ImageImageImage

Unofficial Fanboy Trade Ideas Thread

Moderators: Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33

El Chivo
Starter
And1: 969

Re: Unofficial Fanboy Trade Ideas Thread 

Post#21 » by El Chivo » Fri Nov 23, 2018 6:13 am

We need to get rid of Jackson for basketball purposes, not for cap relief.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,120

Post#22 » by Kilo » Fri Nov 23, 2018 3:07 pm

El Chivo wrote:We need to get rid of Jackson for basketball purposes, not for cap relief.

Exactly right. Ride him out for the ROS and next season and we're pissing those years away. We need to trade him, but he has no on-court value. We'll need a PG for PG swap - and if we want to potentially upgrade we'll need to add sweetener to make it worth it for the other team. Scenery change for scenery change trade would be possible, but I don't see any of those out there. George Hill would be, but he has that $1M guaranteed next season so is basically an expiring.

Another possibility could be Brandon Knight and Marquisse Chriss for Reggie Jackson. Houston might do that without any more sweetener and both expire after next season. Knight is not much to write home about himself, but he seemed to have a much better attitude, at least he did before, and is a much better defender unless injuries have taken their toll on him as well.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,253

Post#23 » by thesack12 » Fri Nov 23, 2018 4:13 pm

After December 15:

Stanley Johnson to Portland for Seth Curry.

Curry is a combo guard who can immediately jolt the wing shooting problem and be a secondary ball handler on the floor. This would also be a pre-cursor type move to moving Reggie Jackson without requiring a PG coming back to Detroit. Not needing to use Reggie for a PG for PG trade expands the potential trade options for him. Blake/Ish/Curry and even sprinkling in Calderon is enough ball handling for most situations.

Portland is thin on SF's and would get a first hand peek as to whether or not they think Stanley is salvageable. He might even look halfway decent playing alongside Portland's studly backcourt. Curry and Stanley both expire this summer, so they aren't really giving up much here.
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,246

Post#24 » by Laimbeer » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:34 pm

Jarrett Jack, Jameer Nelson, Ty Lawson, Aaron Brooks, Mario Chalmers. That's what one article is calling the "available" point guards (for nothing I assume).
Kilo
RealGM

Post#25 » by Kilo » Fri Nov 23, 2018 5:50 pm

Laimbeer wrote:Jarrett Jack, Jameer Nelson, Ty Lawson, Aaron Brooks, Mario Chalmers. That's what one article is calling the "available" point guards (for nothing I assume).

I think those are current free agents. We can't even afford those (not that we should want any) as we're $400K under the tax.
Weaver = Hinkie
Laimbeer
RealGM

Post#26 » by Laimbeer » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:55 pm

Jackson, Ellenson for Ryan Anderson
Leuer for Dellavedova

Suns look at Reggie for sunk cost anyway, Bucks try a scenery change. Delly is out of their rotation.
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#27 » by ComboGuardCity » Fri Nov 23, 2018 10:58 pm

I really think the wizards are one 5 game losing streak away from making a halfassed “fix it” trade. Wall for Reggie and a first is precisely that.

Sent from my iPhone using RealGM Forums
Laimbeer
RealGM

Post#28 » by Laimbeer » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:23 am

ComboGuardCity wrote:I really think the wizards are one 5 game losing streak away from making a halfassed “fix it” trade. Wall for Reggie and a first is precisely that.

We'd have 100M tied up in Dre, Blake, and Wall next season and 107M the year after that. :o
ComboGuardCity
RealGM
And1: 4,552

Post#29 » by ComboGuardCity » Sat Nov 24, 2018 1:51 am

Laimbeer wrote:
ComboGuardCity wrote:I really think the wizards are one 5 game losing streak away from making a halfassed “fix it” trade. Wall for Reggie and a first is precisely that.

We'd have 100M tied up in Dre, Blake, and Wall next season and 107M the year after that. :o

3 all stars in their prime would be pretty entertaining
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,475

Post#30 » by Billl » Sat Nov 24, 2018 3:04 am

I'd be willing to into cap hell for a legit 1a perimeter scoring option next to blake, but wall isn't it. The court isn't big enough to play driving guards and 2 interior bigs.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,524

Post#31 » by Canadafan » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:03 am

Galloway+Leuer+Ish+SJ(Or GR3) for Otto Porter

He's paid for 2 seasons after this. So they save some after this season and big bucks after next season. They get a young cheap replacement.
We get a great 3pt shooter and defender at our weakest position whose contract lines up with Drummonds.
I don't like giving up Ish though :(
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,972

Post#32 » by MotownMadness » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:20 am

Canadafan wrote:Galloway+Leuer+Ish+SJ(Or GR3) for Otto Porter

He would be a great fit here and still young
Canadafan
Assistant Coach

Post#33 » by Canadafan » Sat Nov 24, 2018 2:07 pm

RJ+SJ+Luke+Ellenson+1rdpick forrrr....Bradley Beal.
They then deal Wall to allow Reggie to be their PG. Boom. Lol
We become;
Andre
Blake
Bullock
Beal
Ish
DetroitPistons
RealGM
And1: 3,441

Post#34 » by DetroitPistons » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:05 pm

Call me crazy but I think we should go get Wall. I'm not as scared of his contract since we are already committed to winning with Griffin and his contract so why not swing for the fences. He is also probably one of the few stars that can be had without us giving up Kennard. I would offer Jackson/1st rounder for Wall. WAS obviously saves a ton of money and gets a pick back to help the rebuild. We get a massive upgrade at PG on both sides of the ball. We would have plenty of playmaking, go-to scoring, and interior scoring with Wall/Griffin/Drummond. We can then slide Bullock to SF and Kennard can start at SG. That gives us two elite shooters who can also handle the ball and hit shots off the dribble to balance out the interior scoring with shooting.

