans happy just like politicians want to appease their voter base. That's the parallel I'm drawing.

I'm sorry if I you think fans perpetually harassing the team to trade Drummond has no impact on their decisions. I disagree. It's okay. I think we exhausted this debate a couple posts ago. Onto the next meaningless RealGM debate my friend.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,031

Post#166 » by Snakebites » Tue Jan 14, 2020 3:35 pm

DetroitPistons wrote:
Snakebites wrote:
DetroitPistons wrote:

See this is why I keep saying you are misrepresenting me. You start off getting it but then throw in those extra straw man jabs like saying fan perception effects how I personally value a player. I never said that. You and Invictus also kept repeating all the reasons Drummond's value is low, which I have fully acknowledged from the beginning (hence why I said right away it's his fault and his criticism is warranted), which makes it sound like I don't acknowledge those factors and was giving Drummond a pass.

You just agreed with what I'm saying in your 3rd paragraph after saying it's absurd. "Fans push teams to put a better product on the floor through sheer force of capitalism, but they don't influence specific movies." So fans do indeed impact the product on the floor. You are just putting all the influence on economics and not acknowledging how social media goes hand in hand with that. If fans aren't showing up (economics) and are voicing their specific concerns on social media that tells ownership what way the fans want to go. That is all I am saying and I don't understand why this has turned into such a silly nothing debate.

My politician analogy does work btw. It's just that we vote with our dollar instead of at the ballot box but the main point remains. Teams exist to make the fans happy just like politicians want to appease their voter base. That's the parallel I'm drawing.

I'm sorry if I you think fans perpetually harassing the team to trade Drummond has no impact on their decisions. I disagree. It's okay. I think we exhausted this debate a couple posts ago. Onto the next meaningless RealGM debate my friend.

DetroitPistons wrote:Drummond's value is his fault for sure. I'm not trying to make excuses for him. I'm just saying that when fans demonize him so hard like they have been doing that it ends up facilitating that narrative around the league too. When I hear a fanbase trash a player like Pistons fans trash Drummond it puts up a huge red flag in my head before I even begin researching the player myself.

When Drummond drops 20/20/3/2/2 on 60% shooting and great defense it's okay to say "nice game."

There is you saying that fan perception influences how you view a player. I wasn't straw manning you, I was properly responding to something you said that I strongly disagreed with. If you feel like you're being strawmanned a lot, it's possible that you're just not communicating what you think very well.

And there is a difference between fans pushing for a better team in general and impacting SPECIFIC moves with relation to SPECIFIC players or staff members. If the team is bad, people don't show up, they don't watch on TV. That
is capitalism. It's not bad mouthing specific players or aspects of the team that moves the needle, it's that. If that's not a difference you can understand, then, well, I really can't help you any further. I certainly was not agreeing with you.

This has been a tremendously frustrating interaction, to be honest.
DetroitPistons
RealGM

Post#167 » by DetroitPistons » Tue Jan 14, 2020 4:05 pm

Snakebites wrote:There is you saying that fan perception influences how you view a player. I wasn't straw manning you, I was properly responding to something you said that I strongly disagreed with. If you feel like you're being strawmanned a lot, it's possible that you're just not communicating what you think very well.

And there is a difference between fans pushing for a better team in general and impacting SPECIFIC moves with relation to SPECIFIC players or staff members. If the team is bad, people don't show up, they don't watch on TV. That
is capitalism. It's not bad mouthing specific players or aspects of the team that moves the needle, it's that. If that's not a difference you can understand, then, well, I really can't help you any further. I certainly was not agreeing with you.

I concede your first paragraph but I was referring to prior to me doing any research on the player. I think it's very fair to say EVERYONE gets a red flag in their head when they hear a fanbase trashing a player. You are kidding yourself if you think that doesn't influence you too. I apologize for not recognizing that you were referencing that quote.

