DBC10
General Manager
And1: 2,804

Re: Sekou to Orlando? 

Post#41 » by DBC10 » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:29 pm

Pharaoh wrote:
SamFlow wrote:
Canadafan wrote:
God that whole chain of events really was a horrible time in pistons history lol

I don't blame Darko.... I BLAME OTIS THORPE! If he hadn't played well enough for us to get that trade.

shhhh, the one time we win the lottery we blow it. We all know who we got. I never looked at who we could have got if we would have just stayed lower... 8th or so?

nope 6th, Chris Kaman territory. Probably would have switch Darko with Zarko. PG heavy draft. Kyle Korver was a second rounder.
Assume we take Melo at #2.

LB was a **** so doesn't start him, instead prefers Tayshaun until Melo buys in to playing defence....

Which he eventually does after we make the Sheed trade

BOOM - The five fingered fist becomes 6, we likely still destroy the Lakers in 04 and likely beat the Spurs in 05.

Might have even got another one as slowly Melo rises to true franchise player status (since he's a 2 way player) and carries us through as the guys age.

Melo and Chauncey did well in Denver together so there's no reason to think they couldn't have done well here.

Us v Cavs would have become the rivalry for us years.

Sent from my SM-A520F using RealGM mobile app

There’s also the part that Melo was hoping to get drafted by us so that he could compete with lebron each year and would’ve bought in with the vets if we had him. Thus him becoming a true two way player type star

It’s maddening in hindsight
SAKURABA216
Starter
And1: 817

Post#42 » by SAKURABA216 » Tue Nov 3, 2020 8:17 pm

Sekou is kind of what you would hope for out of a #15 pick. There's no point in flipping him when there is a chance that the person we pick with #15 this year won't be as good. There is also our putrid of history of whiffing on virtually every other draft pick to consider so the odds of us getting someone decent decreases even further.
2sinsworth
Ballboy
And1: 17

Post#43 » by 2sinsworth » Thu Nov 5, 2020 4:14 am

There were a handful of games last year that Sekou stood out, especially that Boston game! That gave you a glimpse of what could be.

So, the kid got a glimpse of the NBA game. He made some errors but yeah. Let's see what his growth is like this season.
DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 478

Post#44 » by DetroitDon15 » Thu Nov 5, 2020 11:52 pm

Do I think that there are any players at 15 with a higher potential or are currently a better player than Sekou? The answer is no and that’s why Orlando would offer. Easy pass.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,969

Post#45 » by MotownMadness » Sun Nov 8, 2020 4:07 pm

BJK1
Senior
And1: 333

Post#46 » by BJK1 » Sun Nov 8, 2020 4:09 pm

KD looks thrilled to be posing with Sekou.
bstein14
RealGM
And1: 8,143

Post#47 » by bstein14 » Sun Nov 8, 2020 5:12 pm

Having not played since March, he has literally had 3 offseason worth of time to work on improving his game and skillset. If we don't see a big jump right from the get go this season its going to be a really bad sign. He should 100% be a rotation level player to start the season... if he's on the outside of the rotation looking in he probably won't ever become a starter in this league.
Billl
Assistant Coach
And1: 2,455

Post#48 » by Billl » Mon Nov 9, 2020 2:01 pm

bstein14 wrote:Having not played since March, he has literally had 3 offseason worth of time to work on improving his game and skillset. If we don't see a big jump right from the get go this season its going to be a really bad sign. He should 100% be a rotation level player to start the season... if he's on the outside of the rotation looking in he probably won't ever become a starter in this league.

Sekou is 19. Hopefully he's been working hard on his game, but he's still going to be younger that most of the guys drafted this year. This also hasn't been a "normal" offseason in terms of the work he can get in. We had a couple weeks of full practices and the rest of the time guys are just having to work out alone. That's fine for individual skill development, but it's not the same as game action.
ByeByeDre
Rookie
And1: 373

Post#49 » by ByeByeDre » Wed Nov 11, 2020 5:54 am

bstein14 wrote: He should 100% be a rotation level player to start the season... if he's on the outside of the rotation looking in he probably won't ever become a starter in this league.

.....and if that happens, you no longer can get the 15th pick for him.......
Laimbeer
RealGM
And1: 14,218

Post#50 » by Laimbeer » Fri Nov 13, 2020 3:06 pm

Thought he was pretty bad, but probably still wouldn't do this because the draft is thin.
ByeByeDre
Rookie

Post#51 » by ByeByeDre » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:12 pm

This is a great thread. I’ll post the same poll question in a month. Bet it will be 50/50........