Wall/Smith
Kennard/Galloway
Bullock/Robinson
Griffin/Johnson
Drummond/Pachulia

That team could be top 3 in the east and if Kennard continues to develop we could be pretty deadly.
Kilo
RealGM

Post#35 » by Kilo » Sat Nov 24, 2018 6:29 pm

Back-up big options -

Pat Patterson straight up for Langston Galloway - PatPat is playing 15mpg in OKC and they could use some shooting. Patterson played under Casey in Toronto.

Dwayne Dedmon for Ish Smith, Henry Ellenson - ATL trades Lin and needs a veteran PG replacement. Ish and Dedmon both exprings.

James Johnson for Leuer, Ish - This one is less likely, but if Miami looks to blow things up a bit we take on a second Johnson year out of this. Miami will have 62M coming off the books after next season, make this trade and they'd have 72M coming off - a couple max contract space. Johnson played under Casey as well in Toronto.
Weaver = Hinkie
Canadafan
Assistant Coach

Post#36 » by Canadafan » Sat Nov 24, 2018 7:20 pm

DetroitPistons wrote:Call me crazy but I think we should go get Wall. I'm not as scared of his contract since we are already committed to winning with Griffin and his contract so why not swing for the fences. He is also probably one of the few stars that can be had without us giving up Kennard. I would offer Jackson/1st rounder for Wall. WAS obviously saves a ton of money and gets a pick back to help the rebuild. We get a massive upgrade at PG on both sides of the ball. We would have plenty of playmaking, go-to scoring, and interior scoring with Wall/Griffin/Drummond. We can then slide Bullock to SF and Kennard can start at SG. That gives us two elite shooters who can also handle the ball and hit shots off the dribble to balance out the interior scoring with shooting.

Wall/Smith
Kennard/Galloway
Bullock/Robinson
Griffin/Johnson
Drummond/Pachulia

That team could be top 3 in the east and if Kennard continues to develop we could be pretty deadly.

In order to make salaries match we'd have to add in Galloway and Leuer. And probably $3million more. Maybe Calderon or Zaza or maybe Ellenaon. Not sure if adding one of those guys would add up

Edit:ohhhh you're right! He only makes $19mill this year before his ridiculous 4 year extension kicks in. Never knew that!
So it would be RJ plus Ellenson. That would work.
We keep our pick since his contract is the worst In The league .
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#37 » by DetroitSho » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:32 pm

Kilo wrote:Back-up big options -

Pat Patterson straight up for Langston Galloway - PatPat is playing 15mpg in OKC and they could use some shooting. Patterson played under Casey in Toronto.

Dwayne Dedmon for Ish Smith, Henry Ellenson - ATL trades Lin and needs a veteran PG replacement. Ish and Dedmon both exprings.

James Johnson for Leuer, Ish - This one is less likely, but if Miami looks to blow things up a bit we take on a second Johnson year out of this. Miami will have 62M coming off the books after next season, make this trade and they'd have 72M coming off - a couple max contract space. Johnson played under Casey as well in Toronto.
But.................why? We got nothing on the wings and you want to strengthen our strength?

Sent from my SM-G955U using RealGM mobile app
Kilo
RealGM

Post#38 » by Kilo » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:35 pm

DetroitSho wrote:

But.................why? We got nothing on the wings and you want to strengthen our strength?

Watching Leuer on Capela last night mostly. And old man Zaza in totality lately. Kennard comes back and Galloway is probably the odd man out. I guess GRIII could be benched with Bullock starting at the 3-spot. Also I want to see what Khyri Thomas could do in spot minutes like how we're seeing Brown.
Weaver = Hinkie
DetroitSho
Head Coach
And1: 2,165

Post#39 » by DetroitSho » Sat Nov 24, 2018 8:57 pm

Kilo wrote:
DetroitSho wrote:

Watching Leuer on Capela last night mostly. And old man Zaza in totality lately. Kennard comes back and Galloway is probably the odd man out. I guess GRIII could be benched with Bullock starting at the 3-spot. Also I want to see what Khyri Thomas could do in spot minutes like how we're seeing Brown.
Ok that's still zero above average starting caliber players on the wing when Kennard comes back. And if Capela is the problem, guys like Patterson and Johnson ain't the answer.

Han Solo
General Manager
And1: 7,451

Post#40 » by Han Solo » Sun Nov 25, 2018 2:36 am

Would be great to get Fultz for cheap and hope he figures it out.

Return to Detroit Pistons