Moderators: Snakebites, theBigLip, dVs33, Cowology

snowman
Forum Mod - Celtics
Forum Mod - Celtics
And1: 2,595

Re: Thread for trade deadline 2020! 

Post#581 » by snowman » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:36 pm

Boston fan coming in peace.

Guys, if you are looking for picks, and want to move Kennard, how about to Boston for Brad Wannamaker, Carson Edwards, the Celtics 2020 1st round pick and the Bucks 2020 1st round pick.
The Bandit
Junior
And1: 164

Post#582 » by The Bandit » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:41 pm

What's Kennard's injury status? When is he due back?
thesack12
RealGM
And1: 2,253

Post#583 » by thesack12 » Fri Jan 31, 2020 10:55 pm

The 76ers have "expressed some interest" in Langston Galloway, according to James Edwards of The Athletic.

Philly desperately wants to add some reliable outside shooting prior to the trade deadline, and Galloway is shooting a career-high 39.7% from downtown and averaging two made treys per game this season. Edwards writes he "could see the Pistons earning a second-round pick" in exchange for Galloway.

Source: The Athletic
Jan 31, 2020, 11:47 AM ET
MotownMadness
RealGM
And1: 21,972

Post#584 » by MotownMadness » Fri Jan 31, 2020 11:02 pm

thesack12 wrote:
The 76ers have "expressed some interest" in Langston Galloway, according to James Edwards of The Athletic.

Philly desperately wants to add some reliable outside shooting prior to the trade deadline, and Galloway is shooting a career-high 39.7% from downtown and averaging two made treys per game this season. Edwards writes he "could see the Pistons earning a second-round pick" in exchange for Galloway.

Source: The Athletic
Jan 31, 2020, 11:47 AM ET

Thats best case for a Galloway trade probably cause Philly has the first couple picks in the 2nd round i believe at the moment
kpt
Senior
And1: 209

Post#585 » by kpt » Sat Feb 1, 2020 12:56 am

Nice to see Dre showing well heading into the deadline (sarcasm)
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Post#586 » by buzzkilloton » Sat Feb 1, 2020 1:06 am

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Multiple sources have told the Free Press that it&#39;s unlikely Derrick Rose is moved - unless a high first-round pick is offered. That tidbit is here.<a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Pistons?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Pistons</a> would prefer to keep him. Good money and short money. Also a good presence for a young team, which they will be. <a href="https://t.co/aJSZWsppJP">https://t.co/aJSZWsppJP</a></p>&mdash; Vince_Ells56 (@Vincent_Ellis56) <a href="
Read on Twitter
?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">January 31, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
buzzkilloton
Lead Assistant
And1: 2,380

Post#587 » by buzzkilloton » Sat Feb 1, 2020 1:06 am

High first round pick like anyone has that to offer. If we hold him to play him till he gets hurt and get nothing im going to be tilted.
rmfc
Assistant Coach
And1: 936

Post#588 » by rmfc » Sat Feb 1, 2020 2:24 am

ThunderBolt wrote:
rmfc wrote:Any chance we could trade for Nerlens Noel?

Nerlens can veto any trade so he’s probably not an option. What do Pistons fans think snell is worth?

Did I read that right? Nerlens can veto any trade? :o
What kind of a contract did he get from OKC??
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#589 » by MotownMadness » Sat Feb 1, 2020 2:26 am

rmfc wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote:
rmfc wrote:Any chance we could trade for Nerlens Noel?

Nerlens can veto any trade so he’s probably not an option. What do Pistons fans think snell is worth?

A no trade clause?
rmfc
Assistant Coach

Post#590 » by rmfc » Sat Feb 1, 2020 2:28 am

MotownMadness wrote:
rmfc wrote:
ThunderBolt wrote: Nerlens can veto any trade so he’s probably not an option. What do Pistons fans think snell is worth?

A no trade clause?

Why would any team agree to add a no trade clause in the contract for a player like Noel? What am I missing?
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#591 » by MotownMadness » Sat Feb 1, 2020 2:33 am

rmfc wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
rmfc wrote:

A no trade clause?

Why would any team agree to add a no trade clause in the contract for a player like Noel? What am I missing?

I looked up his contract and stats and was shocked how productuve he actually is. His advanced stats are crazy and hes paid like 2 mil.
rmfc
Assistant Coach

Post#592 » by rmfc » Sat Feb 1, 2020 2:39 am

MotownMadness wrote:
rmfc wrote:
MotownMadness wrote: A no trade clause?