Yeah, we agree to disagree. I've said that multiple times now. If every fan right now went to social media and relentlessly called for Casey to be fired you think that has no impact on the teams decision to make a SPECIFIC move with Casey. I personally think that is absurd. So yes, it has been incredibly frustrating because you have strawmanned me (trying to insinuate I'm letting Drummond off the hook and not acknowledging all the basketball factors that diminish his value, which I've acknowledged from the beginning) and you trying to separate capitalism (which as a conservative political nerd I understand very well) from the buyer's perception. They go hand in hand. If you are selling phones and every customer that walks in TELLS you I'm not going to buy your phone because I don't like XYZ about your phones then you would be a fool to not be influenced by it. Furthermore, If you stuck your fingers in your ears and ignored every one of those people and just looked at sales you would actually have no idea what SPECIFICALLY people don't like about it. You are basically denying customer feedback has an impact. I think YOU need to study capitalism a little more but yes, it's pretty frustrating when you are trying argue against something so fundamentally obvious. I feel like I'm debating Manocad here.

The most frustrating thing though is you and Invictus roping me into a waste of time debate when my main point in all of this is hey, maybe it's okay to say a good thing about a player you don't like when he does something good. You know, that whole objectivity thing. That is all.
Manocad
RealGM
And1: 10,561

Post#168 » by Manocad » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:03 pm

DetroitPistons wrote:
Snakebites wrote:There is you saying that fan perception influences how you view a player. I wasn't straw manning you, I was properly responding to something you said that I strongly disagreed with. If you feel like you're being strawmanned a lot, it's possible that you're just not communicating what you think very well.

I concede your first paragraph but I was referring to prior to me doing any research on the player. I think it's very fair to say EVERYONE gets a red flag in their head when they hear a fanbase trashing a player. You are kidding yourself if you think that doesn't influence you too. I apologize for not recognizing that you were referencing that quote.

Yeah, we agree to disagree. I've said that multiple times now. If every fan right now went to social media and relentlessly called for Casey to be fired you think that has no impact on the teams decision to make a SPECIFIC move with Casey. I personally think that is absurd. So yes, it has been incredibly frustrating because you have strawmanned me (trying to insinuate I'm letting Drummond off the hook and not acknowledging all the basketball factors that diminish his value, which I've acknowledged from the beginning) and you trying to separate capitalism (which as a conservative political nerd I understand very well) from the buyer's perception. They go hand in hand. If you are selling phones and every customer that walks in TELLS you I'm not going to buy your phone because I don't like XYZ about your phones then you would be a fool to not be influenced by it. Furthermore, If you stuck your fingers in your ears and ignored every one of those people and just looked at sales you would actually have no idea what SPECIFICALLY people don't like about it. You are basically denying customer feedback has an impact. I think YOU need to study capitalism a little more but yes, it's pretty frustrating when you are trying argue against something so fundamentally obvious. I feel like I'm debating Manocad here.

The most frustrating thing though is you and Invictus roping me into a waste of time debate when my main point in all of this is hey, maybe it's okay to say a good thing about a player you don't like when he does something good. You know, that whole objectivity thing. That is all.

Don't drag me into this, dude. You made this bed yourself. :D

You're not debating me but you're doing the same thing you've done before--you're inserting your opinion and purporting it as fact. You don't know how fan perception/opinion affects Drummond nor how it factors into the decision about what the team will do with him because you aren't Drummond's confidante nor do you work for the team. That's not an opinion or a criticism--it's a fact. You can only speculate.

If you know some history of professional sports, have knowledge of how businesses operate, and put those two together, you'll find that even though sports is only entertainment to you and me, it's still first and foremost a business to the owners. You think the Ford family doesn't know what the fans say about the Lions? How much influence in THAT organization has the fan voice made? About exactly...NONE. Why? Asses in seats, revenue, profits...period. To use your phone analogy, the reality of situation is that you're expecting the seller to listen to your gripes about his phone while they're flying off the shelves.

Being critical of Drummond's play or why he should or shouldn't have a future with the team doesn't mean anyone wishes he were dead. I like that Drummond appears to be a very good-natured dude; likes to joke, willing to speak to the reporters, and definitely has a presence in the community. He seems like a genuinely good guy. And I still don't want him on my team. Most people here have arrived at the opinion that Drummond may very likely have reached his ceiling, and what he can do on the court simply doesn't translate into championship basketball.That opinion is nothing anyone has to apologize for, and it doesn't require a "but on the bright side..." caveat in order to be valid or deserving of expression.
DetroitPistons
RealGM

Post#169 » by DetroitPistons » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:17 pm

Manocad wrote:
DetroitPistons wrote:

You're not debating me but you're doing the same thing you've done before--you're inserting your opinion and purporting it as fact. You don't know how fan perception/opinion affects Drummond nor how it factors into the decision about what the team will do with him because you aren't Drummond's confidante nor do you work for the team. That's not an opinion or a criticism--it's a fact. You can only speculate.

