ImageImageImage

Hot and Heavy with the Hawks (Drummond Trade Rumors go National)

Moderators: theBigLip, Cowology, dVs33, Snakebites

The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,190

Re: Hot and Heavy with the Hawks (Drummond Trade Rumors go National) 

Post#341 » by The Moose » Thu Jan 23, 2020 11:51 pm

Yes, 20 mill/per season is the maximum I would be fine with too.
Slightly more than Capela got
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,547

Post#342 » by bstein14 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:07 am

zeebneeb wrote:I would love to resign Andre at 20 per season. That's maximum, period. He has got to make a decision on if he wants to stay in Detroit, or go elsewhere. I honestly don't think he is going to get much more then that anywhere so of he meant what he said, and wants to stay in Detroit, he is going to have to accept that he is absolutely not a max player. If the team was winning 50+ Games, getting into the second round, anything that pointed to him being the catalyst to winning, no one would balk at a big deal.

As is, he is the perfect third guy on a title team.

Very true. If this team had 2012 D Rose and 2014 Blake Griffen I'd have no problem and I'd hope ownership would have no problem giving current Dre the max or near max and going into the luxury tax to try to win a championship.

Where we are at it makes no sense to pay a huge contract to maybe see a playoff win or two over the next four seasons... He doesn't move the needle for us enough to give him a huge deal.
Rip32
Rookie
And1: 206

Post#343 » by Rip32 » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:44 am

bstein14 wrote:
zeebneeb wrote:I would love to resign Andre at 20 per season. That's maximum, period. He has got to make a decision on if he wants to stay in Detroit, or go elsewhere. I honestly don't think he is going to get much more then that anywhere so of he meant what he said, and wants to stay in Detroit, he is going to have to accept that he is absolutely not a max player. If the team was winning 50+ Games, getting into the second round, anything that pointed to him being the catalyst to winning, no one would balk at a big deal.

As is, he is the perfect third guy on a title team.

Very true. If this team had 2012 D Rose and 2014 Blake Griffen I'd have no problem and I'd hope ownership would have no problem giving current Dre the max or near max and going into the luxury tax to try to win a championship.

Where we are at it makes no sense to pay a huge contract to maybe see a playoff win or two over the next four seasons... He doesn't move the needle for us enough to give him a huge deal.

I would give that mofo 20 mil per year...15 max. He hasn't carried Detroit. He isn't the face of the franchise. F_ck Drummond

:nod: DETROIT VS EVERYBODY :nod:

I have no love for rogue moderators who abuse their authority

The Messiah needs a spacer to be great :noway:
JohnReese
Senior
And1: 272

Post#344 » by JohnReese » Fri Jan 24, 2020 12:47 am

Whiteside is putting similar numbers and is way better in the defensive end, however, no one is gonna give him more than 10-15 a year.
Invictus88
Analyst
And1: 1,856

Post#345 » by Invictus88 » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:11 am

Looks like another potential trade partner for Drummond is no more: Golden State traded WCS to the Mavericks for a 2nd round pick.

At the very least Dallas has a lot less incentive to try to make a Drummond trade work.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons
And1: 15,998

Post#346 » by Snakebites » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:42 am

Wonder if the lack of trade interest spooks Dre into opting in.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 22,229

Post#347 » by MotownMadness » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:55 am

Snakebites wrote:Wonder if the lack of trade interest spooks Dre into opting in.

I think thats whats about to happen. Or we're his safety blanket that he knows if he strikes out Gores will give him a 4/100 type deal
Billl
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,673

Post#348 » by Billl » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:15 am

JohnReese wrote:Whiteside is putting similar numbers and is way better in the defensive end, however, no one is gonna give him more than 10-15 a year.

Well, he's a known locker room problem, so that tanks his value quite a bit. And he's 30.
zeebneeb
RealGM
And1: 11,344

Post#349 » by zeebneeb » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:40 am

Invictus88 wrote:Looks like another potential trade partner for Drummond is no more: Golden State traded WCS to the Mavericks for a 2nd round pick.

At the very least Dallas has a lot less incentive to try to make a Drummond trade work.
How long until WCS can be traded again?

Just working out a scenario where the Pistons end up with him, filler, and some kind of future pick for Andre.

Just asking, nothing serious.
pistonsbball
Veteran
And1: 1,650

Post#350 » by pistonsbball » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:12 am

WCS can give them some of what Drummond could have at like 10% of the price.

