ImageImageImage

Hot and Heavy with the Hawks (Drummond Trade Rumors go National)

Moderators: dVs33, Cowology, Snakebites, theBigLip

kpt
Senior
And1: 216

Re: Hot and Heavy with the Hawks (Drummond Trade Rumors go National) 

Post#301 » by kpt » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:25 pm

Parsons severely injured in car wreck.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,345

Post#302 » by Snakebites » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:28 pm

El Chivo wrote:Drummond's era will never end, I'm starting to deal with it.

I still think odds are decent he leaves in the offseason. I think we wouldn't be looking to trade him if the plan was solidly to resign him if he stays.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 22,013

Post#303 » by MotownMadness » Mon Jan 20, 2020 6:36 pm

kpt wrote:Parsons severely injured in car wreck.

Damn, hope he ends up alright :(
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,777

Post#304 » by Invictus88 » Mon Jan 20, 2020 10:25 pm

Snakebites wrote:
El Chivo wrote:Drummond's era will never end, I'm starting to deal with it.

I still think odds are decent he leaves in the offseason. I think we wouldn't be looking to trade him if the plan was solidly to resign him if he stays.

I think he's with us next year because his agent realizes he gets nowhere near 28 million per in his next contract and he opts in; taking out an insurance policy somewhere.

Seeing the responses from the Knicks and Atlanta made me realize other teams want no part of next year's salary; preferring to "wait until free agency".

I think the only way we are able to trade him at this point is if we somehow convince him to take a significant paycut on a new contract. And that would include foregoing the player option he currently has. Does anyone know if that's even a possibility to do mid-season? If not then I don't see anything developing before the offseason.
pistonsbball
Veteran
And1: 1,638

Post#305 » by pistonsbball » Wed Jan 22, 2020 6:58 am

That terrible Parsons news really rules out Atlanta. Everything's leading to Dre opting in and the Drummond era continuing on.
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,582

Post#306 » by Pharaoh » Wed Jan 22, 2020 12:20 pm

Dre opting in isn't the end of the world though. We'll still suck!

Blake is injured, Reggie, Thon & Galloway should be gone, Kieff might be too.

Rose, Bone
Luke, Brown
Snell, Svi
Sekou, half of Blake
Dre, Wood

And a Lotto pick

That's terrible! After that season Dre is free to accept reality and get a normal contract, Rose & Snell might ring chase and we add another Lotto pick

In 2 seasons we could be:

2020 Lotto pick, Bone
Luke, Brown
2021 Lotto pick, Svi
Sekou
Wood

That's gold! Dead in the water, cap space to burn, G Leaguers to sign...

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#307 » by Snakebites » Wed Jan 22, 2020 1:48 pm

pistonsbball wrote:That terrible Parsons news really rules out Atlanta. Everything's leading to Dre opting in and the Drummond era continuing on.

Eh. Atlanta was already ruled out.

Dre most likely isn’t getting traded. I’ve settled in to that. You probably should too. All the data we’ve got on this topic points one way.
subbed sub
Senior
And1: 874

Post#308 » by subbed sub » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:01 pm

Snakebites wrote:
pistonsbball wrote:That terrible Parsons news really rules out Atlanta. Everything's leading to Dre opting in and the Drummond era continuing on.

Dre most likely isn’t getting traded. I’ve settled in to that. You probably should too. All the data we’ve got on this topic points one way.

All the data we've got on this topic is from the media, and strategically placed there by negotiators. It doesn't mean anything whatsoever. It's all just bargaining. Rumour and counter-rumour. All we can do is say what we'd like to happen. The only fact we have is that Dre currently plays for Detroit. Everything else is smoke and mirrors.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,538

Post#309 » by Canadafan » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:09 pm

Dallas gonna get him.
Could see Lee's expiring, Delon Wright(Casey connection) Maxi Kleber(our new center) and Justin Jackson(youth)
for
Dre, Kieff, Frazier and Kyrie.
They keep their rotation guys instead of giving us THJr who plays quite a bit for them.
Salaries work perfectly. My prediction(for today) lol
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#310 » by Snakebites » Wed Jan 22, 2020 2:22 pm

subbed sub wrote:
Snakebites wrote:

All the data we've got on this topic is from the media, and strategically placed there by negotiators. It doesn't mean anything whatsoever. It's all just bargaining. Rumour and counter-rumour. All we can do is say what we'd like to happen. The only fact we have is that Dre currently plays for Detroit. Everything else is smoke and mirrors.

Eh. You’ll see.

Even if you’re correct, it means the Pistons are getting utterly outmanuevered as absolutely nothing suggesting he’s valued is out in the media. It doesn’t stack up, so to me there’s smoke to the idea nobody wants to deal for him. It furthermore makes sense that nobody wants him based on his impact, relevance, and contract situation.

