ImageImageImage

So. We're trying to win now. Trade ideas? (3&D wings)

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

DCintheD
Sixth Man
And1: 653

Re: So. We're trying to win now. Trade ideas? (3&D wings) 

Post#21 » by DCintheD » Wed Jun 13, 2018 3:46 pm

The Penguin wrote:Get involved in a potential deal moving Anderson out of Houston. Leuer + Galloway for Anderson and a late 1st. We get a legitimate stretch 4 to play next to Dre or Blake while a team eats Leuer/Galloway (combined they make just under $8 mil less than Anderson over the next two years).

I'd rather just try to move one or both of those contracts for cap to after Burke or IT - what Anderson can do Leuer can probly do. dont care for either but Anderson's contract is another tough one to take on.

Burke was a disastrous miss for very cheap this past season - instead we went after Jameer...

IT would be fun to battle with Reggie for the starting spot.
RIP PALACE OF AUBURN HILLS
The Penguin
"Beat The Commish" Champion/Mr. Clean Slate
And1: 4,107

Post#22 » by The Penguin » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:01 pm

DCintheD wrote:
The Penguin wrote:Get involved in a potential deal moving Anderson out of Houston. Leuer + Galloway for Anderson and a late 1st. We get a legitimate stretch 4 to play next to Dre or Blake while a team eats Leuer/Galloway (combined they make just under $8 mil less than Anderson over the next two years).

I'd rather just try to move one or both of those contracts for cap to after Burke or IT - what Anderson can do Leuer can probly do. dont care for either but Anderson's contract is another tough one to take on.

Burke was a disastrous miss for very cheap this past season - instead we went after Jameer...

We are nowhere near usable cap space. Even if we just dumped Leuer and Galloway into cap space (which would be prohibitively expensive) were are only breaking even in regards to the cap. And Anderson is a career 38% shooter from 3, Leuer had one season at 38% and was under 30% his one healthy season for us.
theBigLip
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 2,930

Post#23 » by theBigLip » Wed Jun 13, 2018 4:51 pm

The Penguin wrote:
DCintheD wrote:

We are nowhere near usable cap space. Even if we just dumped Leuer and Galloway into cap space (which would be prohibitively expensive) were are only breaking even in regards to the cap. And Anderson is a career 38% shooter from 3, Leuer had one season at 38% and was under 30% his one healthy season for us.

Leuer will be an interesting player to watch this year. So his percentage on 3s was down, but he was injured. If he comes back healthy, will his percentage go back up? I know it is a lot of "ifs", but if RJ and Blake are healthy, if Leuer can get to the form that we thought he could be when we signed him, and if Luke/Stanley/Dre can improve their game this off season, we could be good. How many "ifs" was that? :lol:
Drwho17
Sixth Man
And1: 336

Post#24 » by Drwho17 » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:00 pm

A_dub06 wrote:
sludgefoot wrote:Kennard is not a 3 and no D. He's a 3, a 2, a passer, a good ball handler, a decent rebounder and will be a decent D. Man will be a solid solid player.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using RealGM mobile app

This is wildly untrue.

Kennard is not a 3, he’s 6’6” with a 6’5” wingspan and abysmal athletically. The absolute best we can hope for on that end is that he’s an average team defender and below average on-ball defender. He’s a straight 2, can handle the ball a little and could become a Reddick light on offence but let’s take off the homer glasses and call a spade a spade.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM mobile app

Kennard is not an abysmal athlete, don't confuse white guy with abysmal athlete. Heck he was an all-state QB in Ohio throwing with hi right hand, while shooting a basketball left handed, that's some atheticism not to mention his 38.5" vert.
TC-Flint
Ballboy
And1: 16

Post#25 » by TC-Flint » Wed Jun 13, 2018 5:13 pm

Kennard will be a very key part of Casey’s team.
hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,350

Post#26 » by hoophabit » Wed Jun 13, 2018 8:17 pm

Drwho17 wrote:
A_dub06 wrote:
sludgefoot wrote:Kennard is not a 3 and no D. He's a 3, a 2, a passer, a good ball handler, a decent rebounder and will be a decent D. Man will be a solid solid player.

This is wildly untrue.

Kennard is not a 3, he’s 6’6” with a 6’5” wingspan and abysmal athletically. The absolute best we can hope for on that end is that he’s an average team defender and below average on-ball defender. He’s a straight 2, can handle the ball a little and could become a Reddick light on offence but let’s take off the homer glasses and call a spade a spade.