If you know some history of professional sports, have knowledge of how businesses operate, and put those two together, you'll find that even though sports is only entertainment to you and me, it's still first and foremost a business to the owners. You think the Ford family doesn't know what the fans say about the Lions? How much influence in THAT organization has the fan voice made? About exactly...NONE. Why? Asses in seats, revenue, profits...period. To use your phone analogy, the reality of situation is that you're expecting the seller to listen to your gripes about his phone while they're flying off the shelves.

Being critical of Drummond's play or why he should or shouldn't have a future with the team doesn't mean anyone wishes he were dead. I like that Drummond appears to be a very good-natured dude; likes to joke, willing to speak to the reporters, and definitely has a presence in the community. He seems like a genuinely good guy. And I still don't want him on my team. Most people here have arrived at the opinion that Drummond may very likely have reached his ceiling, and what he can do on the court simply doesn't translate into championship basketball.That opinion is nothing anyone has to apologize for, and it doesn't require a "but on the bright side..." caveat in order to be valid or deserving of expression.

Don't drag you in? I wasn't. But you still jumped in yourself.

I never said my views are fact. I said we can agree to disagree. That is different. Straw man.

Apparently you also do deny that customer feedback has no influence. I can't help you then. To hit one more point with my phone analogy. Assuming those phones were still flying off the shelves (the newest iPhone for example), you still think Apple doesn't listen to what customers think about successful products and how to improve them. That is absurd and we can agree to disagree. Bad businesses (like the Lions) don't consider customer feedback so you are actually helping my point.

I never once suggested that we consider what type of person Drummond is when discussing basketball value so idk what the point of your 3rd paragraph is. I agree you don't have apologize for your opinions. I am just disagreeing. If I am trying to sell a crappy product I sure as hell don't want everyone dog piling on because that impacts value. When I read customer reviews on Amazon, that influences whether I buy the product. You and Snakebites and Invictus think the customer feedback section on every business website is absurd. I understand.

I'm going to have to move on now. BTW, serious side note. Not sure if you saw but I posted some technical resources on tendinopathy in the other thread in case you were interested in reading them. Not trying to debate. Just trying to provide objective resources for the board. That's all. Until next time my friend.
NYPiston
Assistant Coach
And1: 3,274

Post#170 » by NYPiston » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:38 pm

DetroitPistons wrote:
Snakebites wrote:
DetroitPistons wrote:
Drummond's value is his fault for sure. I'm not trying to make excuses for him. I'm just saying that when fans demonize him so hard like they have been doing that it ends up facilitating that narrative around the league too. When I hear a fanbase trash a player like Pistons fans trash Drummond it puts up a huge red flag in my head before I even begin researching the player myself.

When Drummond drops 20/20/3/2/2 on 60% shooting and great defense it's okay to say "nice game."

You...do realize that how fans value him and how teams value him have absolutely nothing to do with each other right?

Dre's value around the league is low because of his contract situation, the relevancy of a player of his type in today's NBA, the fact that his impact is lower than his stats, and the fact that he is too easily impacted by rough circumstance. Some of those things are his fault, some of them aren't.

It's certainly not because fans say mean things about him on the internet. If that wasn't what you were trying to say, this post really, really looks like it and I'll ask to to clarify, because that's just silliness. A Hawks fan might think less of Dre because of what fans say, but the Hawks organization is going to weigh many things when deciding how much they're willing to offer to acquire a player, and what fans say or think about a player's value isn't going to be on that list.

Yeah I'll clarify. You guys are both (Invictus) taking what I'm saying too far. All I'm talking about is fan perception (from RealGM and every where else). For example, I'm confident that the perpetual hatred for Drummond from the fan base played a role in the front office finally deciding to shop him. Fan perception does have influence. That's all I'm saying. Just like how voters have influential power over elected officials for example. Does that help?