You know your argument is in trouble when your best points are just excuses for why there’s no evidence for your viewpoint.
subbed sub
Senior

Post#311 » by subbed sub » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:20 pm

Snakebites wrote:
subbed sub wrote:
Snakebites wrote:Eh. Atlanta was already ruled out.

Eh. You’ll see.

Even if you’re correct, it means the Pistons are getting utterly outmanuevered as absolutely nothing suggesting he’s valued is out in the media. It doesn’t stack up, so to me there’s smoke to the idea nobody wants to deal for him. It furthermore makes sense that nobody wants him based on his impact, relevance, and contract situation.

You know your argument is in trouble when your best points are just excuses for why there’s no evidence for your viewpoint.

We're not being "out manoeuvred" at all.

And why would a buying team make it public knowledge that they intend to trade for a player nearer the deadline? That's like telling a car dealer that you really like one of his cars for sale.

It's all going to go off on the final day.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#312 » by Snakebites » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:24 pm

subbed sub wrote:
Snakebites wrote:
subbed sub wrote:

Eh. You’ll see.

And why would a buying team make it public knowledge that they intend to trade for a player nearer the deadline? That's like telling a car dealer that you really like one of his cars for sale.

Wouldn’t the Pistons want it out there that teams are interested? Why aren’t they negotiating through the media like you’re convinced potential buyers are?
subbed sub
Senior

Post#313 » by subbed sub » Wed Jan 22, 2020 3:43 pm

Snakebites wrote:
subbed sub wrote:
Snakebites wrote:
Eh. You’ll see.

Wouldn’t the Pistons want it out there that teams are interested? Why aren’t they negotiating through the media like you’re convinced potential buyers are?

I think they've put a few stories out to let buyers know that Andre is available but not for trash like Damien Jones. They may be waiting to see if Andre is a third time Allstar, to drive the price up. I don't know. All i know is you can't trust anything that comes through a media channel when it comes to upcoming trades.
jayu70
RealGM
And1: 12,045

Post#314 » by jayu70 » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:16 pm

Interesting development or Not:

1 hour ago – via Kevin O'Connor @ The Ringer

The Hawks were close to a deal that would have sent Chandler Parsons and the Nets’ 2020 first-round pick to Detroit for Drummond, but Atlanta was unwilling to add the pick because Drummond’s contract extension demands are currently too high, according to multiple league sources.

Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#315 » by Snakebites » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:18 pm

I figured contract situation was a huge factor in teams reluctance to pull the trigger on a deal.

Regardless of your opinion of Drummond and his fit for the Hawks, there's no way in the world a trade is worth it if they aren't confident they can sign him to a reasonable contract.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,631

Post#316 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:22 pm

I can see nobody buying Drummond, he opts to go the free agent route and ends up getting a Monroe deal that is much less than he anticipated with some other team out of spite since he didn't get what he wanted here.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#317 » by Snakebites » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:30 pm

BadMofoPimp wrote:I can see nobody buying Drummond, he opts to go the free agent route and ends up getting a Monroe deal that is much less than he anticipated with some other team out of spite since he didn't get what he wanted here.

I'd be very surprised if we deal Drummond at this point.

He's not a "can't miss" player you roll the dice on because he's worth the risk. He's a potentially useful player who's contract is a concern. You can risk an asset in hopes that you can resign him to what he's actually worth, or you can risk nothing by trying to get him in the offseason. The equation is going to be pretty straightforward for any potentially interested team. We waited too long to trade the guy.

And that's assuming you WANT him as a player, which only certain teams will.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,384

Post#318 » by buzzkilloton » Thu Jan 23, 2020 2:55 pm

Snakebites wrote:
BadMofoPimp wrote:I can see nobody buying Drummond, he opts to go the free agent route and ends up getting a Monroe deal that is much less than he anticipated with some other team out of spite since he didn't get what he wanted here.

He's not a "can't miss" player you roll the dice on because he's worth the risk. He's a potentially useful player who's contract is a concern. You can risk an asset in hopes that you can resign him to what he's actually worth, or you can risk nothing by trying to get him in the offseason. The equation is going to be pretty straightforward for any potentially interested team. We waited too long to trade the guy.

Exactly should of traded him years ago.

Feels like he had trade rumors every season. Only fitting his last season in Detroit he has more trade rumors that go nowhere.
BadMofoPimp
RealGM
And1: 11,631

Post#319 » by BadMofoPimp » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:00 pm

Snakebites wrote:

The one team I think would trade for Drummond is the Blazers by swapping Hassan for Drummond. Maybe, they will add a future 1st or young player. Portland intends to win this year and Drummond is better than Hassan.

Provin Ya'll Wrong!!!
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,538

Post#320 » by Canadafan » Thu Jan 23, 2020 3:06 pm

^^^heard Nursik is on the way back soon though

Return to Detroit Pistons