Kennard is not an abysmal athlete, don't confuse white guy with abysmal athlete. Heck he was an all-state QB in Ohio throwing with hi right hand, while shooting a basketball left handed, that's some atheticism not to mention his 38.5" vert.

To be fair to Kennard, his combine measurements were 6'4.5" tall (no shoes) & 6'5.5" wingspan. The guy is basically average in those terms. It's not the kiss of death. He's both taller and longer than Reddick. Steph Curry is 6'2" with 6'3.5" wingspan and is doing fine. Gifted shooters are always of value. An efficient scorer shooting over 41% from 3 in his rookie year is likely not a bust.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,121

Post#27 » by Kilo » Wed Jun 13, 2018 10:09 pm

Best chance to improve with any trades is to take on an extra year - we're capped out with Dre and Blake anyways, so taking on a 3rd year to trade out Leuer or Galloway ain't no thang.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,616

Post#28 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Jun 14, 2018 1:19 am

Manocad wrote:There are no brilliant ideas. Only non-brilliant people who come up with trade ideas.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums

All I see is people thinking up ideas to trade away players they personally don't like. I haven't seen anything that could actually happen.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
flow
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,392

Post#29 » by flow » Thu Jun 14, 2018 2:17 am

A_dub06 wrote:

This is wildly untrue.

I think you're short-changing Kennard. And I'm quite sure no one would accuse me of wearing homer glasses!
His potential is more dynamic than a Reddick light. Reddick is simply a 3-point sniper. Kennard can handle the ball comfortably and can run the team, and passes well. His court vision and bball iq are both high. He's not a straight 2. Nor is he abysmal athletically. He just has to be allowed to play.
A_dub06
Sixth Man
And1: 764

Post#30 » by A_dub06 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:28 am

Drwho17 wrote:
A_dub06 wrote:

This is wildly untrue.

By NBA standards yes he is. It’s the reason he kept himself out of the athletic combine testing at the draft, there’s zero other reason for a player in his position to skip it other than the fear of poor results deflating his draft stock. Throwing a ball is hardly a reasonable test for athleticism and I haven’t seen any official / reliable evidence of the vertical you’re saying. What’s your source? Using the eye test he doesn’t have hops so I highly refute your claim.

A_dub06
Sixth Man

Post#31 » by A_dub06 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:32 am

hoophabit wrote:
Drwho17 wrote:
A_dub06 wrote:
This is wildly untrue.

To be fair to Kennard, his combine measurements were 6'4.5" tall (no shoes) & 6'5.5" wingspan. The guy is basically average in those terms. It's not the kiss of death. He's both taller and longer than Reddick. Steph Curry is 6'2" with 6'3.5" wingspan and is doing fine. Gifted shooters are always of value. An efficient scorer shooting over 41% from 3 in his rookie year is likely not a bust.

For a shooting guard I would say that’s below average in both categories, “basically average” isn’t average especially when you consider he is a poor athlete and can’t use is to compensate. Kennard is a straight 2 so comparing him to Curry is pointless.

I’m highly critical of his defensive game but I have never said he can’t be an asset offensively nor did I call him a bust. His shooting will help but I doubt it will help as much as his defence will hurt us.

A_dub06
Sixth Man

Post#32 » by A_dub06 » Thu Jun 14, 2018 8:41 am

flow wrote:
A_dub06 wrote:

This is wildly untrue.

I think you're short-changing Kennard. And I'm quite sure no one would accuse me of wearing homer glasses!
His potential is more dynamic than a Reddick light. Reddick is simply a 3-point sniper. Kennard can handle the ball comfortably and can run the team, and passes well. His court vision and bball iq are both high. He's not a straight 2. Nor is he abysmal athletically. He just has to be allowed to play.

Kennard can handle the ball but he hasn’t shown much in terms of “running a team” nor are his passes anything special. Kennard is a straight 2 at this point and while possessing a high iq, his athletic limitations severely limit his potential. The eye test shows that he doesn’t have quickness, speed or jumping ability, I don’t know how anyone can even think of him being average athletically. What he does have is some hesitation moves both off the dribbles and from a catch and shoot position but he’s still a poor finisher at the rim due to his poor length and athleticism.

To be clear I’m not at all saying he can’t become an asset to us offensively, I just think he will always be an issue defensively and that will directly affect his ability to become a major piece for us moving forward.