It's probably New York or Charlotte, and we ain't getting much back. He doesn't really make sense for any team, not at his current money or the money he'll want.
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#351 » by Snakebites » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:12 am

Man. Everything pointing to a quiet and disappointing deadline.
The Moose
General Manager
And1: 5,190

Post#352 » by The Moose » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:14 am

Doubt we are trading him. Don't think anyone will give a first rounder, and the team doesn't want the optics or trading him for 2nds or contracts
El Chivo
Starter
And1: 971

Post#353 » by El Chivo » Sat Jan 25, 2020 8:56 am

Nobody wants him. Only Gores, some posters here and Pistons twitter think he's a borderline star.
You don't need a weatherman to know which way the wind blows.
subbed sub
Senior
And1: 874

Post#354 » by subbed sub » Sat Jan 25, 2020 12:56 pm

Does Dallas acquiring Cauley-Stein mean they our now out of the Drummond mix? (if they were ever in it to begin with)
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#355 » by Snakebites » Sat Jan 25, 2020 1:38 pm

subbed sub wrote:Does Dallas acquiring Cauley-Stein mean they our now out of the Drummond mix? (if they were ever in it to begin with)

I don’t think there interest was ever serious and they didn’t have appealing assets either. A trade with them was always an extreme long shot.

But yes, I think this eliminates them entirely.
Canadafan
Assistant Coach
And1: 1,620

Post#356 » by Canadafan » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:22 pm

Snakebites wrote:
subbed sub wrote:Does Dallas acquiring Cauley-Stein mean they our now out of the Drummond mix? (if they were ever in it to begin with)

I don’t think there interest was ever serious and they didn’t have appealing assets either. A trade with them was always an extreme long shot.

You're a realist and pretty much dont think a trade will happen. Do you see any team out there going for Dre? Or better worded, give a name or two of teams that could get him
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#357 » by Snakebites » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:52 pm

Canadafan wrote:
Snakebites wrote:

You're a realist and pretty much dont think a trade will happen. Do you see any team out there going for Dre? Or better worded, give a name or two of teams that could get him

Hard to venture a guess.

Raptors are looking for a talent upgrade, but there's no indication they're looking for a big. There's an outside chance the Hawks will come back to the table if we lower our demand to seconds, I guess.

Not really much to say there. I don't think we can trade him. I think all indicators have been pointing that way since the very first reporting we heard after the initial reveal that we were working on trading for him.

I do think the Hawks and Knicks will kick the tires on signing him in the offseason, but they won't offer a max deal.
Moses ShamMoses
Analyst
And1: 1,362

Post#358 » by Moses ShamMoses » Sat Jan 25, 2020 2:53 pm

I think there is benefit to us trading Drummond and playing out the year without him. It frees up minutes for Christian Wood to see how he responds to starters minutes. Also, it gives the front office time to evaluate this team minus Drummond before heading into the off-season. They can start to answer questions like, who will step up in the rebounding department with Andre gone? Will it be by committee or will 1 or 2 guys step up? They can evaluate Andre's impact to winning as well. Advanced stats show Andre being on the court hasn't really translated to wins, but there's only one way to really find out, right?

Andre isn't going to get a max deal. Even if he is traded, the Pistons could technically offer him a contract over the summer just like any other team. I doubt they will, and hope they don't, but its an option. Hopefully this front office is ready to see this team minus Drummond even if it means we trade for lowly expirings + 2nd rounder.
Jeff Van Gundy on his brother's Pistons: 'He took over the Titanic and it's sinking even quicker'
Snakebites
Forum Mod - Pistons
Forum Mod - Pistons

Post#359 » by Snakebites » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:09 pm

Moses ShamMoses wrote:I think there is benefit to us trading Drummond and playing out the year without him. It frees up minutes for Christian Wood to see how he responds to starters minutes. Also, it gives the front office time to evaluate this team minus Drummond before heading into the off-season. They can start to answer questions like, who will step up in the rebounding department with Andre gone? Will it be by committee or will 1 or 2 guys step up? They can evaluate Andre's impact to winning as well. Advanced stats show Andre being on the court hasn't really translated to wins, but there's only one way to really find out, right?

Andre isn't going to get a max deal. Even if he is traded, the Pistons could technically offer him a contract over the summer just like any other team. I doubt they will, and hope they don't, but its an option. Hopefully this front office is ready to see this team minus Drummond even if it means we trade for lowly expirings + 2nd rounder.

If there's one thing I'm convinced of it is that trading Drummond will not assist in the tank.

If anything we're better off with the more offensively dynamic Wood in the starting lineup than Dre.

I think I'd be happy with trading Dre for nothing simply because it takes resigning him to a big deal off the table.
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,436

Post#360 » by buzzkilloton » Sat Jan 25, 2020 3:26 pm

Drummonds trade value is zilch nada. Honestly I'd call back the Hawks and trade him straight up for Parsons. At least that way Drummonds attitude doesnt rub off on Sekou and the young guys. You know hes pouting around the locker room knowing nobody wants to pay him.

Return to Detroit Pistons