Do you really believe this because you know it sounds crazy that you'd think that fan perception influences basketball executives decision making.
If this was the case, Pistons management would have started a rebuild a loooong time ago. If anything, they've gone completely against fan sentiment for years.
DetroitPistons
RealGM

Post#171 » by DetroitPistons » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:44 pm

NYPiston wrote:Do you really believe this because you know it sounds crazy that you'd think that fan perception influences basketball executives decision making.
If this was the case, Pistons management would have starting a rebuild a loooong time ago. If anything, they've gone completely against fan sentiment for years.

Manocad explicitly provided a perfect example to refute you, which I also endorsed. The Lions. Bad organizations don't listen to fans. Go ahead though. Keep making my point.

You think MIA bringing back Wade had nothing to do with fan perception. Got it.

I'M DONE
Manocad
RealGM

Post#172 » by Manocad » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:53 pm

DetroitPistons wrote:
Manocad wrote:
DetroitPistons wrote:

Don't drag you in? I wasn't. But you still jumped in yourself.

I never said my views are fact. I said we can agree to disagree. That is different. Straw man.

Apparently you also do deny that customer feedback has no influence. I can't help you then. To hit one more point with my phone analogy. Assuming those phones were still flying off the shelves (the newest iPhone for example), you still think Apple doesn't listen to what customers think about successful products and how to improve them. That is absurd and we can agree to disagree. Bad businesses (like the Lions) don't consider customer feedback so you are actually helping my point.

I never once suggested that we consider what type of person Drummond is when discussing basketball value so idk what the point of your 3rd paragraph is. I agree you don't have apologize for your opinions. I am just disagreeing. If I am trying to sell a crappy product I sure as hell don't want everyone dog piling on because that impacts value. When I read customer reviews on Amazon, that influences whether I buy the product. You and Snakebites and Invictus think the customer feedback section on every business website is absurd. I understand.

I'm going to have to move on now. BTW, serious side note. Not sure if you saw but I posted some technical resources on tendinopathy in the other thread in case you were interested in reading them. Not trying to debate. Just trying to provide objective resources for the board. That's all. Until next time my friend.

Stop with the "So what you're saying is that Apple doesn't listen to their customers/companies don't pay attention to Amazon reviews" stuff. No one said that and that's a perfect straw man example. If you're going to criticize the straw man technique you should stop using it yourself.

No one is saying that customer feedback NEVER has any influence. People disagreed with your specific example that so many negative opinions of Drummond shouldn't be posted because it can adversely affect the outcome of what happens with Drummond and the team. I personally don't believe it has any effect whatsoever. You do. But you can't use the fact that Apple obviously pays attention to Amazon reviews as justification that it's a fact that the Pistons organization takes RealGM and fan feedback into account when deciding what to do with Drummond. It's NOT a fact that the team factors fan opinions in social media outlets into their decision-making processes. Is it possible? Sure. Can it be justified as fact? Absolutely not.

I agree that it was a pointless debate, although that's because IN MY OPINION it was a meaningless point.

On the tendinitis topic...I'm not disputing the medical definition of any of it. I explicitly stated that tendinitis is your body basically telling you "I can't handle this" vs it being an actual injury. Where I don't hold the same opinion as you is the idea that Kennard was "abruptly" subjecting himself to conditions that his body wasn't prepared for. He played 20 MPG in 73 games as a rookie and 24 MPG in 63 games last year, prior to playing 33 MPG in 28 games this year. And given that he's not a banging/grinding/rebounding forward or center, yeah, I have concerns that he might very well have knees that can't handle starter minutes. And if he's relegated to a bench role with requisite minutes, he won't hold the same value as a starter. Again, a matter of opinion that no one should be taking offense to or feeling insulted by.
Drwho17
Sixth Man
And1: 336

Post#173 » by Drwho17 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:55 pm

They shouldn't trade him at this time, unless the offer has some promising young players/picks. Either, let him walk in the summer and use the money to fill holes or absorb players with incentives, sign and trade to get him to a contender that might want him, or let him opt-in and trade him next year when there will be certainty about the committment from the other team. The Pistons aren't going to make a run next year, so what do they have to lose by rolling AD out another year unless you think he's going to help them win too much.
DetroitPistons
RealGM

Post#174 » by DetroitPistons » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:56 pm

I literally went out of my way to just make a nice gesture so you can read up more on it if you want. I said I wasn't trying to debate and you jump head first into one anyway. I'm done.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#175 » by Manocad » Tue Jan 14, 2020 5:57 pm

Drwho17 wrote:They shouldn't trade him at this time, unless the offer has some promising young players/picks. Either, let him walk in the summer and use the money to fill holes or absorb players with incentives, sign and trade to get him to a contender that might want him, or let him opt-in and trade him next year when there will be certainty about the committment from the other team. The Pistons aren't going to make a run next year, so what do they have to lose by rolling AD out another year unless you think he's going to help them win too much.