Fifteenth pick, by the way, was Cole Anthony.
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,969

Post#52 » by MotownMadness » Thu Dec 31, 2020 10:28 pm

ByeByeDre wrote:This is a great thread. I’ll post the same poll question in a month. Bet it will be 50/50........

Fifteenth pick, by the way, was Cole Anthony.

Man I keep hearing about Cole Anthony and hes shooting 36% overall and 22% from 3. Also it's been 4 friggin games
ByeByeDre
Rookie

Post#53 » by ByeByeDre » Sun Jan 3, 2021 2:46 am

DetroitDon15 wrote:Do I think that there are any players at 15 with a higher potential or are currently a better player than Sekou? The answer is no and that’s why Orlando would offer. Easy pass.

Saddiq Bey and Isaiah Stewart say hello.
DetroitDon15
General Manager
And1: 478

Post#54 » by DetroitDon15 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 3:21 am

ByeByeDre wrote:
DetroitDon15 wrote:Do I think that there are any players at 15 with a higher potential or are currently a better player than Sekou? The answer is no and that’s why Orlando would offer. Easy pass.

I can admit when I am wrong. I think Bey looks better than Seku in 5 games.
ByeByeDre
Rookie

Post#55 » by ByeByeDre » Tue Jan 5, 2021 3:31 am

DetroitDon15 wrote:
ByeByeDre wrote:

All good - I’m showing my age a bit, but Sekou reminds me of another terrific French athlete, Mickael Pietrus, who basically underwhelmed as a pro. Crazy athletic, but the game never quite got there.
DNice68
Rookie
And1: 376

Post#56 » by DNice68 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 4:30 am

ByeByeDre wrote:
DetroitDon15 wrote:
ByeByeDre wrote:

All good - I’m showing my age a bit, but Sekou reminds me of another terrific French athlete, Mickael Pietrus, who basically underwhelmed as a pro. Crazy athletic, but the game never quite got there.

I think you all need to calm your asses down. This is the reason why people like Middleton and Dinwiddie got traded. It was because of bad gms mostly, but bipolar ass Pistons fans wanted them gone. When we got Jennings for Middleton, a lot of Piston fans were happy. Sekou is 20 years old, and it’s been 6 games, please relax!
ByeByeDre
Rookie

Post#57 » by ByeByeDre » Tue Jan 5, 2021 5:27 am

DNice68 wrote:
ByeByeDre wrote:
DetroitDon15 wrote:

I think you all need to calm your asses down. This is the reason why people like Middleton and Dinwiddie got traded. It was because of bad gms mostly, but bipolar ass Pistons fans wanted them gone. When we got Jennings for Middleton, a lot of Piston fans were happy. Sekou is 20 years old, and it’s been 6 games, please relax!

It’s been six games for Sekou?

Also, I don’t recall if Middleton or Dinwiddie’s agents FIRED THEM. Character matters. I’ll repost the poll soon.
DNice68
Rookie
And1: 376

Post#58 » by DNice68 » Tue Jan 5, 2021 6:26 am

ByeByeDre wrote:
DNice68 wrote:
ByeByeDre wrote:

Also, I don’t recall if Middleton or Dinwiddie’s agents FIRED THEM. Character matters. I’ll repost the poll soon.

A whomping 7 games, I’m sorry!
Pharaoh
RealGM
And1: 4,570

Post#59 » by Pharaoh » Tue Jan 5, 2021 7:05 am

Negative people are gonna find the negative in everything man.

Let them!
DNice68 wrote:
ByeByeDre wrote:
DNice68 wrote:I think you all need to calm your asses down. This is the reason why people like Middleton and Dinwiddie got traded. It was because of bad gms mostly, but bipolar ass Pistons fans wanted them gone. When we got Jennings for Middleton, a lot of Piston fans were happy. Sekou is 20 years old, and it’s been 6 games, please relax!

Sent from my SM-G781B using RealGM mobile app
ByeByeDre
Rookie

Post#60 » by ByeByeDre » Tue Jan 5, 2021 7:37 am

DNice68 wrote:
ByeByeDre wrote:
DNice68 wrote:I think you all need to calm your asses down. This is the reason why people like Middleton and Dinwiddie got traded. It was because of bad gms mostly, but bipolar ass Pistons fans wanted them gone. When we got Jennings for Middleton, a lot of Piston fans were happy. Sekou is 20 years old, and it’s been 6 games, please relax!

He’s a rookie? News to me!

Return to Detroit Pistons