I looked up his contract and stats and was shocked how productuve he actually is. His advanced stats are crazy and hes paid like 2 mil.

Yeah, I like Noel's production. That's why I was if we could somehow trade for him (assuming Andre will be gone soon).
ThunderBolt
Retired Mod
Retired Mod
And1: 18,357

Post#593 » by ThunderBolt » Sat Feb 1, 2020 2:41 am

rmfc wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
rmfc wrote:

A no trade clause?

It’s built in to protect Noel because the team trading for him won’t receive his bird rights. It’s not something okc added but it’s in the cba. Similar to the lakers with KCP last year.
bisme37 wrote:If there were magnets in basketballs so strong they changed the path of the ball as it flew through the air, wouldn't the ball then stick magnetically to the rim when it got there?
Phobo_Phile
Sixth Man
And1: 357

Post#594 » by Phobo_Phile » Sat Feb 1, 2020 2:45 am

rmfc wrote:
MotownMadness wrote:
rmfc wrote:

A no trade clause?

It's because he re-signed with the same team on a *potential* one year deal. It's applicable to players that re-sign a one year deal or a team with a player/team option. He has the right to refuse a trade because if he were traded he would lose his early bird rights if acquired by another team. There are several lower level players that have the same ability. It's not so much that the team offered that as much it is the nature of the contract they signed.
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,119

Post#595 » by Kilo » Sat Feb 1, 2020 2:51 am

It was mentioned that there was 10+ team scouts at the game tonight. I suspect somebody wanted to see if Snell could guard the four - welp that team is no longer interested. Of course Siakam is a death match up for virtually anybody.

We better trade Dre for anything because he's opting in otherwise. He's not getting more than $20M AAV offer as a UFA, maybe even less. He's the king of empty stats and tonights game was a microcosm of his whole Piston career. Did nothing until he padded stats in garbage time.

Rose, Kieff and Galloway will be dealt. Dre only for absolute crud or even if we have to take back a bad contract through next season at this point.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#596 » by MotownMadness » Sat Feb 1, 2020 3:53 pm

Vince Ellis

Derrick Rose on trade rumors: It’s up to the front office. Arn (Tellem) gave me his word that if something were to happen, he will text or call, but I told him that I want to stay here, but it’s not up to me. You already know how that goes.” #Pistons
LaSheed
Bench Warmer
And1: 598

Post#597 » by LaSheed » Sat Feb 1, 2020 4:07 pm

snowman wrote:Boston fan coming in peace.

Guys, if you are looking for picks, and want to move Kennard, how about to Boston for Brad Wannamaker, Carson Edwards, the Celtics 2020 1st round pick and the Bucks 2020 1st round pick.

That gets the conversation started imo
Kilo
RealGM
And1: 5,119

Post#598 » by Kilo » Sat Feb 1, 2020 4:57 pm

MotownMadness wrote:Vince Ellis

Derrick Rose on trade rumors: It’s up to the front office. Arn (Tellem) gave me his word that if something were to happen, he will text or call, but I told him that I want to stay here, but it’s not up to me. You already know how that goes.” #Pistons

I'm not totally opposed to keeping him if we moved Drummond. I just want tank proof of life. Trading Dre keeps us bottom 6 in the league and gets a good enough draft pick and I DON'T HATE the idea of having Rose to be an on-court/basketball mentor here for 2/3rds of the season next year.

But if we can't/don't trade Dre than Rose has to go to secure the tank. Though I'd still fear a two man Dre/Reggie show the rest of the season and both could be UFA's and playing for next contract.
Weaver = Hinkie
VW to Portland :pray:
mattao313
General Manager
And1: 4,410

Post#599 » by mattao313 » Sat Feb 1, 2020 5:02 pm

Kilo wrote:

I'm not totally opposed to keeping him if we moved Drummond. I just want tank proof of life. Trading Dre keeps us bottom 6 in the league and gets a good enough draft pick and I DON'T HATE the idea of having Rose to be an on-court/basketball mentor here for 2/3rds of the season next year.

But if we can't/don't trade Dre than Rose has to go to secure the tank. Though I'd still fear a two man Dre/Reggie show the rest of the season and both could be UFA's and playing for next contract.

Does Drummond really win us more games? Trading him may actually win us more games.
Championships
MotownMadness
RealGM

Post#600 » by MotownMadness » Sat Feb 1, 2020 5:04 pm

Kilo wrote:

I honestly think Drummond does nothing towards winning games. Rose is the big threat to a couple extra wins.

Return to Detroit Pistons