ByeByeDre
Rookie
And1: 373

Post#33 » by ByeByeDre » Thu Jun 14, 2018 7:56 pm

Jay Bilas on the night Kennard was drafted......

"He's 6'6" with a 6'4" wingspan....... HOW IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE????"
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,269

Post#34 » by Laimbeer » Fri Jun 15, 2018 2:43 pm

Gallo for Johnson, Leuer, Galloway.

The Pistons take a chance on Gallo's health in another win now move. The Clips break Gallo into smaller deals and get a look at Stanley Johnson.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1715241

A way to try and get better without sacrificing any of our future (I really don't have much hope for Stanley.)
Drwho17
Sixth Man
And1: 336

Post#35 » by Drwho17 » Fri Jun 15, 2018 5:04 pm

A_dub06 wrote:
hoophabit wrote:
Drwho17 wrote:Kennard is not an abysmal athlete, don't confuse white guy with abysmal athlete. Heck he was an all-state QB in Ohio throwing with hi right hand, while shooting a basketball left handed, that's some atheticism not to mention his 38.5" vert.

For a shooting guard I would say that’s below average in both categories, “basically average” isn’t average especially when you consider he is a poor athlete and can’t use is to compensate. Kennard is a straight 2 so comparing him to Curry is pointless.

I’m highly critical of his defensive game but I have never said he can’t be an asset offensively nor did I call him a bust. His shooting will help but I doubt it will help as much as his defence will hurt us.

Check NBA.com for Kennard's Vert.

https://www.nba.com/pistons/features/first-round-candidate-luke-kennard
hoophabit
Analyst
And1: 1,350

Post#36 » by hoophabit » Fri Jun 15, 2018 6:36 pm

Drwho17 wrote:
A_dub06 wrote:
hoophabit wrote:

Yes, but as is the order of the day some will pronounce this "fake news." He doesn't seem like a bad athlete. He runs the floor well and dunks easily. Kennard's not a super athlete, and his game isn't predicated on that. I don't know the future, but he had a decent start. If he's hit the weights and worked on his conditioning and skills? Just for the record, noting Curry's lack of length is valid when discussing whether a guard can flourish without elite length.
A_dub06
Sixth Man

Post#37 » by A_dub06 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:12 am

Drwho17 wrote:
A_dub06 wrote:
hoophabit wrote:

Taken from the article....

“38.5 – That was Kennard’s vertical leap, according to reports, during a workout in Los Angeles”.

Do you take that as fact do you? Because I’ve never seen footage of Kennard throwing down impressive dunks of getting much air which supports my sentiments. Teams also have been known to leak fake info during the draft process creating a smoke screen.

A_dub06
Sixth Man

Post#38 » by A_dub06 » Sat Jun 16, 2018 1:17 am

hoophabit wrote:
Drwho17 wrote:
A_dub06 wrote:

Yes, but as is the order of the day some will pronounce this "fake news." He doesn't seem like a bad athlete. He runs the floor well and dunks easily. Kennard's not a super athlete, and his game isn't predicated on that. I don't know the future, but he had a decent start. If he's hit the weights and worked on his conditioning and skills? Just for the record, noting Curry's lack of length is valid when discussing whether a guard can flourish without elite length.

“Dunks easily”, can you please provide footage of this?

Noting Curry’s lack of length is invalid when comparing a player from a different position. Curry is a point guard, not a shooting guard and thus his opponents on average are shorter with smaller wingspans. Kennard has done nothing to show he can run a team or easily hand out assists which makes him a ball carrying capable 2, this is vastly different from being a point guard. Without the assist numbers Curry is a one.

LaSheed
Bench Warmer
And1: 609

Post#39 » by LaSheed » Sat Jun 16, 2018 2:04 am

Laimbeer wrote:Gallo for Johnson, Leuer, Galloway.

The Pistons take a chance on Gallo's health in another win now move. The Clips break Gallo into smaller deals and get a look at Stanley Johnson.

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=1715241

A way to try and get better without sacrificing any of our future (I really don't have much hope for Stanley.)

No thank you. I feel like he hasn't played in 3 years lol.
LaSheed
Bench Warmer
And1: 609

Post#40 » by LaSheed » Sat Jun 16, 2018 12:29 pm

Still holding on for the small chance of McCollum for Dre.

Return to Detroit Pistons