Definitely NOT the case. 8-)
NYPiston
Assistant Coach

Post#176 » by NYPiston » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:07 pm

DetroitPistons wrote:
NYPiston wrote:Do you really believe this because you know it sounds crazy that you'd think that fan perception influences basketball executives decision making.
If this was the case, Pistons management would have starting a rebuild a loooong time ago. If anything, they've gone completely against fan sentiment for years.

Manocad explicitly provided a perfect example to refute you, which I also endorsed. The Lions. Bad organizations don't listen to fans. Go ahead though. Keep making my point.

I'M DONE

Do you have any proof that Riley of all people was influenced by fans to bring back a player who he otherwise didn't want to bring back? That sounds ridiculous.

What you're stating here is that part of the reason why Drummond is on the trade block is because fans have been critical of him. No front office with half a brain makes job altering decisions based on the opinions of a bunch of fanatics on social media. Also, stop saying that you're being misrepresented because that's exactly what you're saying.
I don't mean to pile on you here but the things you're saying about fan influence are far fetched.
DetroitPistons
RealGM

Post#177 » by DetroitPistons » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:11 pm

NYPiston wrote:
DetroitPistons wrote:

I'M DONE

Do you have any proof that Riley of all people was influenced by fans to bring back a player who he otherwise didn't want to bring back? That sounds ridiculous.

What you're stating here is that part of the reason why Drummond is on the trade block is because fans have been critical of him. No front office with half a brain makes job altering decisions based on the opinions of a bunch of fanatics on social media. Also, stop saying that you're being misrepresented because that's exactly what you're saying.
I don't mean to pile on you here but the things you're saying about fan influence are far fetched.

No, what's far fetched is you thinking that Wade going back to MIA had nothing to do with fans. WE DISAGREE. DONE.
Manocad
RealGM

Post#178 » by Manocad » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:26 pm

NYPiston wrote:
DetroitPistons wrote:

I'M DONE

Interesting how I used the Lions as a prime example of how fans' perceptions apparently have no influence on what professional sports teams do, and he's using it as justification for his argument?

The Lions don't listen to fans (customers) = they're a bad organization
Apple is a good organization, the opposite of the Lions = they do listen to customers
The Pistons are a good organization = they do listen to fans?

Is that the angle he's going for? Not only do I think that's not a justified equivalency, but it completely overlooks the possibility that the Pistons ARE A BAD ORGANIZATION. Which, right now, most of us believe they are. So even using the unjustified equivalency, his argument still fails. But whatever. HE'S DONE.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,513

Post#179 » by Canadafan » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:31 pm

Drummond and Snell for Crabbe and Turner. We clear major cap space and just start over. Casey talks Ed into signing FVV DeRozan and Biyombo lol
NYPiston
Assistant Coach

Post#180 » by NYPiston » Tue Jan 14, 2020 6:43 pm

DetroitPistons wrote:
NYPiston wrote:
DetroitPistons wrote:

I'M DONE

No, what's far fetched is you thinking that Wade going back to MIA had nothing to do with fans. WE DISAGREE. DONE.

Why are you so combative? I'm just trying to understand where you're coming from.

Forget about Wade for a second because it's completely irrelevant to the Drummond situation, what makes you think that the fans have any influence on them putting Drummond on the trade block? I don't get where you're coming from because fans have been heavily criticizing Dre for years yet Gores has remain devoted to him until now. Why all of a sudden have they decided to finally listen to fans now? The correct answer? They don't. He's on the trade market because he can opt out after this season and they don't want to offer him the long term deal he's seeking. Nothing more, nothing less.

If the Pistons listened to their fans, they'd be much better off today.

Return to Detroit Pistons